inq-@useast

Moderator: LIHL Staff

inQ
Forest Walker

inq-@useast

Postby inQ » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:46 pm

Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have: Only Dota
Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as: inq@uswest
If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with: I'm familiar with most active LIHL players who play on the 1200+ bot from time to time.
Do you have Gproxy installed? Yes
Attach at least two LTD Mega 3.41 1200+ game replays (one as yolo, other as a holder) that represent your skill (do not provide replays where you go cross-build, double-build or aura swap as these tactics are not allowed in LIHL):
Aqua Yolo.w3g
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
Mix Yolo.w3g
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
Tok + Druid Hold.w3g
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 48 times

Take a random wc3 screenshot, attach it, and private message it to recipient “LIHL Moderators” (LIHL Guide -> SS-Test):
[b]Any additional information that you would like to provide:
When the LIHL servers were down and LIHL players were playing frequently on the 1200+ bot, it was a great experience due to the competition and the overall quality of games. I'm not the best player by any means but I like challenging myself and high skilled games. I'm open to advice and like discussing strategies and working with teammates win or lose.
Last edited by inQ on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Re: inq-

Postby FateStayNight » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm

!support
These users thanked the author FateStayNight for the post:
inQ (Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:57 pm)

Kreutertee
Treant

Re: inq-@useast

Postby Kreutertee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Aqua yolo:
  • After they sent in 2, you sit on 92g and stay 5/0, where you should've instant 5/1. You overbuilt with 370 in 3 with aqua. 320 (basically) always holds 3 without sends!
  • In Level 4 you waste quite some time before you start lumberjack for 5/2. Where you should've done 7/1 instead. In terms of lumber it is 5x4 Lumber = 20 (with 5/2), 7x3 Lumber = 21 (with 7/1). And in addition 2 wisps take way longer to build than 1 lumberjack upg. So you sit half the round of 4 without upgrading lumber or building wisps. Since you need farm for 5 anyway, this would've been the right way to play. You get 570 value in 5 + 7/1.
  • During 5 you sadly dont do any math and end up with 48gold, aborting wisp for 98 respectively. The right move was to send 1 bowman for 100g, the 2nd best move was to sell tuskarr. Basically you were right for 620 value tho, since 570 needs really good focus on 6, mostly leaks tho.
  • Then after sitting on 48g you get 7/3, then 7/4 during round 6 and 7. With 48g however you easy made 260g in total, which would've been 6/4 and 6/5. You then kill enough during 7 for 7/5 and could've easy held 8, since you 2x Aqua anyway on team + turret holder. But then you sit on 97g...
  • Then in 8 you get 2x oceanus with 880 value HUGE ob. 750-800 easy enough and stay 7/4 :( And Oceanus is a really bad choice. Rather drop 2-3 more aqua or just RR if you dont have any good additions (T4, T5, T6).
  • Wow I just saw you had ygg. If you had ygg in 8 already, you could've done the same you did in 9. Sell 1 aqua + tuskar for ygg. Would've been a really op combo 1 round earlier while not wasting more gold on small aquas.
  • Last but not least 10-11. You build another ygg, where you know you will only be able to upg 1 ygg to TOK for 12 and a resend of enemy team was to be expected. And since you were 7/7 already, you could've either 7/8 immediately or at least stay 7/7 with low value to leak. Sadly you don't even get an TOK for 12. Clearly the wrong choice. 2x Ygg is like auto dead value serving no purpose at all vs ballista.
Overall an average/good game for 1200, not enough for LIHL tho. You easy took elo from dweiler, so well done ;)

Mix yolo:
  • You instantly start badly. You stay 1/0 and get tot/raider. If warrs, you leak badly since you put the tot right on the spot. With 2 tot you barely leak warrs.
  • Raider in general is just a really bad unit (except you go raider only yolo and probably suicide later), whereas tot's give you solid yolo. Slowly in the beginning, but solid. Whereas your tot/halfbreed/raider mix is also slow af, but just worse. 2x raider is 180 dead value. tot's however have slow aura, add speed to movement and enable you to "easy hold" level 8, since fast movement, medium armor, normal attack.
  • You ob huge for 4, for no reason. 505 value can hold, maybe add T1 or T2 unit. 635 is too much. You have an EA to carry you 5.
  • Well you ob again. 800 value, with those units, not required. With tots you'd be 685 value, holding 5 and 6 with easy push.
  • During 6 you have 134g, you can easy 7/4 since you've got immo. But you save the gold all round long, neither building nor upgrading for 7. Sitting on that much gold is pure tk.
  • You said ingame your next rr is 100/100. Well, I think doing 50g rr before 10 is usually really bad unless you already have op push/income so you can afford it to get even better.
  • Well you sit on 188 gold in 10. If you wanner push more lumber, you should've planned ahead and kept some lumber, sell raider. Or upg that Necro. But saving 200g, idk. Not the best move necessarily.
Overall, not the best game. Game being long with much king leaks made you kinda big and enable to push later, but not sure it was the best way to play it.
Anyway, you win closely 2v4 heals, despite TK king control from purp ;) So good on ya.

Tok + Druid Hold:
  • Well, you start aqua again, not ygg/druid ;) Whatever you get after, it's the early aqua yolo that makes you big.
  • Besides, I don't like your aqua placement. I'd always put one solo aqua in front on the wall. But that might be just me.
  • Wow, again you get 2 oceanus in level 8. For that gold you can get better units! Really bad habit sir, especially since you have OP other units with ygg and druid.

Well, I've seen enough here.

I personally appreciate your application. You're not the best as you say yourself, and for now I'm afraid that's true. It doesn't mean you can't improve tho. I've seen you around 1200, in general you play solid and you seem to be relaxed. I've haven't seen you involved in any drama (in comparison to many others who applied here and think LIHL is ready for them, just not the other way around... ;)).

That said, I think you should observe LIHL games and take those hints into consideration.

!nosupport at the moment, but I'd be happy to see you reapply in a while once you've worked on those flaws in your gameplay.
These users thanked the author Kreutertee for the post:
inQ (Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:01 pm)

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm

Just work harder to improve your skill for now not enuff imo, also recommend to observe some lihl games.
!nosupport for this time but keep working!
These users thanked the author Krocis for the post:
inQ (Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 pm)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:58 pm

I support this application. He is not best but we have vouched players with same/lower skill that afterwards just fit lihl cuz they listen and behave normally. From my experience playing with him, this guy wont hurt, he will listen and addapt fast.

!support
These users thanked the author FadingSuns for the post:
inQ (Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:25 pm)

inQ
Forest Walker

Postby inQ » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 pm

@kreutertee really appreciate you taking the time to look at all the replays in details!
Thanks for advice regarding the aquas. (Will take note on the oceanus @ 8 part) These replays weren't the cleanest in terms of skillset but I recently formatted my comp and lost my previously saved ones.

If I could defend some of my choices here:

For the Aqua Yolo Game:
Agreements:
-I agree, since they sent 2, I should have pushed extra wisp and stayed 320 @ lvl 3 instead of going 370. Just old habbit from trying to retain minimal value going into round 5 & 6.
-Agreed- I should have 7/1 instead of 5/2 seeing that I had 25 gold left over. @ lvl 4 going into 5

Conflicts:
-I'll note the double Oceanus on lvl 8. I like to think that it helps me hold 9 better opposed to massing small aquas and mid game as well. I held lvl 9 with ygg in front and managed to push 7/6 so maybe it wasn't a terrible decision? Plus it helps to hold 12 better and we were going all in 12 which the game ended.

For the Mix Yolo Game:
Agreements:
Not the best game to submit replay due to roll but I wanted to show that I can work with trashy rolls and make the best out of the situation. Sure I could have submitted EA Yolo / Engi Yolo but I think a trashy roll like this and how you adapt to it is more important at the higher level. But I agree that I could have pushed more at certain rounds and less ob. I just wanted enough value so that I can 7/9 before 10 which I did.

Conflicts:
I built tot first and then rr because rest of towers were bad. I run into another TK roll and end up building what I had to. I also ob for round 3 because rest of my team were yolo and no round 3 holders. It ended up working in our team's favor because we leaked 40+ on 3 and I held mid due to lucky split. I ended up pushing 7/9 and we outsend them to win the game.

For the Tok + Druid Hold:
Agreements:
-Will work on that Oceanus @ 8 :p
-Will work on placement (debatable imo)

Conflicts:
I think strong inc from early aqua really set me up mid game to hold 15 and mid 20 which resulted in our win. Just my opinion.

Anyways, thanks again for taking the time to comment on the replays. Really appreciate it.
Observed couple 3v3 LIHL games last night. It was fun!

Disable BBCode

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:30 pm

As far as I know, @inQ is a solid player, with good knowledge and a good attitude. In my opinion he is ready for a trial.

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:50 pm

From my experience from 1200 he was not som1 I dodge but having him in tema could not be considered as an advantage.
Nevertheless @FadingSuns is write about previous vouches and with attitude presented in this vouch request I do not mind giving him a trial.
However if admins accept this vouch, plz be concerned more than usual that it is a trial only and unvouch if few serious tk will be proved.

@inQ If you will be vouched please just do ur best to learn, ask more than you should. With such attitude and behaviour as u showed above I would be happy to have another friendly player in lihl.
@inQ I would like to play some 1200 games with You in order to have an opinion about skillz. U can wisp me on CrazySkeleton@europe.battle.net or SupremeBeing@useast.battle.net Unfotunatly I will be back on Monday.

Kisses
Supreme
These users thanked the author Crazy_Skeleton for the post:
inQ (Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:55 pm)

Kirim
Forest Walker

Postby Kirim » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Never had a problem with him on 1200 as far as I know, seems to have a good attitude and can play okay. Best way to "fine tune" your builds is to get a trial vouch in lihl for sure. There is not the same team synergy on 1200+ at all... !support trial vouch, good attitude.
These users thanked the author Kirim for the post:
inQ (Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:45 pm)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Did not play with him for quite some time but i remember him as a friendly guy that was willing to cooperate and never raged.
I agree with Kreuter on this one, skillwise i remember you as the space between good at 1200 / not quite at lihl level yet.
My conclusion is different though, since i got my trial at that same spot and got a chance to improve i did it enough to be vouched. I dont think i could have learned the small parts from staying at 1200 / only observing LIHL.
Learning by doing was the right choice for me, and i hope you get the same chance.
But i strongly recommend you to watch as much LIHL as possible still so that you tk as little as possible ( which will happen since ull need time to adapt) and keep a close eye on the rly good players here.
Also might ask people after game why they did this or that decision if you observed, most people will gladly explain and despite from a little forum drama all guys are nice here ^^. That helped me alot aswell ( special thx to tin and n1lle in that regard again ) :D
!support and good luck
These users thanked the author Anda for the post:
inQ (Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm)

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Snowblind wrote:and keep a close eye on the rly good players here.

Im always willing to help.
These users thanked the author SLSGuennter for the post:
inQ (Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:06 pm)
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Crazy_Skeleton
Treant Protector

Postby Crazy_Skeleton » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:35 pm

SLSGuennter wrote:
Snowblind wrote:and keep a close eye on the rly good players here.

Im always willing to help.

Yea, but Snowy meant those good players.... :D :lol: ;)

Kreutertee
Treant

Postby Kreutertee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:39 pm

I just played a bunch of games with him. Having an eye on him ingame, I now think he's a quick study and could be trial vouched. He's eager to learn and listens to reason.

!support after all
These users thanked the author Kreutertee for the post:
inQ (Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:05 pm)

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 pm

I remember this guy as a decent and friendly player, No Drama. !support
These users thanked the author iamyoursenpai for the post:

Dimitrakis_2001
Armored Tree

Postby Dimitrakis_2001 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm

!support
Inq is indeed improving fast and he always listens to advice.Some1 can easily tell that he works the best for his team whether it includes builds or calls.Ofc he does some mistake considering pushing or placement but then again we all do.And thats the reason we wanna join a higher skill league.To ameliorate.Furhtermore he is very talkative,well mannered and thus very cooperative with team.
All in all he is guy i enjoy very much having on team and he definetly deserves trial.
These users thanked the author Dimitrakis_2001 for the post:

Return to “Denied”