Moderator: LIHL Staff

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

fuck that signing system

Postby BoretkPanda » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 pm

people signing 20 minutes before game ends

we need sth to change that
These users thanked the author BoretkPanda for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:20 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: fuck that signing system

Postby HazarDous » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:57 am

The solution is to program the bot so that it will not allow a player who is already in a game to sign to a new game. It's out of my control, though. We can only wait after GriefCode, who's a bit busy lately. He might do it this weekend, or in two weeks.

For now, you are allowed to report players who !sign for a game, but don't join it within 5 minutes (they thought it was over, but it did not end).

If you are !signed to a game, you must join it and must not go afk for extensive periods of time.
After a player has been away from the keyboard longer than 5 minutes (use !afk to check), he can be kicked without question.

That should calm down those who abuse a lot and sign before the expected sending level even begins.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:37 am

Reporting players for not showing up within 5 minutes seems excessive. I understand if its host who doesn't show up since you are unable to swap in another player. But if it isn't host, then just swap in a player, no problem. And if you don't have a player to swap in, well, the game wasn't going to start in the first place. Having the afk'er wait 30-40 minuts for the next game is a punishment in and of itself

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:01 am

Sounds like you're #1 abuser.

Why excessive? It's fucking disrespectful to make people wait an extensive amount of time. It's a rule against dodging in case you don't like the players signing after you. And it's also a protection to secure a player's seat. If a player didn't play before an he wants to play the next game, he signs. But he doesn't have to stick around every second to not get sniped for the upcoming game, cause he can't know exactly when the previous game will end, since he ain't in-game.
And if still someone signed and not showing up, you can swap someone in at the other players discretion.

But if you're signed, you show up and play. Easy as that. It has a lot to do with commitment and integrity, so I understand how some might struggle with rules like that.

So calling that very useful rule excessive just shows how little you respect your peers and how small-minded you are regarding fair play and the LIHL rule set.
These users thanked the author Kreutertee for the post (total 3):
BoretkPanda (Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:19 am) • Jamo (Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 am) • KiwiLeKiller (Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:30 am)

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:30 am

Please marry me Kreut <3

I remember once I signed for a game. 7 person signed too. I joined the game and found out that they were still in-game and survived. I unhosted the game. Few minutes later, 7 persons sign again. I joined the game and guess what? They were still in-game and survived.

So yeah, it is super disrespectful and very annoying. What is even more annoying is that me, as a king controller, is always sniped when it comes to signing for next game.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 am

Blows my mind how people cant see that its abusive behaviour. Just imagine you ride a rollercoaster, jump out seconds before it ends and jump in the next one waiting :D

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 pm

It's basically the same as if someone left early to sign for next game when we had the channel bots... Pure TK.
- Beastman (2017)

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Please just make it straight up... a rule prohibiting signing when in-game, cuz little child still do it and it annoys the fuck out of everyone.

This is an in-house league, ppl should be respectful, but clearly it's not the case. Consequences should be applied if they get caught.

Spoiler!
nico.png
nico.png (228.46 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Last edited by HazarDous on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added spoiler to make it easier to read.
- Beastman (2017)

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm

You make me wait 5 minutes so now i unvouch u for 3 days. ''Disrespecting lihl'' comming from guy who talks shit about lihl and how 1200+ is better. How about defending the rule on its merits instead of ad hominem attacks, and bringing in things that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RULE. Why do you even care you play like 1 game a month anyways.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Yeah i'm a little child unlike mods who lie about rules.

edit: Kiwi lied about rules in the screenshot he just posted. Nice self tk.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:29 pm

I see a lot of tears here and no solutions apart from hazardous ...

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Well, you're both right kiwi and nico. While it is not illegal to sign while being in-game as per current rules, it is nonetheless immoral. At the moment, it is free-for-all. First player who signs gets to play, but this is a league and thus, minimal mutual respect is expected. Whether there is a rule about it or not, you should not sign for the next game unless you can assess the king is going to die. Otherwise, the risk you sign and the game goes on increases a lot, causing drama in the league.

As for a rule specifically preventing users from signing while they are still in-game, I am against it for two reasons.

1) Very hard to enforce. With channel bots, you could check if someone left early in order to enforce the "leave early/snipe" rule. With discord bot, you can't really judge if one signed as the king was dead or not. Since it is free-for-all, the line will be extremely tight and impossible to enforce.

2) A fix should be coming soon. Just need to be patient.

In the mean time, just report those who abuse AND are unfortunate, meaning the game goes on and they don't show up for the game they signed for. I can assure you they will wait to be sure that the king dies before signing for future game.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:35 pm

Archiving, we will need to wait for technical fixing with no ETA.

Return to “LIHL Archive”