3rd time is the charm

Moderator: LIHL Staff

nicolai123
Treant

3rd time is the charm

Postby nicolai123 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9283423 get shit on
[b]Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as:nicolaisen(main),Heisenburger(failed smurf/mega is cancer)
[b]If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with: Idk who is lihl and who is not(suprisingly many people are in lihl) but i know mich, crey(who helped me on my previous applications), LForward(i watch his streams but he probably doesn't remember me), psyclone, cute, kiwi. wani, Anda, da_pwnerer.
[b]Do you have Gproxy installed?
Yes.
Attachments
9277081 (1).w3g
Wolves yolo
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
9282829 (2).w3g
Ob with eggsack at lvl 2
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
9283260 (1).w3g
Prisoner yolo(carrion op)
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
Harlot holder 3rd lihl app.w3g
Harlot holder(rip warriors)
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
3rd lihl application.w3g
Aqua yolo(500 lumber resend??)
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by nicolai123 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Re: 3rd time is the charm

Postby SLSGuennter » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:10 pm

nicolai123 wrote:Idk who is lihl and who is not(suprisingly many people are in lihl)

True dat man, true dat :D

Anyway, in the past (like rly FAR) when i played some games with him, his personality seemed all fine.
Would have to watch some replay before talking about skills, but guess i can do that later today :)
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi @nicolai123
I've reviewed some of your replays you linked in your application, here are my thoughts.

Aqua yolo :
3rd lihl application.w3g
Aqua yolo
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 61 times

In this game, you overbuilt for level 2, with 300 value. I do not like to do this, personally, because I feel like even if I overbuild, it won't really help me hold, but that's just me. Your overbuild however benefited you, since enemy sent, you got a low send and you got some feed in the middle. In the end of level 2, you started pushing, before the level ended. This was a very smart move: you were not sure you would have enough gold from king's kills, you still pushed, but you kept some time to cancel if you could not afford it. This benefited you a few seconds and you could afford it. On level 5, your team was sending, which you considered in your push, so instead of doing a farm, you upped one of your aquas into an oceanus. I usually do not recommend doing an oceanus for - well, for any level -, but this was the right move here. Your push was very efficient this game, allowing you to go 6/4 by the end of level 5 and 7/5 during level 6. Before level 8 started, you went 7/6 and had 830 value. This also was a great decision since you didn't overbuilt unnecessarily, your team being very good on level 8. However, you built a druid for level 8, which really is not the best to add for 8, especially since you were 7/6 already and had no way to hold 10, but whatever.

All in all, good replay. However, you really have to work on your aqua placement and substitute it for a more efficient and stable build.

Harlot holder :
Harlot holder 3rd lihl app.w3g
Enemy sent warrs
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 59 times

You start 1/0 with harlot and add a carrion splitter. Enemy sends warriors and you are pretty much fucked. You built a gate guard for level 2, sitting on 60 gold. If you did your maths, you would have realized that, with a level 3 send for 6 income, you could've pushed 2/0, sold your carrion splitter and afford another harlot for level 3 instead of just going 2/0 at level 5. At level 5, you get immolation, so you allow yourself some push and managed to get 5 harlots for 7 and holder well in middle. You pushed 7/4 during level 7. On level 8, you added a harlot. This was not such a good move: harlot sucks 8 and your team was already okish for 8, you should either have pushed or reroll for something else. Also, on level 10, you added necrolyte and did some more carrion splitters, which both are dead values after 10. I would clearly have pushed 7/6 as soon as possible since you had already 2 good lanes on level 10.

This was a decent replay, but I could see some hesitation and late pushes from you. Also, since you had immolation, your hold was not as convincing as it should have been without immolation.

I also reviewed your prisoner yolo. Nothing to say really, it was a normal game.

It would be nice if you could upload more replays, including holder replay where you do not get immolation and replays with some less casual yolo units than aquas. Given your replays, I am still not ready to stated if I support or not.

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:21 pm

@KiwiKiller[QQ]
Added a yolo replay with wolves and added a holder replay with ygg, i realize i shouldn't have built eggsack after warrior send and cap and ygg holds 3 alone. That is all.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm

@nicolaisen ur not toxic anymore? hmmmmm i would love to see that
These users thanked the author FadingSuns for the post:
Escaflowne (Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm)

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi @nicolai123

It will probably take some time until we check your application, so please be patient.
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Lord-Miles
Plague Treant

Postby Lord-Miles » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am

Played few games with him , in my opinion the guy is not ready for lihl yet.
These users thanked the author Lord-Miles for the post:
FadingSuns (Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:10 am)

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:16 am

@nicolai123
You should come to the channel named "Clan LIHL" and observe some games. You will be able to learn some things already.

JoeSakic
Resource Storage

Postby JoeSakic » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 pm

! no support

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:23 pm

I didn't play alot with him recently, so i cant judge that vouch skillwise, but i remember that i had some problems with his behaviour. Overall i tend to !nosupport

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm

I like that dude, hes always nice to me and i cant remember him tking me in recent times. He makes mistakes but hes middle/top tier of the 1200 community as far as i remember.
Behaviourwise I never saw any toxic stuff from him, but to be fair aswell its hard to get me mad :D
GL and !support

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Tue May 02, 2017 9:07 am

Really, this app is here 2.5 weeks weeks without any mod checking it, even though most of them of them are online almost every day.

As ex-mod I generally don't want to comment on things, but if you really can't motivate yourself to do anything, make it known to the community and try to get some motivated new mods. How can you expect new people to apply if they see they have to wait almost a month even for an answer? Maybe @Kiwikiller[qq] can become LIHL mod? I see you are at least motivated to do some work and you're doing great work in the general department too :)

And thanks for your patience @nicolai123
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post:
smokedope123 (Tue May 02, 2017 2:57 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Lord-Miles
Plague Treant

Postby Lord-Miles » Tue May 02, 2017 9:19 am

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Really, this app is here 2.5 weeks weeks without any mod checking it, even though most of them of them are online almost every day.

As ex-mod I generally don't want to comment on things, but if you really can't motivate yourself to do anything, make it known to the community and try to get some motivated new mods. How can you expect new people to apply if they see they have to wait almost a month even for an answer? Maybe @Kiwikiller[qq] can become LIHL mod? I see you are at least motivated to do some work and you're doing great work in the general department too :)

Offtopic:

I dont believe kiwi fitting for LIHL Mod , hes behaviour real bad and he like fighting with peoples at lihl , but you are right lihl need some more new mods for sure.

KiwiKiller[QQ] wrote:
Lord-Miles wrote:
MickeyTheMousie wrote:Really, this app is here 2.5 weeks weeks without any mod checking it, even though most of them of them are online almost every day.

Offtopic:

I dont believe kiwi fitting for LIHL Mod , hes behaviour real bad and he like fighting with peoples at lihl , but you are right lihl need some more new mods for sure.

You are just scared, cuz you know you would be unvouched if i was mod xD i dont think my behavior is bad, pretty much everyone likes me in here, but LIHL mod doest rly attract me

Scarred? Even if you are a mod at lihl u cannot unvouch on your own just , once again proven you are not fit with these words.
Last edited by Lord-Miles on Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Tue May 02, 2017 9:42 am

Lord-Miles wrote:

Offtopic:

You are just scared, cuz you know you would be unvouched if i was mod xD i dont think my behavior is bad, pretty much everyone likes me in here, but LIHL mod doest rly attract me

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Tue May 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Btw, I am not saying that to burn down the work of the mods atm, and I don't mean that Kiwi is our only solution.

When I was mod I/we used to have the policy of giving people 2-5 days to comment and then process it. Doing a good job on applications is the most important thing for moderators because it's very influential with what attitude players go into the league + making the league attractive for other players to join -> keeping the league fresh and evolving + setting the tone for the rest of the league. Sloppy moderation on vouch requests is deadly for the league.

I hope the moderators see that and do what is needed to make this section go a bit more efficiently. The league really suffers from it if we aren't dealing with apps in a good way.
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post (total 2):
smokedope123 (Tue May 02, 2017 2:56 pm) • bigM (Tue May 02, 2017 2:25 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Return to “Denied”