Halp@Useast

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Kreutertee
Treant

Re: Halp@Useast

Postby Kreutertee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Did you know king skill in level 1? No.
Did you know they straight 7? No.
Was you saving lumber the only right thing to do at that point? Probably, but not like you set out a lot of options here.

1700 value in 15, with 7/6 and tok and killing like 5 units. I don't see how that's any good. No matter how you twist and turn that.

Starting skele/egg over ygg is just no bueno.

But let's play some possibilities:
a) They send warr vs ygg. You mostly hold, can 2/0 or 3/0, free hold till 5. You can tok then and yolo more if you want yolo. Good push. No dead.
b) They send 2. You have ygg, egg, skeleton or ygg/mage or ygg/firearcher. No problem. No dead.
c) They send 3. You add w/e for about 500ish value with 2/0, ez life. No dead.
d) you start skele / egg, 7/6 in 15, 1700 value. Dead.

Option a) - c) gives you the choice, to choose when to send. Even tho you sent 5k in 15, they had 1 pro mid, but you were auto-committed to send 15, since leaks 11-14.

Pick wisely
Last edited by Kreutertee on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:32 pm

I really shouldn't have to get into what's the better choice between ygg and skeletor...

@Wolke @Kreutertee If you give input on one's vouch request based off one game, please provide replay to said game.

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:33 pm

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9953545

@hazardous

That being the chatlog after in next game.

[Kreutertee]: i mean, all units of the others aside, but you ended up 7/6, 1700 value in 15, cant see how that's good in any way
[Halp]: cus i sent 5k lumber
[Halp]: i went lumber bank at 8
[Halp]: which is why i was tk lte game
[Kreutertee]: yes
[Kreutertee]: and u fail to take heals on 10
[Kreutertee]: you fail to clear 15
[Kreutertee]: and you auto force 15
[Halp]: obviosuly
[Halp]: i dont clear 15
[Halp]: seriosly?
[Halp]: how u expect me to clear
[Halp]: w/o sending
[Halp]: and going push
[Kreutertee]: with 4 tok?
[Halp]: sigh
[Halp]: really
[Halp]: i sent 5k lumber
[Halp]: if i play tok
[Halp]: ygg*
[Halp]: i send2600
[Halp]: and we still lose
[Kreutertee]: if you play 4ygg you might not need send 15
[Halp]: :D?
[Kreutertee]: or you can just full 10 and take a heal there
[Halp]: they did full?
[Kreutertee]: so many options rly
[Halp]: and again
[Halp]: if i ygg
[Halp]: i dont send aloton 10
[Kreutertee]: but going suicider over ygg, i dont see how that would benefit you
[Halp]: i dont get the lumber i get w/ bw
[Halp]: it wasnt planned suicide
[Halp]: ?
[Halp]: on lvl 8
[Kreutertee]: and in the end, you lost, so as far as that goes, it couldn't benefit you
[Halp]: i suggested lumber bank
[Kreutertee]: but you know you had ygg from start?
[Halp]: which is why i pushed
[Halp]: yes
[Kreutertee]: how is ygg/skeletor a good mix?
[Halp]: and as i mentioned in lihl chat
[Halp]: i said t 36s
[Halp]: i would go bw
[Halp]: no1 saidanyting
[Halp]: until 1 minute later
[Halp]: if i dont go lumber bank
[Kreutertee]: coz they not your babysitters?
[Halp]: i can easy 3 tok
[Halp]: ?
[Halp]: seriously
[Kreutertee]: yes
[Halp]: ur annoying atm
[Kreutertee]: i mean the casual tk, whatever. that happens. but skele over ygg rly doesn't go into my head
[Halp]: thats fine
[Halp]: i can play skele well
[Halp]: better than most
[Halp]: which is why i play it

[Kreutertee]: lel
[Halp]: ud ont have to like it
[Kreutertee]: that's the first thing we agree on
[Kreutertee]: :)
[Halp]: cool

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:47 pm

But as it goes for feedback, this is what I've seen in the past. Your attitude, idc really. It's been ok I guess, the bigger issue is your skill, which in my opinion didn't change.

The games I reviewed here, I obsed myself. I didn't search for bad games or chase you in particular.

Around October 4th.

lihl91c
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857135
Level 5: he has mudman, prisoner, phantom, he upgrades mudman for 1 hit int 5 I guess?! Leaking half wave. Since he has no other 1 hit units, adding one is pretty TK in that situation.
So he wanted 1-hit Golem + prisoner + phantom over maverick + mudman + phantom?!
Bad game overall, he dead lane.

lihl64g
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857567
level 3: Doing pure tk mix pyro and tot, leaking half wave to 1 bowman. was already lucky split of the sends for him, since he got no bo or furb.
level 5++: Leaking hard all rounds. Being kinda suicider.
level 9: adding 80g in protons in 9, for 600ish value. Sitting then on 154g, cant push 7/6, goes 7/6 in 10 tho. Sells the protons again.

lihl33f
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857635
lod/ea, he starts lod, probably (potential) holder. But he already 4/1 in 5, so no real holder imo. Well, they get immo. Then goes 7/1, 1 lod 3 ea, leaks half wave in 7 to medium send. Hades + 2 ea is strong af, what he did is very weak imo. That's the chatlog I had with Tin, who was on Halps team.
03:17 Kreutertee: /w tinsoldier coz hades 2 ea is too strong he goes lod 3 ea? lol
03:17 TinSoldier: pretty hard tk build but w/e
03:18 Kreutertee: /w TinSoldier ofc, hence me pointing it out :D
03:18 TinSoldier: well he work rly hard to improve his attitude lately but his skill should speak for itself lol

lihl86c
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9854105
engi yolo, should be easy enough?!
he eats warr in 1, 6/0 in 2. So far so nice.
Then, well, i'd say no balls for 250 value in 3, so he 300value, less push. Placement was still good. But ok w/e. However in level 4 he pure tk 480 value with very bad placement, leaking 11 units. Even haza asked him about his build and Halps reply to "how did you build" was "regular" o_O Seems no regular to me
level 5, he 15/15 farm, upgrades one more engi for total of 530 value, being stuck with 6/2 and no food for wisp. That's when wolke asked about the tk build.
level 6, well, they sent and he used all his lumber. but sitting on 131g, no build no push, seems just very bad.
level 7, he finally sells 1 small engi (20g) for 1 food so he can eventually do his last wisp. He always had gold for the wisp since level 5.
Pure TK game imo.

lihl16m
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9854190
ea game.
level 2, he leaks only furb in 2 (nice), pushed 5/0, but not doing any math (he had easy lumber for send 3g and leverage his 5/0 push over getting 4/0 2ea). He ends up with 107g
level 3, with 107g cant do 2 archer, so he needs 1 archer and 2x 20g t1. TK mix, leaking 10 units in 3 to no send.
level 4, Pushing 6/0, super risky build, selling already 1x t1 for archer. super close/lucky hold. He even said himself "oh shit it worked"
level 5, he tk math again. Pushed 6/1, ending up with 143g and a T1 to sell for 10g, 2g short. He ends up selling a small archer to upg a 2nd ea for 5.
Honestly, pure tk, 6/1 ea with 550 value, he should be 7/2

lihl11z
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857005
Phantom game.
level 3: so far no send vs them, he 4 phantom. i think tk placement all in a line, but ok.
level 4: adds tot, 630 value. I guess he is scared of level 4 send, but pure tk placement tot, way too close, phantoms tk placement also.
level 5: he upgrades tot, they get immo. Still no send vs them. That's where finally needs INSTA full push, being immo and all.
level 6: he starts 6th and 7th wisp. aborts 7th, sits a while on his gold, starts 7th wisp again.
level 7: 1050 value, 1 tot, 4 phant, 1 hr, PURE tk placement, he basically tanking with his phantoms on 7. Leaking huge ofc. To be fair, was straight 7 send, but even more reason to just not tk semi ob, no hold, no push. 7/1 tot hr, no hold, no push, no gold. And immo.
Team healed 3x with immo on 7 coz no push ...
level 9: coz they fear level 10 gg, all build value, he adds a SG and 2x small archer (was already super easy hold)
level 10: he realizes he's 5g short for a hydra and sells one of the archers from level 9. LOL

Around October, 14th
lihl62v
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9899123
He starts Seagiant, then sells very late. Starts 280 aco/rev mix in level 1. He then sits on 139g in 2, where a send could've been expected, since his whole team killed fast. He leaks some to a send in 2 and eventually adds a Seagiant for level 3. 560 value. 1/0. After send in 2. Huge OB for 3 and 4 with those units.
In level 6 he adds a grizzly (not greymane but grizz without upgrade) with hydra. I don't know, but melee with hydra is just no good. He even said himself he didnt expect a send in 6. But they actually sent and he got a lucky feed.

Anyway, I think he played it poorly that far.

lihl62v
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9899321
He is playing blaster, lucky they got immo.
Complete level 6 he sits on 61g and going 7/1, where he could easy 6/2 and still get a blaster for 7. He ends up in level 7 sitting on 68g, 7/1. Very poor cash management imo.

He also easy loses a heal due to very bad king control. He kills hermits first, then goes wyvern, then goes a bit on furbs, but switches back to wyvern. I don't know. King can be challenging when Demons, kraken and locks come in etc. But it was all cleared out by immo, just a few sends left. Easy to focus, but he pointlessly lost a heal.

In level 9 he sells his meatwagon (completely unforced), to upgrade a 3rd blaster instead of adding another alchemist. Either way was easy hold 9. But then in level 10 he just adds an alchemist anyway, which he could've done in 9 without selling a meat. So he sold 70 value for nothing really.

Again, poorly played imo.

lihl82b
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9899471
He has LOD and aco, but places his aco very far behind lod and leaks level 3 with 400 value (lod/rev) to no send. Then he kinda ob's for 4, not pushing.
He keeps building far apart, splitting himself in 8, 9. Also splitting in 11 again. In 12 he just sells an ogre for no reason and replaces it with an acolyte in the exact same spot. He keeps selling stuff for no reason, reducing his overall value. And his very poor placement does the rest really.

Last game from previous post, October 28th.

Ygg, ends up 7/6, 1700 value in 15.

To sum it up, over the coarse of roughly 1 month I don't see any improvement and your audacity to say "i play better skele than most players in lihl, that's why I didn't go ygg".

That - as far as I am concerned - shows me enough about your skill and your potential to develop.

Peace.
These users thanked the author Kreutertee for the post (total 5):
7years (Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:51 am) • Varg (Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:07 am) • point (Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 am) • Jamo (Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:14 am) • Mind (Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:54 pm)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:23 am

I envy your time and dedication Kreut ;)

I think this kind of input would be great on all trials, not just Halp's. Also would be great if one guy didn't need to do all this himself but more people offering feedback and links to games that are questionable. This doesn't need to be about failing someone's trial but rather about steering them the right way before they tk their trial :)
These users thanked the author Meshtar for the post (total 2):
7years (Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:51 am) • bezdak (Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:54 am)

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:59 am

@kreutertee

no where do i say i play it better than most in lihl, nor is that even remotely close to being implied.
[Halp]: i can play skele well
[Halp]: better than most
[Halp]: which is why i play it

In any of these games do I ask for advice? You fail to mention this in all instances; you also fail to mention the status of my team in some of the games where i ob, or maybe its a good idea to go deadlane in one game, these are things which are important which are not being mentioned. I will mention it though, obviously me defending my actions has hit a nerve with you.

lihl91c
Spoiler!
(06:12 / Allied) Halp: mav 1 hit 5?
(06:19 / Allied) schrumpfi: no
(06:23 / Allied) Halp: so i go golem
(06:27 / Allied) Halp: dope
(06:29 / Allied) schrumpfi: hr much better
(06:35 / Allied) Halp: how
(06:44 / Allied) 1007: they must have trauma 7
(06:44 / Allied) schrumpfi: more dmg
(06:47 / Allied) 1007: or mad and st8 7 again
(06:49 / Allied) Halp: golem better
(06:57 / Allied) schrumpfi: phantom dmg
(07:02 / Allied) schrumpfi: and golem waste dmg
(07:06 / Allied) schrumpfi: with killing
(07:12 / Allied) schrumpfi: -> hr better
(07:18 / Allied) Halp: i disagree
(07:20 / Allied) 1007: is
(07:22 / Allied) 1007: golem 1hit
(07:22 / Allied) Achillesgr: i ehlp with 7
(07:24 / Allied) 1007: vs fur?
(07:25 / Allied) Halp: y
(07:26 / Allied) schrumpfi: y
(07:27 / Allied) Achillesgr: magna and i add god
(07:29 / All) FckCptlsm: ANNOUNCEMENT: Do not leave the game before the King has died to avoid bugged stats.
(07:38 / Allied) Halp: golem has good tanks infront
(07:43 / Allied) Halp: should do well
(07:47 / Allied) Ace_of_Spades: we cud furb 5?
(07:50 / Allied) Halp: go
(07:51 / Allied) Halp: ?
(07:54 / Allied) 1007: go
(07:55 / Allied) 1007: then
(07:56 / Allied) 1007: idm

lihl64g
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857567
Spoiler!
(04:29 / Allied) RAnzkopp: why not 2 pyro
(04:30 / Allied) artmas: 18 yellow
(04:34 / Allied) Halp: i rolled on r1
(04:35 / Allied) Halp: bowman
(04:37 / Allied) RAnzkopp: oh
(12:49 / Allied) inq: welll halp
(12:51 / Allied) inq: suic now
(12:55 / Allied) inq: and let's aim 14
(13:05 / Allied) Halp: it was the plan after 3
(13:07 / Allied) Halp: ;)

Idk why i added proton, mb i wanted to try to get enough to push and i thought adding them would help me kill more

lihl33f
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857635
Spoiler!
(09:45 / Allied) TinSoldier: halp
(09:49 / Allied) Halp: hm
(09:49 / Allied) TinSoldier: smart thing was
(09:54 / Allied) TinSoldier: 6/2
(09:55 / Allied) Halp: 2 lod 2 ea
(09:55 / Allied) TinSoldier: and upea
(09:57 / Allied) TinSoldier: no
(10:00 / Allied) TinSoldier: 6/2 and up 3rd ea
(10:02 / Allied) TinSoldier: so u dont need farm

lihl16m
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9854190
Spoiler!
I was distracted at lvl 2, typing too much. I did ask about my build as I have seen some builds like the one I did hold. As far as lvl 4 is concerned, I built like that many times, it holds and leaks 40/60 respectively. I was expecting leak not hold. I just wanted to clear enough to get my ea. How is 6/1 550 val ea on 5 tk? Yes my math was wrong multiple times in this game, but my push was not tk.

lihl11z
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9857005
Spoiler!
I am not suer what is tk aabout my phantom placement, thats how i have always seen it done. I always see people place magna/tot directly infront of phan so why would i think to place different. And they straight 7 and send huge. We did not heal 3x on 7 cus no push from me, we healed 3x because we also sent lvl 7. We took 4 heals on 7. I added the smalls since i thought i would get enough gold for hydra on 10, not because i thought i wold leak.

(06:48 / Allied) Halp: i can go holder
(06:49 / Allied) Halp: w/ tot
(06:55 / Allied) 1007: you gonna need for 5
(06:57 / Allied) 1007: up tot

lihl62v
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9899123
Spoiler!
This game, after checking my teams builds, 2x 200 aqua, 1x 225 ea, I decided to go ob revs 2 rev+ 4 aco so if they send warr I am big mid, after meshtar pointed out that we are weak lvl 1. And 2 revs is very strong lvl 2 w/ 4 aco to tank. Why is it bad that I decide to go holder for my team w/ hydra rev when we have 3 lanes which are all really good to pushwith. Why should I not try to go holder. As far as 6 goes, they saw ea aqua and hydra last i checked none of those are overly great on lvl 6 so I build a grizly which, paired w/ rev can quickly 1 hit many units and tank for my hydra on the side. Its a good thing i listened to mesh and built it. Granted they ddint send, but my greymane and hydra did very well on lvl 7. I dont understand how this was played poorly. That grizly helped alot on 6,7, and 10. Imo it wasa good add w/ hydra.

(01:08 / Allied) Meshtarius: one of aquas defend lvl 1?
(01:40 / Allied) Halp: better hold vs 1/2
(01:45 / Allied) Halp: -cls
(01:54 / Allied) Halp: ganna sg for 3
(10:28 / Allied) b0retk.Panda: u really think they 6 he
(10:28 / Allied) b0retk.Panda: :D
(10:34 / Allied) Meshtarius: they might
(10:37 / Allied) Halp: idts
(10:39 / Allied) Meshtarius: all weak lanes
(10:41 / Allied) Meshtarius: for 6
(10:50 / Allied) Meshtarius: see
(10:50 / Allied) b0retk.Panda: bam
(10:51 / Allied) Meshtarius: :P
(10:54 / Allied) Halp: he was right

lihl62v(42j)
Spoiler!
How is my king control even relevant here? I grabbed king because no one else wanted it, having great king control is completely alien to the conversation regarding someone being lihl material. I pushed 7/1 so that i wouldn't eat 80 lumber out of our send. Mine being already small, since I started holder path. I had 230 lumber, when 6 started. With my 7/1 I was able to send furb bo herm, with 6/2 I do not think I recover the lumber in time to send that. I did not check the math. Even on my lvl 9 kiwi questioned what else I would do. I dont see how this is poorly played besides you disagree that I should have kept the wagon, which if I did i would not have been able to upgrade my overseer for 10.

(18:40 / Observers) KiwiLeKiller: well
(18:43 / Observers) KiwiLeKiller: what else?

lihl82b
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9899471
Spoiler!
I always build my revs far behind my lod because I dont want them to run up infront of lod on important lvls late game. I got unlucky on lvl 3, i had many 4 hits I usually hold like that. I do not understand how I split on lvl 8, my revs ran up right after my lod was attacked, like they would if it was 1 spot closer. What difference does it make to split lvl 9 w/ what i had I build far bck for 15, as I said before. Splitting on lvl 11, i split 2 aco and ogre in back, is irrelevant as well because it is a no impact wave. I did not split on lvl 10, except for the ogre, and I went mid vs small send tho. I disagree that the placement was poor, as the levels that counted I did not split and did very well. Except lvl 3 where I leaked like 4/5 creeps. We end up losing lvl 17, where I do not split.

lihl71r
Spoiler!
As far as this game is concerned, I thought green was goingblaster, as i did not see his ea. I asked if I could bw and no one said a thing even though wolke did -rolls 6 seconds prior to me asking. I like playing bone warriors as i get a good push and value, when I choose to recover; I can link games which prove such one of which is in my lihl app. The only reason I did not recover is because I asked if I should go lumber bank and was given an kind of agreement response. I ended up sending north of 5k lumber on 15, because of my save. If I sent lvl 10 w/ the team I could have easily gotten 3 toks for 15 without issue. But I felt it better to have a lumberbank and send more than them.

In a closing statement, i would like to say thank you for your detailed feedback. I would have appreciated that you could have guided me, after the games, and explained to me what i did wrong instead of simply compiling a burn book against me. It would have been nice to discuss these games with you so i can better understand what I did wrong, why it was wrong, and how I should have done it so it was better. The ea game above was bad, for not doin the math and the engi game i didnot even bother to look at. But the others, I do disagree with and posted reasons why.

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:30 am

Ok, since you accuse me of creating a burn book, here one last statement from my side.
I didn't start this in order to bring you down. As most of you noticed, I obs'd a lot of games this season, cause mostly I want to see how people play, learn new tricks, learn new stuff I haven't seen, done or thought of myself. That's when I noticed that whatever game I watch, it appeared you don't play a single game without major mistakes. And I can't stress this enough: in my opinion.

Anyway
you also fail to mention the status of my team in some of the games where i ob, or maybe its a good idea to go deadlane in one game, these are things which are important which are not being mentioned

Well, lets have a look.

lihl91c
no need for suicide, and if you add value, make yourself better push/suicide early on, cause you benefit all game from it. But np, that's just one game, arguably bad or no bad.

lihl64g
no need for suicide in level 3. Leaking half wave ain't good for any yolo or suicide.

lihl33f
you were the only potential holder and just dont know how "bad" lod with 3 ea is.

lihl86c
no need to play bad yolo, cripples you and your team. haza and wolke on your team thought the same.

lihl16m
no need for 5/1 ea over 7/1 or 7/2 ea in 5.

lihl11z
no need for 3 heals with immo coz no hold no push.

lihl62v
no need for 1/0 in 3, after send in 2. But I give you that, you were holder, so not too much of an impact.

lihl62v (actually lihl42j, i mislabled in OP)
no need to sell value as holder/strongest lane.

lihl82b
no need to kill youself starting level 3, after send in 2. lod/aco very strong.

Ok, and then the last game with ygg.

Since you "accuse" me of not helping or explaining after
I would have appreciated that you could have guided me, after the games, and explained to me what i did wrong instead of simply compiling a burn book against me

The game before you defend your actions with skeletor over ygg to the blood. When I see ace, wolke and mindmachine super angry and losing in the end in 15, I think it's save to assume your game was TK. But you still defend it as it was the 100% right way to play it. You would never just say "damn, this was just wrong" or "sorry, I really tk'd this".

And lets not forget the discussion we had a while back, when we both obs a game. I've tried a few times talking normally to you and explaining things, but you've shown on different occasions that you're not interested in my opinion. I don't know about other's opinions. But hey, you don't have to be interested in my opinion of course, but then don't complain afterwards.
(Purp was dafuker btw., he usually knows what he's doing)

(23:01 / Observers) Halp: purp has 5 nm
(23:02 / Observers) Halp: ...
(23:10 / Observers) Kreutertee: yes, so?
(23:17 / Observers) Halp: who tf builds 5 nm
(23:23 / Observers) Kreutertee: its not bad
(23:27 / Observers) Halp: well its not good
(23:34 / Observers) Kreutertee: 5 nm can hold 7 with no send
(23:39 / Observers) Kreutertee: can hold 8 vs send
(23:43 / Observers) Kreutertee: with overseer
(23:50 / Observers) Kreutertee: he has tanks for his locks
(24:01 / Observers) Kreutertee: and better than deadlane
(24:03 / Observers) Halp: i still dont like it
(24:10 / Observers) Kreutertee: you dont have to
(24:35 / Observers) Kreutertee: but you might wanna open your eyes and see more than just, ea, aqua, ygg builds (:
(24:37 / Observers) Halp: oh shit
(24:43 / Observers) Halp: ?
(24:49 / Observers) Halp: i play more than that
(24:50 / Observers) Halp: ^^
(24:52 / Observers) Kreutertee: he probably has no better. and it's always better than a 2nd dead lane
(24:58 / Observers) Halp: fair
(25:00 / Observers) Halp: i suppose
(25:15 / Observers) Kreutertee: well u asking "who tf builds 5 nm"
(25:29 / Observers) Halp: ye cus i usually end at 3 and go big push
(25:32 / Observers) Kreutertee: kinda shows your lack of experience with different units
(25:33 / Observers) Halp: and search for adds for 8/9
(25:38 / Observers) Halp: no
(25:43 / Observers) Halp: it showsthat i dont use nm to hold
(26:01 / Observers) Kreutertee: which shows you're not aware of many different builds
(26:05 / Observers) Halp: okay

How can you fill your cup when it is already full?

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Once again, you are blind to the fact that in a couple of these games i asked and FOLLOWED advice I was given by 1007 and Tin. I was told by N1ll3 the first time I was denied to learn when to push and when not to, so if we get immo on 5 and I am 2/0 I am not going to push 7/3 immediately while the other team has not sent yet. Also, some games I reroll and dont have any units with which to build, again you missed this in one game. So to say I shouldnt go deadline is incorrect. I sold more or less 75g worth of stuff in each game okay i should stop selling some things not exactly a big deal as the units have no impact. Also if we win on 7 and lose 3 heals immo what the heck does it matter? It was a team decision to send instead of having upgraded king. I did not come close to killing myself lvl 3 so your incorrect there. I mean seriously? Milling myself lvl 3 i held every important wave up to 17, 7 i leaked to furb her with good push. You didnt exactly explain anything more than you simply said no you are wrong, and when I explained why I did it you did not care to understand. Or even try to see why I played how I did it was just wrong and I can disagree with you. Maybe going ygg was better but it would not have changed game outcome. And as I said to you i could have recovered easy but thouvht it was better to try and go deadline and lumber bank. And yes I have never been told 5 nm is a good idea so why would i think it is. And after I agree with you lol you attack me and simply make a ridiculous statement "many builss" afaik nm is 1 unit. And yea alot of units can solo hold 7 vs no send and 8 vs send lol just because you ob with nm does not mean it is a good idea. It seems that in every instance its your way or the highway you do not care about anything else but your opinion. I just dont get why you chose to make these games appear to be so horrible when many are not. Some are bad, but im trial im not going to be best ltd player in 1 month in lihl. Im in trial to learn how to play in lihl. You think what you want but maybe check my other post more and what i wrote or what i pasted under the games. You should gey a better understanding then

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:13 pm

Im_Halp wrote:And yes I have never been told 5 nm is a good idea so why would i think it is.

Ok, this is what worries me the most. I think most people having problems with you is because of this, you have very little experience and you think that builds you don't know are TK.

For example, when you see someone going 5 nm, you might (I don't know) have flamed that person a little or called it TK, because it's not something usual and that you've never seen it. I remember being in that game where dafuker went 5 nightmares for 8. We knew he had nm and we knew every other units they had. They were very bad 8, so we sent. dafuker went mid with something like 3 or 4 nm, maybe some other units, I don't remember, and ate a lot of creeps mid. It was a genius move because he didn't brainlessly full pushed with nm while his team had a deadlane already and that they were very bad 8.

Or this, for example:

Spoiler!
(02:19 / Allied) Halp: u cant 2/0 w/ knights
(02:21 / Allied) Halp: ...

It's not wrong to go 2/0 with knight.

So, you seem to have a very strong opinion of things that you don't necessarily know yet, and this worries me a lot. I suggest you to adopt an open-mind before it is too late.

###

As for your skills, I think you are skilled enough for LIHL. When I was playing with you, you did fine, listened to advices (maybe a bit too much, I would like if you could take initiatives/decisions on your own) and had a decent view of the game. However, the games I observed when you were playing were quite bad. I remember those 2 games Kreutertee mentioned :

lihl91c
Spoiler!
Level 5: he has mudman, prisoner, phantom, he upgrades mudman for 1 hit int 5 I guess?! Leaking half wave. Since he has no other 1 hit units, adding one is pretty TK in that situation.
So he wanted 1-hit Golem + prisoner + phantom over maverick + mudman + phantom?!
Bad game overall, he dead lane.

Golem was pure TK call, much better to simply go for maverick, or even hellraiser. Golem is so slow.. and even though it 1 hits, it will just go for a unit phantom already attacked. If I remember correctly, you leaked 5. Maverick was, I think, sure hold, so was hellraiser.

lihl62v
Spoiler!
He is playing blaster, lucky they got immo.
Complete level 6 he sits on 61g and going 7/1, where he could easy 6/2 and still get a blaster for 7. He ends up in level 7 sitting on 68g, 7/1. Very poor cash management imo.

He also easy loses a heal due to very bad king control. He kills hermits first, then goes wyvern, then goes a bit on furbs, but switches back to wyvern. I don't know. King can be challenging when Demons, kraken and locks come in etc. But it was all cleared out by immo, just a few sends left. Easy to focus, but he pointlessly lost a heal.

In level 9 he sells his meatwagon (completely unforced), to upgrade a 3rd blaster instead of adding another alchemist. Either way was easy hold 9. But then in level 10 he just adds an alchemist anyway, which he could've done in 9 without selling a meat. So he sold 70 value for nothing really.

Again, poorly played imo.

"Very poor cash management imo." ^^ This. Even though meatwagon is not so usefull 9, 10 and later, it is still a good tanky unit worth 70 gold, which you sold for absolutely nothing, but whatever.

I didn't fully review those 2 games, I was simply observer, semi-AFK and I didn't watch your team chat, so I won't include it in my conclusion, but they really gave me a bad impression.

###

Finally, I still support Halp, but I got a few things to tell you:
  1. You should adopt an open-mind when seeing something new/unusual.
  2. Try to take decisions on your own and to take initiatives regarding your lane, but still listen to (reasonable) advices/tips.
  3. Be careful with your gold management/(un)optimal push.
  4. Be careful with your units choices. Skele is quite TK unit... Also, don't just look rolls when choosing what you play, play what helps your team the most. This is LIHL, not 1200.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Mind
Donator

Postby Mind » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Kiwi wrote:Finally, I still support Halp, but I got a few things to tell you:
  2. Try to take decisions on your own and to take initiatives regarding your lane, but still listen to (reasonable) advices/tips.
  4. Be careful with your units choices. Skele is quite TK unit... Also, don't just look rolls when choosing what you play, play what helps your team the most. This is LIHL, not 1200.

those things u just listed are usually enough to deny someones trial - even if it would be only one of them.
(32:21 / All) Mudman: WE FORGOT KING
(32:23 / All) Mudman: gg

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Mind wrote:
Kiwi wrote:Finally, I still support Halp, but I got a few things to tell you:

those things u just listed are usually enough to deny someones trial - even if it would be only one of them.

Not because one of those happened once or twice that he should be denied. Mods increased the length of his trial for a reason. He did both good and bad during the first 3 weeks, mods think it was not worth denying already and that he showed some potential. I'm highlighting what I think he has to work on for now before his trial is accepted or denied.

Note that many players in LIHL, if not most of them, have 1, 2 or even more of the things I listed and they are still vouched.
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Im_Halp (Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:23 pm)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:58 pm

@kiwi

For the nm game i did realize that it was a better idea than pushing after kreu explained it.

(24:52 / Observers) Kreutertee: he probably has no better. and it's always better than a 2nd dead lane
(24:58 / Observers) Halp: fair
(25:00 / Observers) Halp: i suppose

As far as the knights game goes, the reason i am against 2/0 is because if they send warr it will be difficult to get the gold back unless your team leaks for you. I have always played knights as 1/0 and those who play it i see them 1/0 as well. I still think its a poor idea to 2/0 with knights since it is vbad on 1 vs warrs. I say not to 2/0 to be safer and offer some precautions so that people dont fail it, which is exactly what happened in that game.

I ask for advice because when i play how I know, not talking bw, people complain even when I play correct and end up holding etc. In lihl91c i asked if mav 1 hits since i wanted to go mav and i asked 7 what to build and was offered no input from him. So i made a unit that i knew would be able 1 hit and was hoping that the other units would kill a decent amount. I shpuld have upgraded mav in hindsight, i dont think hr would have done that well tho but idk. For the 2nd game it worked out that i sold the mw cus i was able to upgrade the over seer for 10. But ofc i cud have not sold it. Next time i wont sell it. I know i still have much to learn, thank you kiwi ill try to work on those.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Well, lets keep in mind that there isn't only one right way to build things. I also start knight with 1 0 and I find it safer and worth the small amount of wood I'm losing. There are other builds that people approach differently also mostly risk/or go safe play, both have its pros and cons.
These users thanked the author Meshtar for the post:
Im_Halp (Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:06 pm)

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 am

if you guys would invest the time you used reviewing those replays into playing, you'd all be top10 :D

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Who hired Kreut as a detective ? :lol:
More seriously i respect the time you put on it , even if im lazy to read your post, good job.
Regarding my last games played with halp,
pros : He said sorry for being an ***hole + asking/listening advices ( dunno if its cuz he realized that its the best/faster way to improve, or more about scary to fail his trial period.)
cons : Still get ignored by some players that never post on forum.

Return to “Accepted”