7yeahs@east

Moderator: LIHL Staff

7years
Forest Walker

7yeahs@east

Postby 7years » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:04 pm

Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have:
None regarding LTD. I used to play wc3 1v1/2v2 in teamleagues for about six years though.

Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as:
7years

What is your Discord account?
7years#5052

If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with:
I'm sure some have seen me around in 1200+ games, but I'm not closely acquinted to many. I've played a few games with Kiwi and Wolke lately and talked to them about LIHL, so they might know me.

Do you have Gproxy installed?
Yes

Attach at least three LTD Mega 3.42 1200+ game replays (one as yolo, other as a holder) that represent your skill (do not provide replays where you go cross-build, double-build or aura swap as these tactics are not allowed in LIHL):
See attachments. Please feel free to ask for more replays if you believe that they aren't meaningful enough.
EDIT: I added tot yolo replay since i think it shows more than just pure wolvs or aqua. Be warned though: I screwed up king control that tot game. I know I'm bad at king, but I'm trying to improve by tk as much as possible with king in 1200+ games :)

Take a random wc3 screenshot, attach it, and private message it to recipient “LIHL Moderators” (LIHL Guide -> SS-Test):
See attachment.

Any additional information that you would like to provide:

Maybe a few words about myself and my motivation are appropriate here. So why do I want to become part of LIHL? Well, I enjoy LTD most when I'm:

a) playing with decent teammates, from whom I can still learn something and
b) when I'm playing against strong opponents that provide a nice challenge.

LIHL offers both, which is why I'd love to get the chance to compete in it.

I'm sure I'm not quite 100% there yet in terms of LIHL skill/gameplay, nevertheless I feel like I have enough experience and knowledge of the game to be able to adapt quickly to that LIHL gameplay. I'm also very eager to improve myself and become a better player and I believe there is no better school for that than LIHL.

Also, if I dont get vouched right away, I fully understand. However, I would still greatly appreciate any advice on how to improve as a player and on what I could do to maybe get there in the future.

Thanks in advance for your consideration. I'm looking forward to receiving your feedback!
Attachments
7years_yolotot.w3g
(545.87 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
7years_yoloaqua.w3g
(656.6 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
7years_Screenshot.jpg
7years_Screenshot.jpg (501.36 KiB) Viewed 3423 times
7years_random.w3g
(665.07 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
7years_holder.w3g
(1011.75 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Last edited by 7years on Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beastman
Treant

Re: 7yeahs@east

Postby Beastman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:07 am

today I learned Verbundete means allies.

Cool

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 am

another german dude for lihl
i dont know him
but heil hitler i support

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Could a mod look into this asap please?

If the League expects its applicants to hold LIHL in high regard and respect - we should treat them with equivalent attention.

Mutual respect goes a long way
These users thanked the author TeachRolls for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:56 pm)
TeachRolls

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:09 pm

I reviewed 2 of your games, here are my thoughts.

Blaster holder
7years_holder.w3g
(1011.75 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Enemy sends on level 2, you hold it and you go 3/0, sitting on 119 gold. Then, on level 3, you push 4/0 :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: . You missed a lot of lumber time. Enemy sends on 5, fucking you quite good. You still decide to push and go for a magna on 7 instead of a blaster. It was a viable option since your team had another blaster. You still hold 7 vs their furb send. Good push after 7.

In this game, you seemed quite unsure about when to push, about the gold you get from levels, and that scares me a little.

LoD
7years_random.w3g
(665.07 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Your team being weak on lvl 5, you ob for it. With 1 hades and 1 nightmare (2/0) you would have done good if they sent, but they didn't. They went straight 7, vs your immo. You didn't push full at this moment, you stayed 4/1 and built for 7. I don't know what you had in your roll, but I'm not sure adding LoD was the best thing to do, but you still did surprisingly good and leaked only the sends on 7. At this point, you push 7/3 and manage to get 2 hades, 1 orc warlock and 1 nm for level 10. Enemy skips 10 and you foresee them sending 12. You stay low and yo go blasters.

All in all, you played this game quite good.

=======================================================================================

I am not quite sure if you are ready for LIHL or not. You seem to have good knowledge about the game and the towers. You have a good attitude and you seem to pay attention to the game as well. However, you did some major mistakes about very basic stuff.

Since I tend more towards the !nosupport, this will be my final decision. However, you are clearly on the right track and you aren't far from the LIHL-level. So I will give you 2 tips which I once gave to *cough* @iamyoursenpai *cough* :
KiwiLeOldSage wrote:
  1. Always do your maths. This will allow your to optimize your push and make sure you get enough gold for your build.
  2. Always have a plan B in case you fail to achieve your plan A.

I wish I will see you re-apply again soon, and I see you on ENT31 until then :)
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
7years (Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:27 am)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:41 am

i have just 1 tipp for you
never listen to a volleyballkid
*cough cough coughcough cough cough coughcoughcough cough coughcough*
These users thanked the author iamyoursenpai for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 am)

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:01 am

Thanks for the detailed feedback Kiwi :)

As for the holder game: you are totally right. Oh man I feel so stupid right now, since the reason I uploaded that game was to show that I do know when to push and when to stay :D :(

Let me explain my thoughtprocess though: imo decision to push and 2 blaster + 1 magna was good and better than standard 3 blaster. Also I built whisp @ 6 since I knew with some feed I could've gotten magna +1 whisp - then I decided to cancel whisp last second since I realized I didn't get enough kills from the leaks to be able to build magna. Did the math there at least...

But oh man, that late push on 4... I truly didn't notice that mistake when I was watching the replay before uploading it. I honestly believe that I simply forgot to push or was distracted, since I do know the gold each levels gives and there is absolutely no reason to push during 4 when I could have done the same thing 1 minute earlier. Nevertheless, this is a mistake that just can't happen, especially not when you're applying for LIHL :D

So no hard feelings, I completely understand your decision.

I will reapply in 3 weeks and hope to improve in the meantime by playing with you on 31 ;)

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 am

Thanks for the detailed feedback Kiwi :)

As for the holder game: you are totally right. Oh man I feel so stupid right now, since the reason I uploaded that game was to show that I do know when to push and when to stay :D :(

Let me explain my thoughtprocess though: imo decision to push and 2 blaster + 1 magna was good and better than standard 3 blaster. Also I built whisp @ 6 since I knew with some feed I could've gotten magna +1 whisp - then I decided to cancel whisp last second since I realized I didn't get enough kills from the leaks to be able to build magna. Did the math there at least...

But oh man, that late push on 4... I truly didn't notice that mistake when I was watching the replay before uploading it. I honestly believe that I simply forgot to push or was distracted, since I do know the gold each levels gives and there is absolutely no reason to push during 4 when I could have done the same thing 1 minute earlier. Nevertheless, this is a mistake that just can't happen, especially not when you're applying for LIHL :D

So no hard feelings, I completely understand your decision.

I will reapply in 3 weeks and hope to improve in the meantime by playing with you on 31 ;)
These users thanked the author 7years for the post:
KiwiLeKiller (Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:34 am)

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am

@7years relax man, Kiwi is not a LIHL staff, you're still in it ^^
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am

@n1ll3 vouch den bruder mal, der ist süß

Wolke
Forest Walker

Postby Wolke » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:26 pm

played a few #1200 with him and discussed them afterwards. He pushed at the right moment and was able to help to explain why he did what. Small mistake have been made, but nothing i don´t see in lihl these days. #support
These users thanked the author Wolke for the post:
7years (Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:47 am)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Ill review this tomorrow probly

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Well @7years i reviewed ur replays.

Appart the mistake kiwi commented on the blaster replay u did a very solid game on lod and tot replays.

I already commented you on discord that lod game was pure tk game and u did great under the circubstances.

Also into the tot replay (not a yolo replay its another holder one) u did great with ur towers and tried carry ur team. Sadly u played vs 3 lihl ppl and they rekt u but was a solid game still.

Appart all this i have personally played with u on 1200 bot and think ur solid enought to get a trial for lihl.

I vouched u as 7years@useast please come discord to sign

Congratulations on being accepted for trial into the Legion TD Mega In-house League! Fun opportunities and challenging higher quality games are awaiting just for you!
    Here are a few things you need to make sure you do: As a new member to the LIHL community, you will be placed on a trial status for approximately 3 weeks. As a trial member you will be given the same rights and privileges as any other member of the LIHL. However, as a trial member, your performance and attitude will be monitored closely by the Moderators. We understand that it may take some time to adjust to LIHL game plays, but we expect that you will learn and adjust quickly.
      Moderators reserve the right to revoke your vouch status at any time during your trial period without notice due to poor performance or attitude. If you do pass the trial period and become fully vouched, we expect you to maintain high levels of performance and a good attitude - an expectation for all of our members. There are extensive unvouch and ban protocols in place to ensure compliance.
        LIHL appreciates your interest and is delighted to welcome you. Happy Gaming! :)
        These users thanked the author FadingSuns for the post:
        7years (Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm)

7years
        Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:53 pm

That's awesome! Thank you so much ace :)

I'm pretty busy at work these days, but I'll be able to play a few lihl games this weekend for sure - can't wait!

I'll see you all then :)

Meshtar
        Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Well since he has been a trial for a while now I wanna give some input.
        Nice guy, no drama whatsoever, solid builds in general and very much of a team player. He will always do what team requires of him. A bit more activity during trial wouldn't hurt him though, but I think hes a keeper ;)
        These users thanked the author Meshtar for the post:
        7years (Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:18 pm)

Return to “Accepted”