Inactivity

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Anda
LIHL Staff

Inactivity

Postby Anda » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:59 am

Im taking a break from lihl, dont hit me up with anything mod related for the foreseeable future, msg the remaining mods.

Krocis
Treant

Re: Inactivity

Postby Krocis » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:11 am

So sorry to hear dat man, take care and gl in real life.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:27 am

Ye thx for ur work for the community! Top tier mod for sure

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 am

To be lihl mod you need the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post:
nicolai123 (Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 am)

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:33 am

TinSoldier wrote:To be lihl mod you need the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

deep

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:16 am

Enjoy your time off mate you more than deserve it. Pls come back to us tho! :D

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:26 am

man anda i rspect you but lihl forum is inactive for the most part, and as soon as some reports come out you decide tk and go away. its simple man just take decision and unvouch/dismiss reports where it is needed. no one will take it personally against you. no need to decide you are taking a break . Look at crey for example he is doing a good jobrecently .. you need certian level of hard skin as lihl mod and I dthink you are a bit soft inside. Just unvouch me if you think i ghosted, unvouch wani or warn him if you think he broke rule.. Really simple and no one will take iot personally against u bro.. cmon just nn create drama by dodging resposbibility that you applied for.

love u bro tc
These users thanked the author MudMan for the post:
Diablo_ (Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 pm)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 am

Take care and have fun, no one should deal with this crap daily, especially considering that for quite a while you have been carrying most of the moderating in lihl. Crey is doing his job fine, but other 2 mods should pick up on some of the work for sure.

inQ
Forest Walker

Postby inQ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 am

Anda! We will miss you! Get your mind off things for a bit and come back when you're ready. Much respect to you and Crey for doing an amazing job despite the negative environment. Hope we will stop tking our mods and start appreciating what we have.

I think most LIHLers know deep down in their hearts that they will miss this community when it's gone. Just like a family we fight and argue but when it's all said and done I know we will miss these times. But at this pace we are killing ourselves from the inside out. Hope we can start taking a different approach to the community. Less ego driven fits of rage and more understanding of each other.

See you soon bro.

P.s. I think it's time for some thick skinned LIHLers to shoulder some of the burden and apply as mods.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:26 am

what inq said, i sign it

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:16 pm

First of all, thx for some the nice words and apologies for my behaviour yesterday. I admit i was tilted, and i said some things in staff, personal msges and discord chat that a moderator should not. Im a strong supporter of leading by example, and yesterday i didnt do that myself.

Im not running away from the responsibility though mud, truth is i had to swallow quite the devastating low-blows from life in the last half year and i am the kind of person that gets into working a lot to ease it. Problem is though, that for the last weeks/months i felt very frustrated by community, general moderations activity and therefore moderating here started to not be a positive thing for me, but a negative.
I know i dont have the hardest skin and sometimes personal flames get to me more then they should, but this rly isnt the issue here.
Thats the real reason i need a timeoff, i need to focus on positive things in my personal spare time,so this isnt a big middlefinger in everyones face here, but a step for my own health.
Dont read this as a complaint to about moderators, everybody has situations in real life that allow you not the spare time to put the hours in here or doesnt allow your mind to do it. I fully understand that and since its a personal choice for everybody to take playtime away n moderate, im thankfull for everybody who worked with me over the last year.
I hope we will get more activity in moderation and hopefully some new moderators aswell now that we are 2 people short for the time being. Lihl needs active moderation, but at this point in time i am simply not the right person to do it.

When im rdy again, ill see how the state of community and moderation is and if theres still passion from my side left and if my input is even needed in staff.
Gl to all of you, be kind to one another and try to accept peoples flaws and dont spend 2 much time on the negative sites of lihl community.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Sad @Snowblind ! Honestly, you have been of the moderators I really enjoyed working with (and seeing moderating after). I really like that you are a truly honest person, your decisions are always well-considered and you always listen to people when they have a different opinion. This is a pretty rare quality and I hope that the times people take advantage of it, or are not as sincere as you, don't make you more cynical.

But yeah, it is something we all know is going to happen at some point. I mean, it's just not fun being a moderator in LIHL. I can only have deep appreciation for anyone willing to do it.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask the remaining moderators to start a new "purge", but this time not for skill, but for attitude. This league could really use clean-up in that department. It will make the playing experience for other players more fun, as well as the task of being a moderator. I can help you with names if you want to :D
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:20 pm

Things I said in the past that are still accurate;

The only minor downside I see forming amongst LIHL moderation is, should Crey be accepted, us having four moderators of which none is really that active.

What this sub-forum section is experiencing at the moment is the combination of impatient, insecure & foolish individuals coming together wreaking havoc all over - projecting their own weaknesses onto others they dislike or consider inadequate. However all of this can and will be temporary if dealt accordingly (e.g. swift gestures of authority to put an end to all of what's going on). The players have had too much say in how the League deals with its internal matters, which has (evidently) proven to be unsuccessful. Moderation exists for incidents such as what's currently going on - be above the people involved and resolve the matters at hand.

I often facepalm when I view a new post on this forum and regardless of the topic there's always multiple replies from people who are neither the original poster nor the violator. For instance I would recommend members to refrain from posting in every thread they feel the need to get involved with. While one may have good intentions it's absolutely unnecessary to increase the amount of data a mod has to read before completing said topic.

People complain a lot about teamkilling and often the method used is to publicly blame the alleged player during + after the game and even threaten to report the incident - this is absolutely not how you deal with the issue at hand. If player A thinks he knows better than player B he should explain it in detail while player B should have the decency of being able to consider that he might be wrong. Ask yourself three questions at the start of every round; "When? Why? How?" and answer them in chat and you're already discussing the game with your team. Blaming someone is a very poor method of influencing their performance. We've all been there blaming someone or something but the key is to being able to forgive, be forgiven and forget about it.
These users thanked the author TeachRolls for the post (total 3):
Krocis (Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:59 pm) • 7years (Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:57 pm) • dweiler (Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:22 pm)
TeachRolls

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Hey Anda,

Thanks for all your hard work in the past here! You are great! Don't let shit that happens here and negativity drag you down (even more)! So take your time and be back as the best Anda there is, how ever long that may take! You can do it :)

Wish you all the best for your rl and health bro!

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm

TeachRolls wrote:Things I said in the past that are still accurate;

The only minor downside I see forming amongst LIHL moderation is, should Crey be accepted, us having four moderators of which none is really that active.

What this sub-forum section is experiencing at the moment is the combination of impatient, insecure & foolish individuals coming together wreaking havoc all over - projecting their own weaknesses onto others they dislike or consider inadequate. However all of this can and will be temporary if dealt accordingly (e.g. swift gestures of authority to put an end to all of what's going on). The players have had too much say in how the League deals with its internal matters, which has (evidently) proven to be unsuccessful. Moderation exists for incidents such as what's currently going on - be above the people involved and resolve the matters at hand.

I often facepalm when I view a new post on this forum and regardless of the topic there's always multiple replies from people who are neither the original poster nor the violator. For instance I would recommend members to refrain from posting in every thread they feel the need to get involved with. While one may have good intentions it's absolutely unnecessary to increase the amount of data a mod has to read before completing said topic.

People complain a lot about teamkilling and often the method used is to publicly blame the alleged player during + after the game and even threaten to report the incident - this is absolutely not how you deal with the issue at hand. If player A thinks he knows better than player B he should explain it in detail while player B should have the decency of being able to consider that he might be wrong. Ask yourself three questions at the start of every round; "When? Why? How?" and answer them in chat and you're already discussing the game with your team. Blaming someone is a very poor method of influencing their performance. We've all been there blaming someone or something but the key is to being able to forgive, be forgiven and forget about it.

Teach the mod. I !support

Return to “LIHL Archive”