Bezdak

Moderator: LIHL Staff

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Bezdak

Postby bezdak » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Previous league or in-house experience: Watching LF's videos at first, later observing. When LIHL is dead or the game is going on and I don't feel like playing, I dl random LIHL replays and review them from a specific player's perspecive.
List of aliases: Bezdak (or 3-color spoof Bez)
Discord account: Bezdak
List of LIHL players who might know me: I'm pretty sure a majority of LIHLers know me or recognize the name at least. My buddies I frequently play with are LF, Broud, Nico, Frodo, md (BigM).
Gproxy: Yes
Game replays:
Spoiler!
Spawn + inf yolo into revs.w3g
(385.2 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Cyborg + griz yolo.w3g
(363.47 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Blaster + adept hold.w3g
(437.28 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Aqua yolo.w3g
(410.04 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Skele + os yolo.w3g
(421.78 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
^ I am aware of a super late push during lvl 9 here caused by the greed for income... :(
Wolve yolo.w3g
(504.55 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

SS-Test: Done.
Additional info: I might've TKed some of the 1200+ games, since when I see someone trying new stuff, I tend to watch his lane all the time and pay less attention... This won't be the case in LIHL ^^ Replays I'm attaching are the ones I was actually fully focused on the game and doing math and future plans in. Not every 1200+ game of mine is played like that :) Sometimes I feel like calling, sometimes not at all and I just quietly follow. Also I've been picking up king ctrl lately, nothing spectacular but I'm getting better ^^
Last edited by bezdak on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Anda
LIHL Staff

Re: Bezdak

Postby Anda » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Just played some games with him over the last weeks, he did alright. Also he had a nice attitude and seemed friendly. ill
!support
you and gl
Anda
These users thanked the author Anda for the post:
bezdak (Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:07 pm)

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:20 pm

good attitude and good communication, ready for trial imo

!support
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post:
bezdak (Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:00 am)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:15 am

Wolve yolo:

Good until 5. I usually have more luck when I up wolve on the wall or second next to wall. You leaked a lot this time, but wolves unreliable so meh. Whatever you like best. Not sure why you stayed 7/2 during level 6. Perhaps to hold 8? Also unreliable, probably best to just push and get income. Also perhaps your team sucked 8.. 7/3 with 6 wolves 10. Lucky crits, kill 4-5 boss. Not many options 10+, 13 was okay option, died 16 tho, not much you could do.

Decent game.

Random replay: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 720280.w3g

Blaster holder. They send 1, you leak a bit. Add overseer for 2. Don't do maths for 3, arrive at 179 gold. That's rly bad. Add phantom instead, looks good replacement. On 5, you get immol. Add alchemist, but why didn't you push during 5? You already hold 6, and only need 2 blaster to clear 7, which you can up with level 6's gold. Anyway, you end up doing well, although 1400 value with a lot of feed. You still end up weak mid + use heal on 7 with immol, making your 2/0 useless.. I'll stop there, bad replay with few mistakes / bad decisions imo. Btw, always do maths.

Random replay: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 717412.w3g

Level 1, you have harlot and hydra. Turret (5-8), Spawn (2-3-7), lod on your team. Pretty much all dangerous levels are covered for <10. If you have to choose between 2 holders/shit pushers, you should pick the one who's better 10+ in my opinion. In that case, hydra. Worst case, you need to hold 7 hard, add some harlots. Generally, you can easily mid with hydra too, tho. You get immol, they send 5, you hold and push 4/1. Still do 6 harlot for 7 + ranger. Again, 5 harlot more than enuff to clear 7 as they were never going to send into immol. And if you still decide to build, please get something that'll allow you to hold 8, too? Couldn't see rest of your build so I won't judge on that.

During 7, you push from 4/1 to 7/1, then add wyvern. So you have wyvern + meliai and you build harlots for 7 when they're obviously not going to send..? Also, if you're going to push, why not do it before level 7 rather than after it? You end up luck and leak only a little (5) on 8. Nonetheless, between harlot and wyv, you always need to go wyv, be it for 8, 10, or 10+. You obviously rape 10. Will stop there, that's a bad replay for me.

You seem to have issues with holder role and when to push / when not, as well as difficulty thinking further up in the game than 1-2 level ahead.

Anyway, wanted to see the holder replay you provided: Blaster + adept hold.w3g

They go 2 and you get a lot of feed (25+). However, they scout blaster+priso, means you should worry about 5, given you also have wolves + turr (they did not scout). If you want to 5/0, you need to communicate with blue so that he covers 5. You are also solo holder in team, imo 5/0 is too much, depending on what you had, though.. They have 2 holders, you decide to king with stomp, good choice imo. Still 3 blaster with good focus and go mid. Your wolve is 7/4, other 10 holder is turret (meh), good that you stay and 4 blaster for 10. Still ended up with 100 income and 2k value at arena thanks to feed level 2. 3.8 on 15 with adepts... You went the hard way imo. They should never have sent into fat turret + cyborg, wolves, and fat blaster on 14. With -1 heal with no possibility to hard enough mid on 15, you should always push hard (everyone), and either 14 or clog 15.

Anyway, decent replay. While I would normally not approve such an application, I look at your attitude and how dedicated you are (observing games, watching replays, etc), and I can only see you learning very quickly in lihl environment. Your yolo seems to be on point, but your holder + general game awareness needs some work. Read over what I said on the 2 random replays, and remember to always do your maths.

Approved for trial @bezdak

Congratulations on being accepted for trial into the Legion TD Mega In-house League! Fun opportunities and challenging higher quality games are awaiting just for you!
    Here are a few things you need to make sure you do: As a new member to the LIHL community, you will be placed on a trial status for approximately 3 weeks. As a trial member you will be given the same rights and privileges as any other member of the LIHL. However, as a trial member, your performance and attitude will be monitored closely by the Moderators. We understand that it may take some time to adjust to LIHL game plays, but we expect that you will learn and adjust quickly.
      Moderators reserve the right to revoke your vouch status at any time during your trial period without notice due to poor performance or attitude. If you do pass the trial period and become fully vouched, we expect you to maintain high levels of performance and a good attitude - an expectation for all of our members. There are extensive unvouch and ban protocols in place to ensure compliance.
        LIHL appreciates your interest and is delighted to welcome you. Happy Gaming! :)

bezdak
        Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Thanks for reviews, but I gotta comment on some things you said here.
        HazarDous wrote:I usually have more luck when I up wolve on the wall or second next to wall.

Me too, this was pure experiment. Wanted to try all the possible positions recently to see what's better. this fourth came out as the worst, since wolve wasn't tanking at all.
        Overall I like to ob with wolves since they have a chance to hold 8 with even only 4 of them. I know I shouldn't, I watched LIHLers building wolves several times and everybody pushed, I just hate to end up on 5 wolves 10 and I love this unit too much to suicide it if risking too much. (Ye I'm totally biased with wolves :D)

HazarDous wrote:Btw, always do maths.

As I said, sometimes I simply don't feel like tryharding or thinking about the game, just play stuff in 1200+. In these cases I'm simply too lazy to count. Will not happen in LIHL. This blaster game was such case, I didn't do math the whole game nor any plans, I was just building stuff for gold I currently had, pretty much. Was like the worst game you could've chosen to review, since this doesn't reflect my normal play.

The harlot game - noted, will watch it and try to learn more from it.

HazarDous wrote:imo 5/0 is too much, depending on what you had, though.

I had 0 useful towers besides blaster, rest pure shit. That's why 5/0, I even said I go 3 blasters 7 only so my team wouldn't count on me as a reliable holder. I still went for 2 blaster 5 since I was aware of a 5 possibility, but there was nothing more I could've added, but wasn't worried since we had a turret (didn't watch him whether he obs or not, though). After dropping 5 of them i rr'd and best I've got was proton, which is really an underestimated unit. With such tanks as blasters, it really rapes :)
        HazarDous wrote:you should always push hard (everyone), and either 14 or clog 15.

Clog doesn't work on 1200+ with randoms. I've tried it several times to call, got refused almost every time or people were simply scared to push - I've pretty much resigned on calling it. I was the only potential 15 holder here so I stayed, my team for some weird reason all stayed 7/5 (???) and I realized it too late to tell them to push. Nothing more I could've done there.

Thanks for good reviews, will try my best during my trial.
        Last edited by bezdak on Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoretkPanda
        Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:16 pm

gz!
        These users thanked the author BoretkPanda for the post:
        bezdak (Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:22 pm)

Meshtar
        Treant

Postby Meshtar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:57 pm

Played only few games with him in lihl, seems our gaming times are different, but in those few games I saw him to be very cooperative, team oriented, taking advice and what I liked the most is the fact that he doesn't blindly accept advice but says something like "Ok ill build like that, but explain why is that better". That means he needs to make sense of builds and play and wants to understand game better. Think he deserves to be moved into accepted forum ;)

bezdak
        Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks Mesh :) It might not even be cos of different play times, my free time just ridiculously shrank the last month or so, therefore I play much less than I used to.

HazarDous
        Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:16 am

Sorry, late.

Consensus amongst mods was that you might still not have the skill level yet, but your attitude and communication is making up for it. Keep listening to [wise] advises and you will get there.

Approved.
        These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post:
        bezdak (Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:12 am)

Return to “Accepted”