Stop crying and get on discord

Moderator: LIHL Staff

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Stop crying and get on discord

Postby AvadaKedavra » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Like seriously

I dislike discord. It looks weird, it sounds weird and it "feels" weird. I'd much prefer to have the old, system inside battle.net in the lihl channel. But that's not possible.

So I signed up for freaking discord, so we could keep !signing for games, and have things run again. I dislike it, but I did it anyways to keep lihl alive.

Why is half this league refusing to do the same?

All this talk about killing lihl. The main reason lihl is dying, is because people are refusing to swtich to discord.

It only takes a few minutes to set up, and it can even run in your browser, no need to download anything.

I know I'm just repeating stuff that's already been said, but wtf? Stop crying and get on discord!
These users thanked the author AvadaKedavra for the post (total 4):
bezdak (Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:01 pm) • Jamo (Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:21 pm) • SLSGuennter (Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:31 pm) • FateStayNight (Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:29 pm)

IamHodor
Forest Walker

Re: Stop crying and get on discord

Postby IamHodor » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:19 pm

As long as there is drama, it means lihl is alive. So i can see lihl is truly living.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 pm

People crying for nothing and some ppl take advantage of this event to make some unnecessary drama (nore) .
@krayyzie , as far as u make a discord acc, you are auto revouched so this unvouch is kinda useless and would not hurts anyone .
Making a discord acc is quite simple and you dont even have to dl the app. I can understand that this unvouch appears as random tk stuff but if you think twice, it doesnt affect you since you have to sign on discord anyways.
P.S : Stop lock threads nigglets, even if someone saying shit, let the others the right to give their points.

IamHodor
Forest Walker

Postby IamHodor » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm

I think that this story gave you guys too much hate, too much stress, too much bothering. I share you this song so you can take a big breath and relax. Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC8CH0Z3L54

wani9311
Armored Tree

Postby wani9311 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:26 am

Some people are conservative and do not accept changes even though it was unavoidable, no one can force people to follow new rules unless they wish to continue play this league. Time will solve anything, some people will leave, and others will keep play accepting new rules.

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:39 am

Don_Killuminati wrote:People crying for nothing and some ppl take advantage of this event to make some unnecessary drama (nore) .
@krayyzie , as far as u make a discord acc, you are auto revouched so this unvouch is kinda useless and would not hurts anyone .
Making a discord acc is quite simple and you dont even have to dl the app. I can understand that this unvouch appears as random tk stuff but if you think twice, it doesnt affect you since you have to sign on discord anyways.
P.S : Stop lock threads nigglets, even if someone saying shit, let the others the right to give their points.

Isnt entirely correct don.
"If you get unvouched and find the desire to play lihl again, then you may re-apply once you have a discord acc."
So his move was to perma unvouch and tell the ones he unvouched to reapply to join lihl once discord was created. So there was no intention to "autorevouch" after discord was created, even tho he made it sound like that afterwards, we would be forced to reapply to join lihl.

2nd fact is still that noone in this case "refused" to get discord. He just never even asked about it, he just decided to make those unvouches without any kind of communication or "refusing" to get discord. Also I´ve never had any problems with Haz before, so if he thinks I would "ignore" him thats just another way of defending his action. There would be no reason what so ever for me to ignore him if he actually spoke to me.

I get the fact that Discord was fully needed since they had different kind of problems with the Battlenet bots, but the fact that he makes a nonsense Permaban as it was from the start, with out any kind of reason or notice before...well played. Also he succeded to lock every thread where people said he made a crapmove. Then he succeded to get some friends to come and defend his action instead of just realising his move was shit. ( For example Arty saying this Permaban for no reason was no powerabuse.)

Its quite obvious Anyone saying anything negative about Haz move will be silenced(lock and move threads, and I guess next move will be forum warning or something), and the ones defending his move and calling the rest of players dramaqueens will be cheered for. When people making big posts and complaints about getting reported for dc its fine, but when people create a thread because of a Permaban for no reason, its called dramaqueen stuff. Obviously the ego is to big to admit when you do something wrong as a mod.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Haz already recognized that the way he handled the situation wasn't the best way and hence revouched you and added a deadline for the transition. Even after he did this some people still made one complaint post after another so it's imo normal to close them as they added nothing useful to the case at that point.

So just get over it, create a discord account and move on.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:51 pm

He has? From what´s been seen all he´s done is locking threads and making people not talk and revouched with the comment there was some miscommunication. Only reason he did that by the looks of it is because of the shitstorm that was about to go of on forum. The only way to go would be to simply man up and admit that it was a pure bullshit move and it was 100% wrong. And if he wouldnt be man enough to admit it here it would be very simple to come discuss it on battlenet or through messages here.

He wrote on single post where he said "I admitted my wrong, it wasn't clear enough that you (brave) "refused" to make a discord account. After all, you simply ignored me multiple times while being clearly active and talking on channel."

So im not sure what he recognized? The only thing he´s saying in that post is still the same thing. From my point of view it sounds like : I wrote something in channel on battlenet. Even if you didnt see it, its simple your fault and you are to blame"

If you want someone something on battlenet ,its extremely simple to whisper them, because like I wrote on last post here, I would have no reason to ignore Haz, never had a problem with him before. So that made his move even more suprised.

After that, Tin posts: "lol well to be fair brave always comes back here every few weeks to whine and bitch about something. Cheaters, toxic players, bad moderators no matter what hes got a chip on his shoulder everytime he shows up. Now this little protest against downloading discord and acting like hes a martyr.

Discord is a great program, people should really take the time to learn to use it and accept that changes must be made in order to keep LIHL alive. As Hazza said if you want to keep LIHL alive you should become a part of the solution instead of the problem."

Once again, as a moderator who did this move, he Thanks Tin for calling me a Drama queen for getting mad about getting a Permaunvouch for no reason. Very good job.
He´s also had like 4 days to explain why he decided to do what he did, or even apologize as its pretty clear what he did was 100% wrong.

So Im still wondering, and if he doesnt feel like answering this in here, he´s very free to come talk on battlenet about it.

1: Why would he pick 2 players out of all the LIHL players that does not have discord, and Permaunvouch them without any notice?
2: If there would be such a move that would come, how come there was no announcement in forum about permaunvouching players before he randomly did it?
3: Why would he believe I would ignore him?
4: Why would he let the people "on his side" blame others for being drama queens, but he locks threads when other people post?
5: Instead of just admitting that he failed big time, and even apologize for doing a PERMAunvouch without any reason, he just revouched and try to quiet everyone without admitting anything? (as written above in this post, he even made 2 more posts in forum after revouch showing he still blames me)
These users thanked the author Krayyzie for the post:
Kreutertee (Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:12 pm)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Regarding fact 1: there were no perma unvouches as you would simply sign-up for it on Discord again (it would be perma if haz denied you that membership though). As I said, there's no review process or any other form of justification for re-joining needed/necessary; it's simply to enforce the transition easier. I apologize if you interpreted that differently.

Regarding fact 2: the refusal came from nore who didnt want to use Discord as a league platform for which he has been relieved of his league duties. Other than that, I havent heard Haz speaking of or anyone refusing it; rather, they just voiced their concerns.

While we can talk all day about whose point of view is correct, it wont bring us anywhere.. It would be better if you focused on Discord, told your fellow league players to sign-up and how to use the new Discord bot. The sooner the transition is done, Management can leave LIHL alone again and we dont have to write essay-long posts on here.

Regarding closing of threads
Diablo_ wrote:it's [...] normal to close them as they added nothing useful to the case at that point.
This.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 pm

Did you read his post and the forum threads before you went in to defend his moves?

This is his whole post. It is still in the open thread.

Postby HazarDous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 pm
I started and will continue unvouching players who refuse to join us on discord.

So far brave and rolders have been unvouched.

If you get unvouched and find the desire to play lihl again, then you may re-apply once you have a discord acc.

I am sorry that you feel like discordbot is less attractive than channel bot, but that is how things are now, and there is nothing ENT can do about it. You either move on to discord, which is a much better communication platform anyway, or you let LIHL die. Make your own decisions.

EDIT: brave and rolders revouched. Deadline for all LIHL players to have a discord account is July the first. I will not be arguing about this anymore, discord account is mandatory to being a part of LIHL.

He clearly says he started and will continue to vouch peiople who refuse to join discord. - I didnt for sure, not sure about Rolders, but Haz never took any discussion or any kind of notice with me before his action.

Only application that I know of in lihl is a vouch request application, and Haz clearly wrote "If you get unvouched and find the desire to play lihl again, then you may re-apply once you have a discord acc.". That is the first message he sent out and it still says the same. There was no message Anywhere untill after he revouched that it would be automatic revouch when you get discord. That Clearly means you need to make a new vouch request in LIHL to come back.

But yes, afterwards he changed it to that.

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Krayyzie wrote:He has? From what´s been seen all he´s done is locking threads and making people not talk and revouched with the comment there was some miscommunication. Only reason he did that by the looks of it is because of the shitstorm that was about to go of on forum. The only way to go would be to simply man up and admit that it was a pure bullshit move and it was 100% wrong. And if he wouldnt be man enough to admit it here it would be very simple to come discuss it on battlenet or through messages here.

He wrote on single post where he said "I admitted my wrong, it wasn't clear enough that you (brave) "refused" to make a discord account. After all, you simply ignored me multiple times while being clearly active and talking on channel."

So im not sure what he recognized? The only thing he´s saying in that post is still the same thing. From my point of view it sounds like : I wrote something in channel on battlenet. Even if you didnt see it, its simple your fault and you are to blame"

If you want someone something on battlenet ,its extremely simple to whisper them, because like I wrote on last post here, I would have no reason to ignore Haz, never had a problem with him before. So that made his move even more suprised.

After that, Tin posts: "lol well to be fair brave always comes back here every few weeks to whine and bitch about something. Cheaters, toxic players, bad moderators no matter what hes got a chip on his shoulder everytime he shows up. Now this little protest against downloading discord and acting like hes a martyr.

Discord is a great program, people should really take the time to learn to use it and accept that changes must be made in order to keep LIHL alive. As Hazza said if you want to keep LIHL alive you should become a part of the solution instead of the problem."

Once again, as a moderator who did this move, he Thanks Tin for calling me a Drama queen for getting mad about getting a Permaunvouch for no reason. Very good job.
He´s also had like 4 days to explain why he decided to do what he did, or even apologize as its pretty clear what he did was 100% wrong.

So Im still wondering, and if he doesnt feel like answering this in here, he´s very free to come talk on battlenet about it.

1: Why would he pick 2 players out of all the LIHL players that does not have discord, and Permaunvouch them without any notice?
2: If there would be such a move that would come, how come there was no announcement in forum about permaunvouching players before he randomly did it?
3: Why would he believe I would ignore him?
4: Why would he let the people "on his side" blame others for being drama queens, but he locks threads when other people post?
5: Instead of just admitting that he failed big time, and even apologize for doing a PERMAunvouch without any reason, he just revouched and try to quiet everyone without admitting anything? (as written above in this post, he even made 2 more posts in forum after revouch showing he still blames me)

Krayyzie wrote:Did you read his post and the forum threads before you went in to defend his moves?

This is his whole post. It is still in the open thread.

Postby HazarDous » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:07 pm
I started and will continue unvouching players who refuse to join us on discord.

So far brave and rolders have been unvouched.

If you get unvouched and find the desire to play lihl again, then you may re-apply once you have a discord acc.

I am sorry that you feel like discordbot is less attractive than channel bot, but that is how things are now, and there is nothing ENT can do about it. You either move on to discord, which is a much better communication platform anyway, or you let LIHL die. Make your own decisions.

EDIT: brave and rolders revouched. Deadline for all LIHL players to have a discord account is July the first. I will not be arguing about this anymore, discord account is mandatory to being a part of LIHL.

He clearly says he started and will continue to vouch peiople who refuse to join discord. - I didnt for sure, not sure about Rolders, but Haz never took any discussion or any kind of notice with me before his action.

Only application that I know of in lihl is a vouch request application, and Haz clearly wrote "If you get unvouched and find the desire to play lihl again, then you may re-apply once you have a discord acc.". That is the first message he sent out and it still says the same. There was no message Anywhere untill after he revouched that it would be automatic revouch when you get discord. That Clearly means you need to make a new vouch request in LIHL to come back.

But yes, afterwards he changed it to that.

1) Did Haza handle the whole situation perfect? No he probably didn't

2) Will any player who was/will be unvouched due to not having Discord have to go through a full re-apllication? No, they will get revouched instantly by just /whispering Haza on discord

3) Did anyone check with Braves feelings, or give him a chance to Veto this whole "Discord ordeal" as he is surely entitled to as such a powerhouse-member of lihl? No and we apologize deeply :)

4) Is it time to stop being butthurt and just get on discord and start playing lihl if you feel like it? Yes this is way overdue

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:40 pm

1: He sure didnt
2: Yes, its been changed to that after, probably because of the drama that turned up in forum. Feel free to say thank you to moderators when you get a perma unvouch without any notice and without any reason
3: I never refused or said anything about I wouldnt get Discord. But then again, you werent the one to get unvouched for no reason and therefor you love the fact that you can make those kinda posts :)
4: Actually not yet, but this post of you is just another proof that its fully allowed to write those downpushing comments as long as you are defending his actions, while the others would be silenced...

*Edit
This is the way you react to a 2 day ban, wonder how you would react to a perma ban...where the moderator also give a fake reason for it.

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=98968&p=391390&hilit=avada#p391390
search.php?keywords=avada&fid%5B0%5D=85

But Im sure you enjoy the fact that you can increase drama further here.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:02 pm

I missed the part where you had to re-apply again to being vouched , sorry.
I do agree that it would have been tk and biased regarding the waste of time and the futility of it.
Its in my opinion the main issue of this unvouch, otherwise , unvouch and insta revouch once you get discord is 'ok' imo .

Krayyzie
Treant

Postby Krayyzie » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Agree fully Don, that and the fact he didnt simple unvouch everyone who didnt have discord. However, if that was what he wrote in this thread at start there wouldnt be any issue.
And the sad part is defending the move and having other mods defend it also(including creating drama on the one being banned, while the one who made the mistake is fully allowed to close threads when its turning against him.) Its just extremely hard to admit it was an insanely biased move.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Well, if you are unvouched, the way to get re-vouched is obviously to apply...

Drop your anger and you'll realize that there is no basis to deny your application once you have discord. You are currently vouched, so you have the skill level to be in lihl. What's missing is your discord account. Once you get it, then you fulfill all criterias to be vouched (obviously without a need to check replays / screenshot / other procedures...

Return to “LIHL Archive”