eloking

Moderator: LIHL Staff

eloking
Aura Tree

eloking

Postby eloking » Thu May 24, 2018 3:03 am

Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have: None.
Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as: eloking, jacklinks
What is your Discord account? jacklinks#2599
If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with:
Do you have Gproxy installed? Yes.

Attach at least three LTD Mega 3.42 1200+ game replays (one as yolo, other as a holder) that represent your skill (do not provide replays where you go cross-build, double-build or aura swap as these tactics are not allowed in LIHL):

ts yolo.w3g
(1003 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
ea.w3g
(904.81 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
bears semi - short game.w3g
(235.34 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

In my previous application some of the yolo replays weren't so good which was probably exacerbated without scoreboard, but no issues mentioned with holder replays. Ergo, I haven't attached any holder replays but can find some if needed.
The other replay that was noted was a random EA replay which wasn't great, and a bit different from the usual. In this the 10 positioning wasn't flash. Also I ob'd for 5 but didnt ob for 7. The attached EA replay isnt me holding 5 with extra, however I understand if ob 5/6 cover 7 also. Anyway I have attached an EA replay also which is hopefully in line with what you expect.

Have sent through screen shot in previous app.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to view etc. Appreciated.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: eloking

Postby HazarDous » Thu May 24, 2018 5:29 am

ea replay:

Good replay, I would just recomment you build your archers in front of the EAs on level 6. 8 leaks with 3archer, 2ea + t1 is a lot. I get better results when building the 3 archers in front.

Also careful with the positioning of your t1 when you play ea. You made a ranged t1 too far aside from the wall, which causes creeps to aggro to it, and then circle your EA faster. Without that t1, you would probably have done better because golems would have clogged themselves on the wall.

7/3 hold 10, kinda lucky focus but good hold.

Didn't see you communicate too much however. Good replay.

Random replay: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 819817.w3g

Lod start, add para for 2 with 3/0. para+lod can clear/hold up to a furb on lvl 2, but they skipped and you added necro. Luckily u got furb and not bo, leaked a few. good push, necrolyte for 5.

Not sure what else you had, but interesting choices. necro add for 6, push 7/3, up 2nd necrolyte for 8 and hold with 920 value. Problem was with level 9, you added yet another necro and leaked 11 units with 1050 value, which is kinda bad. Keep in mind ghost is just as good as necrolyte on level 8, if not better. However, ghost rapes level 9 + it is a decent tank unit. Bad choice there imo.

Due to that + 7/4 push on 8, you do not reach hades for 10, so you make a third necrolyte and a 4th necro... Please keep in mind that ghost is just as good if not better and it is much more useful for levels 10+ (probably the best aura in the game). Investing in 'dead value' isn't worth it unless you desperately need to hold level 10 and/or you have meliai/armor debuff. Ghost was the better option 8 and 10.

Leak 1 boss lvl 10 when your roll is absolute bomb vs 10. Be more aware of your team, yes blue raped 10 too, but red/teal sucked. You should either 7/4 and make sure to mid or simply play it safe and 7/3 for sure mid. You played risky + bad choices and it made your team waste wood and almost burn heal on 10.

You roll copter/mutant, but I don't understand why you made 4 copter... upped copter is decent 15, but I'd say juiced mutant better 15/16/17.

OK replay.

Random replay: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 819172.w3g

start bear + ranger

Your team SUCKS 5 6 7, and you have grey. For level 2 you add merm, they don't send. For 3 you have 176 and you make small violet + 2 more ranger... For 5 you up violet, 6/3 for 6, 660 value, and you leak 10+ units with bear..............

You push even more, you up meliai for 8 with 7/4...leak 20+ units and you are effectively dead.

If you build t1 for level 1 (or even sold ranger for 3), you can merm + 2 bear for 3, 2 grey for 5, 3 grey + merm for 7, you easily mid vs pretty much any send. You'd save your team a heal on 7 and you would not be dead.

Stopped watching there, awful replay.

I would like to invite you to watch more LIHL games, but at this point in time, I cannot support your vouch request.

eloking
Aura Tree

Postby eloking » Thu May 24, 2018 6:31 am

Hi Hazardous,

Thanks for your reviews, appreciated. Few comments:

Replay 2:
Yes 7/4 was aggressive and I leaked more 9 than expected, you are right a ghost would have been better. I decided 7/4 as we were strong 10 and they weak with low push and just full sent 7. I didnt have the best units for yolo and probably should have just gone 2 lod for 5 rather than needing to OB for 6 but felt the team needed a bit more push.

Replay 3:
Please dont judge this. It is a pub game sometimes I like to experiment etc. I could of course have gone for the usual 2 grey yolo (as per attached replay) or 3 grey holder which from memory the team needed, but I didnt feel like playing bears, and RR'd level 1 to try something different. Obviously it wasn't effective and the units I ended up with were garbage. I also didnt expect the unupped bear to do so badly on 6.. can scratch that up as a big ol tk for sure. But those choices would never have been done in competitive play.

Thanks for the review, appreciate the time taken, cheers.

inQ
Forest Walker

Postby inQ » Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm

!support

Very well mannered and has enough knowledge of the game for a trial. He will learn fast imo. Good luck!

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Good bloke and good player imo !support

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat May 26, 2018 1:52 am

eloking wrote:
Replay 2:
Yes 7/4 was aggressive and I leaked more 9 than expected, you are right a ghost would have been better. I decided 7/4 as we were strong 10 and they weak with low push and just full sent 7. I didnt have the best units for yolo and probably should have just gone 2 lod for 5 rather than needing to OB for 6 but felt the team needed a bit more push.

I would disagree on a few things. If you want to yolo, what you did was good, up to the decision to up 2nd necrolyte on level 8 (should have been ghost). Now keep in mind I have no idea what else you had beside lod/para and necro. 2 lod isn't meant to yolo, it is meant to ob. and to be honest with you, only time it is worth making 2 lod is when you want to ob for level 5. I would argue that hades+para+necrolyte with 5/1 or so is probably the best semi you can do (for 7). It usually mids to low send or clears +snipe hermits (hades). Making 2 lods like you said forces you to ob 7 with hades+lod, which is a weaker hold build than hades+necrolyte due to lack of dps.

eloking wrote:Replay 3:
Please dont judge this. It is a pub game sometimes I like to experiment etc. I could of course have gone for the usual 2 grey yolo (as per attached replay) or 3 grey holder which from memory the team needed, but I didnt feel like playing bears, and RR'd level 1 to try something different. Obviously it wasn't effective and the units I ended up with were garbage. I also didnt expect the unupped bear to do so badly on 6.. can scratch that up as a big ol tk for sure. But those choices would never have been done in competitive play.

mmwell, I believe there is only so much we can judge from a game you have posted yourself on the forum. That's why I like to make a more global analysis by observing random replays. 1200 is the highest ltd level you play at the moment, so there is reason to believe that this will be your level when you casually play lihl games (if accepted).

Anyway, no problem. If you wish to play more focused in 1200 going forward, I do not mind reviewing again some of your new replays (randomly picked) in a day or two.

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Sun May 27, 2018 8:14 am

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10834013
I can not say how he was building cause he was not my team and the game vs them was SO EASY, I was full time alt tabbed. But Eloking's team failed like ent18.
We had 1 sui, what was easy to read after lvl 5. We did not send 7, did full king. We skipped 10 sending 1f 6+6 (also obvious that we skipped, is not it?). If they had any more problems with reading the game, they cauld see on reena that none of us, including 7/7 guy have no income.
All in all they lost on 14 with 4 heals immo. They lost leaking over 70 to king ( so it is not close), still they did nto send, w8ing with ob hydra for lvl 15. :D
I wanna say that this game was an ent18 style. It game should be considered pre trial.

Dimitrakis_2001
Armored Tree

Postby Dimitrakis_2001 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:34 am

Played couple of games with him on 1200 and he was quite cooperative.Skillwise id say he is ok but ofc has things to learn and test more advanced builds ( as we all do anyway).
Sometimes he is a bit passive in decision making but i dont see why is that an issue since even on lihl you see people saying "i follow" or just not arguing about calls.Keep in mind that in 1200 games people dont realise that win/loss is a chain reaction of moves and many times its decided to as well u have set up a game pre10 to win later.This has a result fail weak sends 14/15 and i can never blame 1 guy just for this decision when team cant realise the difference in sending potential between 7/3 and 7/4 during 10.
Overall i think he is decent and i dont have impossible standards as many do just because on 1200 u cannot learn things as well as lihl.He at least deserves a trial and can be judged later from his performance there.
May zeus guide him to victory.
!support

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Wed May 30, 2018 10:58 am

Everyone is shit until they join lihl... impossible to learn properly in 1200+/ent18 im still shit after like 2 years in lihl. If he is a nice guy and doesn't TK hard he ofc deserves a trial.

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Wed May 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Kirim made good statement. There used to be a time, that it was much harder to get into lihl. IDM trial, what can happen worse after we had golliath?! :) Bit if U get into such conclusion, admins shall vouch YoloSwag, cause he is rly rdy for lihl.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed May 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Crazy_Skeleton wrote:Kirim made good statement. There used to be a time, that it was much harder to get into lihl. IDM trial, what can happen worse after we had golliath?! :) Bit if U get into such conclusion, admins shall vouch YoloSwag, cause he is rly rdy for lihl.

If it used to be much harder to get in lihl before, why are there so many tkers in it? :P

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Thu May 31, 2018 1:37 am

I didn't even know how to play aqua before joining lihl. Now I can 7/2 almost hold 10 with them.

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Thu May 31, 2018 5:36 am

Meshtar wrote:
Crazy_Skeleton wrote:Kirim made good statement. There used to be a time, that it was much harder to get into lihl. IDM trial, what can happen worse after we had golliath?! :) Bit if U get into such conclusion, admins shall vouch YoloSwag, cause he is rly rdy for lihl.

If it used to be much harder to get in lihl before, why are there so many tkers in it? :P

When I was joining the lihl, it was demanded to have skills already. But in those days 1200 was better, there were more games, more players. In current situation we can not afford that, or we would have had much less players/ games in lihl. LTD is dieing and we are prolonging the lihl :)

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 am

Meshtar wrote:

u prefer to have tkler like you or just no games at all?

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Thu May 31, 2018 9:03 am

Spoiler!
Guys why u turn this request to drama making discusion.How can this guy feel rly.So please either focus on request or pass this topic.

As I did before I !support his request, hes nice guy willing to listen, he knows basic builds he also obsed lihl games as it was recommended for him in last request. Worth trial, in the worst case he will do some TK and will not pass. But he deserves his chance.

!support

Return to “Accepted”