da_pwnerer@USEast reapply

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Nore
Treant Protector

Re: da_pwnerer@USEast reapply

Postby Nore » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:02 pm

1st Replay: Blasters
You pushed very late for the circumstances. You could have 3/1 with 3 blasters at level 3, but it took you until seeing immo to push. This was a bad sign in my eyes. You stayed as holder, which is fine, but missing 2 rounds of that 3/1 was pretty huge in your overall game. I would say just off those poor math skills displayed in this game, it is average at best.

2nd Replay: Engineers
You tell the team to pause if no warrs so you can brb, but they don't pause during the round which once again causes your push to be late, and you miss out on income because of it. These kinds of things just won't cut it in lihl, as they are considered to be mistakes that should not happen here. Through some feed you manage to get fat anyways, but little things truly add up at the next level, so I'd like to see you work on that. Another average game with nothing particular besides the strong yolo you got from both feed + immola.

3rd Replay: PR
I'm not sure this one counts, so I will not leave a real review, but seeing as we do play it very rarely, I will say you looked solid enough here.. though this mode is very different than the norm. It is nice to see you can play different modes well though; we may eventually bring fun weeks back into the fold.

4th Replay: Revs
Pretty standard rev play with eggsack this game. You stayed low until they sent 3, and then pushed, which was nice because in this game it was on-time. If all of your other replays matched this one, I would be giving you the nod but..

Unfortunately, I still do not see you being ready to play here; at least, not ready in terms of pushing. Your builds are fine, you follow team calls and even chip in sometimes, but the late pushes and afking is something that was an issue before, and seems to remain one.. and for that, I think this application should be handled accordingly. The standard is set for you now; you know what you need to work on, and can definitely do better, both as a player and teammate, by being more aware or present in the game. LIHL is competitive and requires strong teamwork and teamplay to produce the quality we are striving for. With that being said..

Denied.
God is my strength.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:58 am

Hello @Nore

first of all thank you for your review.

I'd appreciate it if you could reconsider your decision however.

Why? Well, as you stated correctly my only downside is the afk/late pushes. This is correct. You also said, this has been an issue in my previous trial. Partially correct. Back in my trial days I actually didn't know any better, I never was afk ingame AFAIK just unsure when to hold / suicide ending up with "mediocre" builds a lot (no push/no hold). I learned from that I'd say and I know now how much I can / should push most of the time.
The reason my pushes are often late in these public games is doing other things while playing public 1200+ bot, such as work (I do home office quite a lot), Hearthstone, Netflix, etc. on 2nd Monitor as I do not take a public game as serious as I'd take a league game, which is also why I follow most of the time instead of making calls. I also didn't ensure my replays are flawless in terms of the pushes as I expected you to watch some random replays as well and its a genereal issue I have in public games. I know there are high expectations from your ingame skill in lihl games, this is why I would ensure having enough time / being completely focused on the game and not doing anything else.

Proof: I will add the next 2 or 3 games I play today (the very next ones) and make sure to focus on the game as I would in a lihl game so you can see that it's not a lack of very simple maths and what I've written above is true.

I hope you can understand my reasons a bit, I don't care about 1200+ elo whatsoever I just want to relax and have some fun playing public games.

Edit: Added the last 3 replays as promised. LastReplay.w3g = Harlot

Wolv game: I messed the push up a little bit at 6, shouldve gone 6/3 first then wisp due to long delay during 5, I expected them to clear the level faster for whatever reason. Apart from that not a flawless game after all I think, I usually always roll wolves, because I believe its a bad tower because its unreliable so I'm not too confident with it, I kept it because I had seer too however.

Turret game: I stayed 5/1 until King skill, because I expected purple not to hold very well with knight watcher. We got stomp so I built up and semi held 7, which I think was a good decision if you check the heal counts after that. Turret also not my best tower, so not sure whether I fucked up @4 but it looked like unlucky focus to me.

Harlot game: Finally I got an interesting roll here, never played Harlot+Egg+Mine but I know the adds are op early, so I went a bit crazy on the push. I got punished at level 4 by leaking like 4 units. Maybe my idea was correct, but Mine placement needed to be better, not sure. That sucked, because if I cleared 4 I could've just sold the egg, add 2 Harlots and have 0 gold which was my plan. I think if I didn't mess up level 4 this could've been a really good game.

I think none of the replays showed outstanding performance, I wouldn'tve picked them for an application either. But as I promised I uploaded the very next 3 games I play and focus on my push as I understood that was the only aspect I had to proof myself worthy for now. :P
Attachments
LastReplay.w3g
(3.12 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
noreWolv.w3g
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 29 times
noreTurret.w3g
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
Last edited by smokedope123 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 am

Hey @smokedope123 , I think that Nore was right in denying you if you are so much AFK in 1200+ and not so active in it. Maybe you are able to do it, but if you are serious about joining LIHL and if the mods want to be able to make a good judgment they need more than you showing 2,3 games that you can do it. I would advice you to play the next 2-3 weeks like you would in LIHL and then re-apply so the mods have a good opportunity to look at your app fairly + you show that you are serious about the app and we don't have to fear you are going to be AFKing in LIHL too.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 am

Hey @MickeyTheMousie , how's it going?

Hmmm, I think the reasons I'm not tryharding in public games I stated above are quite reasonable. I also think that most LIHL players don't take 1200+ games too serious either, which is completely fine because its public.

I really mean what I said above, that I'll tryhard in every single LIHL game. I think thats part of what the trial phase is for, because if I don't improve or not take the games serious enough I should get denied as I did before.

So to do what you want me to do I have 3 ideas.

1) Tryhard every pub but I really don't want to do that.
2) Create a second account and only play on my main to tryhard / for LIHL application
3) Collecting, lets say 10 replays of games I tryhard and being excused for late pushes on random games I play, I didn't post to my application.

As idea #1 is not really an option for me, I'd go for #3 if you guys are happy with that. I could also upload 20 games if that's needed to not go through the struggle and grind mega gamdes till 1200 on a new account as suggested in #3.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Hi! I'm fine and you? :)

I get what you are saying. I am also not so active in LIHL atm and when I'm online I prefer to play fungames/1200+ with friends and just laugh a bit. So I get it :)

But if you are having trouble playing at the top of your game for 2 weeks to be entered into a league where they expect you to do this all the time, I would reconsider if LIHL is something for you, if I were you. If you cannot find the motivation to do this, maybe it is better to not go for it.

That is not a disqualification or anything, I respect the way you like to play your games, and maybe the mods think differently about it and want to make some arrangement for you.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:48 pm

All good Mickey. thanks.

I see you get my point and I also understand your worries. I can explain it to you.

I'm driven by competition when I play games. For example, the main game I play is Dota 2, I'm playing Dota for like 12 years or so by now, starting with early TFT versions. I play in a very high bracket there (~6000mmr, better than 0.5%, probably even better as 4.2k = top 1%). What thrills me is improving my skill constantly and being better than others.

This is also why I want to play with the best LTD players out there to improve my skill in this game and eventually become better and better.
This however is something I can't achieve in 1200+ public games, many bad players there, premades, shitty environment (flaming, crying, etc..) so I can't motivate myself to focus and tryhard everygame.

In my opinion I don't learn anything more from a public 1200+ game. This is why I think it's time to move on and improve my skill by playing with / against players that are much better than me.
These users thanked the author smokedope123 for the post:
dweiler (Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm)

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:57 pm

smokedope123 wrote:3) Collecting, lets say 10 replays of games I tryhard and being excused for late pushes on random games I play, I didn't post to my application.

@smokedope123
This is actually what i did in my vouch request :) viewtopic.php?f=76&t=103498

Artichoke
Forest Walker

Postby Artichoke » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 am

Hello sir. May I recommend getting help with your marijuana addiction before applying again? It really is a terrible drug that negatively impacts your decision making.

I wish you the best of luck.
These users thanked the author Artichoke for the post:
Escaflowne (Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 am)

Escaflowne
Armored Tree

Postby Escaflowne » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:29 am

Artichoke wrote:Hello sir. May I recommend getting help with your marijuana addiction before applying again? It really is a terrible drug that negatively impacts your decision making.

He's talking sense kid, his brother OD'd and died on marijuana not long ago.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

Escaflowne wrote:
Artichoke wrote:Hello sir. May I recommend getting help with your marijuana addiction before applying again? It really is a terrible drug that negatively impacts your decision making.

He's talking sense kid, his brother OD'd and died on marijuana not long ago.

Ya I've read that post, Marijuana is a terrible drug kids, stay away from it!

Kappa

Return to “Denied”