Alas, I apply Beastman Application

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Beastman
Treant

Alas, I apply Beastman Application

Postby Beastman » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have: None
Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as: Beastman
If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with: I don't know I play with a lot of different people in 1200+ and have gotten to know a lot of different players. I'm friends with Hugs, tin, I've played with shrimp if he's still vouched, a bit with marsh. I work night shift lmao so I don't always get to play with "day shift" legion players.
Do you have Gproxy installed? Of course
Attach at least two LTD Mega 3.41 game replays (one as yolo, other as a holder) that represent your skill (do not provide replays where you go cross-build, double-build or aura swap as these tactics are not allowed in LIHL): Done
Provide 3 lihl games you have observed as an observer:
Take a random wc3 screenshot, attach it, and private message it to recipient “LIHL Moderators” (LIHL Guide -> SS-Test): Done
[b]Any additional information that you would like to provide:
So in my opinion I've gotten moderately good at Legion, and I find even a lot of the games on 1200+ lack some skill that I know is found in LIHL. The only reason I've gotten good at all is because I'm more than willing and happy to listen to experienced players which I know LIHL is full of. I think I understand the mechanics of the game well and am willing to improve that which I can. About the replays. I submitted my wolves one as a YOLO but I can't figure out how to see the lumber and income of the East legion so I have no clue what my lumberjack level was. I'm assuimg it was decent. I didn't want to submit an aqua or archer or engi yolo as that's pretty basic and boring, so let me know if this was a good push or not. I have others. Came back and threw in an HR yolo too and a boring aqua yolo. Not my best replays but it takes a long time to sort through them all.

My holder replays- I added a ygg holder replay where I intended to go 4 yggs 3/0 but failed with a relatively big send on lvl 2 I believe it was. The harlot holder was initially supposed to be a semi hold but turned out more as a full hold, which I think was needed.

Thank you for your consideration,

Beastman
Attachments
Replay_2016_01_27_1125.w3g
Harlot holder
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Replay_2016_01_25_1127.w3g
Ygg holder
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 27 times
Replay_2016_01_23_1102.w3g
Aqua yolo
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Replay_2016_01_21_0620.w3g
HR yolo
(974.94 KiB) Downloaded 26 times

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Re: Alas, I apply Beastman Application

Postby SLSGuennter » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Beastman wrote:I'm friends with Hugs, tin, I've played with shrimp if he's still vouched, a bit with marsh.

Hugs kinda didnt play since several seasons (like 10 games after his revouch? :D ) tin and shrimp both arent vouched anymore ^^ And marsh also never plays lihl :P
But w/e people you know are the mainpoint anyway.
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Thx for applying and ur patience.
If u did obs 3lihl games, post it there ;
else, come 'clan lihl' channel to obs and ask for question if u have to.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 pm

Hello @Beastman and thanks for applying.
As Don said, you have to observe 3 LIHL games and link them here. I've watched your replays, here are my thoughts.

Harlot holder: Good until 7, but going 9 harlots for lvl 10 and not making a single soul of villain when you have it was a bad choice as the - armor would pay off greatly. You probably should have used a rr after 15 or 16 (not sure how many you used, but I think 0 or 1) to get auras etc for 17. Overall it was an ok replay.

Ygg holder: Horrible start. You go ygg lvl 1 and tot lvl 2 (good so far) but for level 3 you don't build anything yet stay 1/0, saving 150 gold for no reason which resulted in a rather big leak on lvl 3. Then you write that you wonder if you hold lvl 4 with ygg+tot (ofc you do :p ) and hence you upgrade tot for lvl 4 and are still 1/0 at lvl 5 with 2x archers in your team. You stay 1/0 long into lvl 5 and at the end of the level you buy 2 wisps. Then you make another ygg for 7 and realize you have 60+ gold left and buy a lumber jack. This was all played wrong, you should almost never stay 1/0 that long, you should never save 150 gold at lvl 3 and you have to think ahead and plan when you can/should push. Upping a ygg for lvl 10 when you also have turrets is also questionable. All in all a bad replay.

Aqua yolo: your build until lvl 5 is fine, but again you make a wisp way too late, instead of during lvl 4 you buy it after building for 5 when you probably realized you have the gold left (again no calculating/planning ahead?). You made 780 value of aquas for lvl 7 and stayed 7/3, it would probably be better to go 7/4 instead (especially since you had the 120 gold left during lvl 6 already). Selling an aqua after lvl 8 to go 7/6 was not good though, better to build for lvl 9 (you leaked a ton there) and to go 7/6 or 7/7 during/after 9. Ok game.

Phantoms yolo: Again making a wisp way after lvl 4 instead of during it, but it's good you added a polar for lvl 5. I would have gone 7/5 during lvl 6 again instead of staying 7/4 (usually if you leak huge on 7 anyway and you can push during lvl 6, you should do it). Same for level 10, you could push 2 more times since you barely dmg the bosses anyway. Ok game.

I like that you communicate a lot in your games (though your calls aren't always great, but there are other people in LIHL for that anyway), but I feel that you aren't quite ready for LIHL at this point, especially your ygg replay showed some big mistakes. I will have to deny your application for now, but if you keep improving and pay more attention, like planning your build more ahead and calculating if you can afford wisps, I think you can reapply in a few weeks.

Best of luck and I hope to see you apply again.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Beastman
Treant

Postby Beastman » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:04 am

Thanks for all the feedback, and I really appreciate you taking the time to review. Will keep practicing and re-apply. Thanks!

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:16 pm

@Beastman Glad to hear :)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Return to “Denied”