da_pwnerer@USEast

Moderator: LIHL Staff

smokedope123
Forest Walker

da_pwnerer@USEast

Postby smokedope123 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have: ~2month lihl failed trial. Late 16/early17
Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as: da_tk
What is your Discord account? derinderinderinderin#1800
If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with: most should know me
Do you have Gproxy installed? yes
Attach at least three LTD Mega 3.42 1200+ game replays (one as yolo, other as a holder) that represent your skill (do not provide replays where you go cross-build, double-build or aura swap as these tactics are not allowed in LIHL): will add some more over time (if needed). Actually I had plenty more replays which are fucked up now due to recent frequency of wc3 updates..
Take a random wc3 screenshot, attach it, and private message it to recipient “LIHL Moderators” (LIHL Guide -> SS-Test): done that last time, if required again let me know.
Any additional information that you would like to provide:

iamyoursenpai wrote:Still !support for this guy. He is perma Obs and obviously has the will to improve.

Krayyzie wrote:Why not :)

HazarDous wrote:Where there's a will, there's a... derp, forgot.

Played once with him, he did good with somewhat complicated build. I think he deservers a trial.

Beastman wrote:Somebody give this man a trial!

BEAST

Mind wrote:i !support him too. nice and friendly guy with good knowlegde of the game :)

greez

FQ-CoM wrote:
smokedope123 wrote: Any additional information that you would like to provide: !challenge @1007

Hahahaha I actually miss this.

KiwiKiller[QQ] wrote:Reviewed your blaster replay you uploaded in your application.
This is a !support from me.
Attachments
lihlre3Blaster.w3g
(669.43 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
lihlre3Ygg.w3g
(695.54 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
lihlre3EA.w3g
(640.18 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
lihlre3Rev.w3g
(475.11 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
lihlre3Prisoner.w3g
(694.01 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
lihlre3Harlot.w3g
(691.85 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Last edited by smokedope123 on Sat May 27, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Re: da_pwnerer@USEast

Postby iamyoursenpai » Tue May 16, 2017 10:12 am

Give this man his fucking trial

Beastman
Treant

Postby Beastman » Tue May 16, 2017 12:28 pm

!support for trial. Wants to join so hard- give him a trial- says he's improved lots- if no good we will see and unvouch. Need him for late night 2s :D

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks for the contineous support ma nigglets!

looking forward to some late night quality tk :)

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Tue May 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Played vs him, seemed legit :)
Definetly the right attitude (but that should be known since first trial ^^)
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Thu May 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Archer replay added.

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 am

pls work on this vouchrequest, he posted 11 days ago :D
and mang this guy is trying SO HARD

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:47 pm

iamyoursenpai wrote:pls work on this vouchrequest, he posted 11 days ago :D
and mang this guy is trying SO HARD

All good, I was quite busy the last 2 weeks, didn't even have time to obs or play. But I got the possibility to add more replays now. Thank you so much anyway for contineous support bro.

Ygg replay added.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri May 26, 2017 2:35 pm

I think u not bad overall but u tend to disconect ur brain many times. If u just play lihl when ur focused u clearly fit but plz dont lose the focus as often as u did in past.

Attitude is nice so ima !support u

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks for the support Ace!

Blaster replay added.

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Sun May 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Blaster Replay:
Pretty standard, enemy skipped warriors and sent 2, you got a furb and pushed 4/0. Played the rest of the game as a normal blaster would under such circumstances. +1

YGG Replay:
You stay 1/0 and hold 2 bowmans level 2 with ygg cap. Push full from there, which is fine since you don't plan to hold. My only problem here was you seemed to push slightly late on level 2; a matter of 2-3 seconds but still, you know that's what we wanted to see worked on and it doesn't look much improved. Also, you say to wait for bo level 3, but you clearly are not able to do it, and still wait, costing you missing 6 income for no reason. Awareness is something we want from our members. I'd say this replay was average at best.

Harlot Replay:
You did 1/0 and full build harlot + captain when your team had wolverine(anti war) and yellow overbuilt with knight and ywd (anti war). This is another example of bad awareness or bad choices, I'm not sure which it was. Risk is part of the game, and that build would basically kill you on level 2. Luckily for you, you get a dino, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad decision to not risk on level 1. Your entire game could have been ruined right then and there. If your team was incredibly weak to level 1, I would understand this decision, but given the circumstances, I would say this is a bad replay.

Prisoner Replay:
Basic 3 pris by level 2. Overall, no complaints besides the random spitter you added level 6, which had no impact one way or another for your build. I'd give this a +1.

So, here we are again.. and I think the reviews speak for themselves, so I won't get into too much detail.. but unfortunately, I still see you making mistakes that cost either you or the team. On 1200+, it might not seem so detrimental, but on lihl these even "small" mistakes will be amplified ten-fold. I have outlined exactly what you needed to work on in your previous app, and though I see some positives, I still see some of the same mistakes being made, and this is from replays you hand-picked (which makes me wonder what I would find in random replays). I think you need to continue to come spectate games here and really get a better feel for game-awareness and decision-making. Best of luck to you!

Denied.
God is my strength.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Spoiler!
Blaster Replay:
Pretty standard, enemy skipped warriors and sent 2, you got a furb and pushed 4/0. Played the rest of the game as a normal blaster would under such circumstances. +1

YGG Replay:
You stay 1/0 and hold 2 bowmans level 2 with ygg cap. Push full from there, which is fine since you don't plan to hold. My only problem here was you seemed to push slightly late on level 2; a matter of 2-3 seconds but still, you know that's what we wanted to see worked on and it doesn't look much improved. Also, you say to wait for bo level 3, but you clearly are not able to do it, and still wait, costing you missing 6 income for no reason. Awareness is something we want from our members. I'd say this replay was average at best.

Harlot Replay:
You did 1/0 and full build harlot + captain when your team had wolverine(anti war) and yellow overbuilt with knight and ywd (anti war). This is another example of bad awareness or bad choices, I'm not sure which it was. Risk is part of the game, and that build would basically kill you on level 2. Luckily for you, you get a dino, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad decision to not risk on level 1. Your entire game could have been ruined right then and there. If your team was incredibly weak to level 1, I would understand this decision, but given the circumstances, I would say this is a bad replay.

Prisoner Replay:
Basic 3 pris by level 2. Overall, no complaints besides the random spitter you added level 6, which had no impact one way or another for your build. I'd give this a +1.

So, here we are again.. and I think the reviews speak for themselves, so I won't get into too much detail.. but unfortunately, I still see you making mistakes that cost either you or the team. On 1200+, it might not seem so detrimental, but on lihl these even "small" mistakes will be amplified ten-fold. I have outlined exactly what you needed to work on in your previous app, and though I see some positives, I still see some of the same mistakes being made, and this is from replays you hand-picked (which makes me wonder what I would find in random replays). I think you need to continue to come spectate games here and really get a better feel for game-awareness and decision-making. Best of luck to you!

Denied.

I don't know what to say. This feels like a personal witchhunt to be honest. Furthermore it feels like the !support or !nosupport of full LIHL members have no more impact whatsoever on trial applications apparently. On top of that apparently it is standard nowadays that trial applications are waiting to be processed for 2 weeks, which is funny because Nore told me ingame after instantly denying my last application that they could handle them at any time after being posted. Yet you played plenty of games.
Just a reminder:
MickeyTheMousie wrote:Really, this app is here 2.5 weeks weeks without any mod checking it, even though most of them of them are online almost every day.

As ex-mod I generally don't want to comment on things, but if you really can't motivate yourself to do anything, make it known to the community and try to get some motivated new mods. How can you expect new people to apply if they see they have to wait almost a month even for an answer? Maybe @Kiwikiller[qq] can become LIHL mod? I see you are at least motivated to do some work and you're doing great work in the general department too :)

And thanks for your patience @nicolai123

Okay lets get to the replays, lets start with his first review, my YGG replay.

Spoiler!
YGG Replay:

I watched this 5 times in a row. The late push he is talking about is the 4th and last wisp I push during and after level 2. It was ONE second too late, one bloody second. I even watched it in 1/2x Speed and its probably even .8 seconds. I agree being unaware of that furb send ending up missing 6 income, but this is my only mistake I found in this game really. What I find funny is that he calls this replay average at its best, I even got a shoutout from @iamyoursenpai for being too fat post 10.

I mean come on, the main reason I got denied was late pushes in almost every game, and by late I mean 10-30 seconds, in several occasions. I completely fixed this issue and yet he says I haven't much improved there? Furthermore I'd say I did good calls and had overall good communication this game (i.e. going 3ygg, spotting enemy ygg, considering advices, etc. ...) but for whatever reason he only lists the negative aspects.

Spoiler!
Harlot Replay:

I agree that the overbuild might not have been necessary on 1 considering my team was warrior safe, however a warrior send on 1200+ is MUCH more common than in LIHL games, please consider that and I kinda expected it anyway. Even if you have bad yolos but 3x or 4x 2/0 people will send warriors 90% of the time, even if you don't want a slow game. Furthermore I don't see how my game would've been ruined on 2 in case I got a furbolg. I mightve leaked a few units then I'd say. Again this is the only thing you need to see to declare the whole replay bad?

After watching this again I do agree it's not the best replay to add here but wouldn't consider it "bad".

Spoiler!
Prisoner Replay:

Not gonna comment because you didn't find any mistakes.

Spoiler!
[quote="Nore"]Blaster Replay:

Not gonna comment because you didn't find any mistakes.

I'd really appreciate if another mod could review this again with an unbiased oppionion.
Cmon Nore you reviewed 4 of the given replays here, giving me 2x +1, calling my Ygg game average (see above thats a joke) and the Harlot one bad, that's a close call to me. Now I ask myself why did you not consider my massive amount of observing games nor the plenty !supports and 0 !nosupports I got OR watch more of the given replays.

I really think this is personal.

I apologize if I got too harsh / emotional on some points here, I'm just really, really disappointed to get denied once again after trying so hard and even improved a lot game knowledge wise after my last trial.

@Nore
@Diablo_
@n1ll3
@HazarDous
@MickeyTheMousie

Nore
Treant Protector

Postby Nore » Sun May 28, 2017 10:08 pm

If you think I am being biased, you are dead wrong. I barely know you, and have played possibly 1-2 games with you so there is no experience for me to even draw on for being biased. We just expect our applicants to find good replays for their app, and display the proper skills for lihl. Maybe the mod who let you in the first time just set the bar really low, but I am not him.

I actually would love to see you get in, and was rooting for you, but your replays are just too mediocre from my point of view. I want to see a game where you shine, not just play average or bad. Most applicants I ever passed can attest to this; the bad is going to outweigh the good because, quite frankly, almost any person from 1200 can play "good". We want very high leveled play. So.. sorry if you feel that way, but it's sad that you have tried to take this the personal route, because that is the farthest thing from the truth.
God is my strength.

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Sun May 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Nore wrote:...
I actually would love to see you get in, and was rooting for you, ...

Bullshit. Did you even read my post above?

Just explain me one thing then.

Nore wrote:YGG Replay:
...My only problem here was you seemed to push slightly late on level 2; a matter of 2-3 seconds but still, you know that's what we wanted to see worked on and it doesn't look much improved...
I have outlined exactly what you needed to work on in your previous app, and though I see some positives, I still see some of the same mistakes being made, ...

As some of you may know, or feel free to check my previous applications, late pushes were the biggest issue (I also explained there why I pushed late often, so I won't go into detail here)

Yet you outline my late push again, you found ONE late push, in 1/4 replays you watched, and this push was ONE SECOND or even less (go ahead and watch it in 1/2x Speed) too late.

And then again you give people the chance for a trial who also make small mistakes (like my late furbolg send i.e.)

How is this not something personal?

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sun May 28, 2017 11:06 pm

Dude show some respect pls he took his private time to check ur application he is not getting paid to do this stuff its his spare time he is using for this.If it was personally important for him to deny you, he would not have waited 2 weeks to check your application?
If he think u are not good enough just ask some other mods for a second opinion maybe in private or smth, but dont add drama, pls keep it friendly. I can see it is disappointing to get denied so often, but he is giving his opinion (that you can disagree with).
I also want you in here, we had some nice time on 1200 and im in for a trial on your part.
But if mod says no there is not rly much you can do about it imo, this will not help ur next application.
Nore is known to be very picky on the trials, cant rly blame him for that. maybe just ask for someone else to see it in next application ? But i think arguing about being denied doesnt rly help your case
Best of luck and hopefully see u next time

Return to “Denied”