Halp@useast Vouch Req

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Im_Halp
Treant

Halp@useast Vouch Req

Postby Im_Halp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 am

b]Tell us what other previous league or in-house experience you have:[/b] None, I have watched a couple of games tho
Provide a list of aliases. These are names that people might recognize you as: Halp, Im_Halp, SweatyPalmsInc.(a few months ago)
What is your Discord account? Halp#2180
If possible, provide a list of LIHL players who might know you or that you are acquainted with: Kiwi, Nore, fogey, Haza, Broudy, FQ-com. I know a handful of others but I dont know if they kno me so I didnt list them.
Do you have Gproxy installed? I plan on reinstalling in a few days (going away, thats why a few days).
Attach at least three LTD Mega 3.42 1200+ game replays (one as yolo, other as a holder) that represent your skill (do not provide replays where you go cross-build, double-build or aura swap as these tactics are not allowed in LIHL):

Take a random wc3 screenshot, attach it, and private message it to recipient “LIHL Moderators” (LIHL Guide -> SS-Test):
http://prntscr.com/fzfida
Any additional information that you would like to provide: I have a lot of games similar to these. I got some help on the engi/turr i think idr but it was a cool game. Im sure i could have pushed more or something but that was my first game ever mixing that. I know the ygg holder is basic but its what I have for now. the aqua hydra was a big holder 15. and the heli game i had fun with, 2nd or 3rd time playing heli like that. I have a bunch of basic aqua/engi/ea yolos but those are no fun. Im pretty curious to hear people think of the replays.
These users thanked the author Im_Halp for the post:
Vendeta (Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:05 am)

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Re: Halp@useast Vouch Req

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi @Im_Halp
I reviewed your games you attached to your application and here is my feedback:

Flying machine into blasters

• All in all, it was a good game, you took the leader role and made some good calls. You king control was also fine.
  • You started with bottom feeder and a flying machine, which is fine compared to 2 flying machines since you can go 2/0. However, I would have placed the bottom feeder behind the flying, so that they share damage better on early levels, this would have made you hold better on 3 for sure. Also, I don't know what happened, but you pushed extremely late on 5. Rest of the time, you pushed quickly, so I don't know if you went AFK for a few seconds or something. You held 17 and 20.

Ygg holder

• Once again, good game, you managed to get 4 yggs with a good feed on lvl 5. You held lvl 10 with 7/3 and compensated for your team's weakness on 10.
  • However, your attitude this game wasn't acceptable. I cannot understand how you can "lose it up" so easily when you realize one of your teammate is a mega player. You almost instantly ignored him when he was actually listen to advises. This hindered gameplay quite a lot and might have made the difference in the outcome of the game if he pushed more. Also, the way you reacted towards your other teammate when he stayed 7/5 instead of 7/6 as you asked was also unacceptable. You can't expect people to simply obey you. Yes it might have been the way to go, yes it might have been a bad decision from him, but that doesn't relieve from you, shame is on him. Instead, you just started to flame him and blame your team.
  • Your attitude here was pretty crap. I know you can behave better, and you will have to behave better if you want to be part of LIHL.

Aqua into hydra

• Very good game. Good attitude. Good knowledge and good vision of the game.
  • Almost flawless aqua yolo early game. You added hydra for 10 and held 2 boss. At this very moment, you were owning this game. Your good income from early game allowed you to go mid 15 with a huge value and basically win the game.

Engi and turret mix

• This game ended on level 9, when enemy !ff. I won't give you full feedback on this game, since there is not much to say for such a short game, however, there are still some things to say : Usually, when mixing turrets and engineer, I start turrets, especially since you had egg, you would have held warrior send anyway (and probably better). Also, you were quite overbuilt on 5, 4 turrets and eggs barely holds 5 without send, you had 4 turrets, 2 or 3 engineers and 2 eggs, that slowed your push greatly, but it's fine since you pushed very hard very fast when they sent warrior. It was going to be a good game, still an easy one with 4v1 heals after lvl 7.
==========================================================

All in all, I do think that skill-wise, you are ready for a trial. You showed the capacity to yolo, to hold and to mix. Also, you are talkative and seem to have a good understanding of the different aspects of the game. Therefrom, based on the games I played with you and on the replays I reviewed, I will give you my !support.

On a side note, if you wish to succeed during your trial, and later, and to develop at your full potential, you will need to be careful with your attitude.
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Pretty much agree with Kiwi's review for the games I found. Thanks btw @kiwi (try to include links to replays in the future)

Random replay addition: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 574242.w3g

Undervalue level 5, undervalue level 6 (550 with 2x t1), undervalue level 8 + leak. Stayed 7/4 and added healer + alchi for 9. Bad call, leaked a lot anyway. Blaster for 10...? I'll just assume it was a last resort sort of decision as rest of your team sucked 10... Anyway, bad replay.

Random replay: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 574346.w3g

Revenants. 2/0 with 1 upped to start, then 3/0 and 2 upped with mili send for level 2. 3/0 can be risky with revs when other team sends level 3. In such cases, you get rekt either way. Anyway, they send level 2 and you only get 2 bows, so you mid. Pushed 4/0 for level 3 and leaked a lot to no send...

Overbuild for level 4, 700 value for level 5, overbuild, too. Underbuild for level 6 :/...

With revs, you just need to worry about 3 and 6 (5 a little, too). Anyway, that's another bad replay from you, so I'll give it a no. Perhaps those don't represent you accurately ... but still awful mistakes (most specifically 550 value for level 6 with aqua).

Will wait for more input, but unless it's all positive, I lean toward a denial. @n1ll3 and @FadingSuns might think differently, though.

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:35 pm

random replays are important, don't know why you would want to exclude them. Mick and Diablo would also often go through random replays to gauge peoples skill level, not only selected games where they would be at their best (attitude and skillwise)

well this was in response to kreus comment but he deleted it so disregard lol

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Stay on topic please. If you have concerns about how I review vouch requests, you may approach me and / or post a new topic. However this is no place to insinuate bias accusation or harass other people ~~

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 pm

@hazardous @kiwi thank you for giving me such critical advice and reviews! Yea I have gotten better about the attitude thing, but I still have some ways to go I won't deny that. As far as the random replays, I haven't watched I don't really recall the aqua game, but I don't find undervalueing as terrible, unless I leaked then yes bad. For the revs I think that was the game that I mixed a bottom feeder. I been trying something new with my revs and bottoms trying to see what works. Also, when I play with people I don't know well I'm more lax and not as focused on the game at times. I think that random replays are important, but not all my games are well. I'm still trying to learn different builds to be able to play a more well rounded caliber of builds. While I do not play every game perfect, most of my games are well. I know that everyone plays well with aqua engi and ea, but I have games that I play equally as well with other units, muds nm phan to name a few. I don't want you to think that I can only play well with certain units. I do appreciate the lengthy reviews, haza I wish you could have told me how you would have played it as in what differently would you have done that I didn't. But all in all thank you guys!!

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Hm well. It wasn't a thorough review as the mistakes you did were pretty critical and I stopped after noticing them.

Revenant: was not crab mix, was pure revs. You did well, but just remember 3 basic things with revs:
1: Unless you get low send on level 3, you pretty much need to stay max 2/0 to hold/clear the wave. They sent on level 2, which revenants rape, so you coulda pushed 3/0 with 5 revs for level 3. As you noticed, thought, 4/0 you leak w/o send so...
2: You need to build full for level 6, as it is another hard level for revs.
3: Hard to hold level 8, too, unless you do a good mix. Revs are also great on level 7. I usually either try to mix and freehold 7 when possible, or push 7/2 and hold level 8. Then 7/3 for 10, ~~ around those lines.

There are always units you won't be accustomed to, as you don't like / play them a lot. The important is just to know their pros and cons.

Regarding aqua, I think you did 400 for level 4, which is too much, 350ish / 370 holds easily. For level 5, minimum is pretty much 530 value, but you need a good placement. Even good placement, you can easily leak level 5, hence why some usually go 570 on level 5. Though, I didn't care much about your lvl 5 value this game as you could expect a send, so underbuilding to push would be fine in such a case. Level 6, though, pushed too much and you added a tier 1 IIRC, to totalize 550 value. Level 6 is like level 5, it's hard to predict. You can hold once in a blue moon with ~~570, but 600 is the safer play, even if it can still leak sometimes. 550 with multiple tier1 was just never going to hold. I can't recall correctly either, but given how many creeps you leaked on level 6, you probably should not have pushed, in order to hold level 8, which you leaked.

At this point, you're already a weak aqua, whatever you do. Building for 9 was a very bad idea. I COULD understand if you built all-in for level 10 cuz your team sucked hard, and you almost killed 1 boss that way. Though, normally, you'd just push 7/6 or 7/7 during 8 and leak 9. Aqua can allow you to push that much while being weak and yet still decide what's best for your team 10+; do you want to leak 11-14 and send 15? or do you want to hold 11 / 12 and make it a 17 game.

@im_halp

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:15 am

@hazardous thank you!! I understand those were two bad games, and why you stopped abruptly the first time. Yea I'm not sure what happened those two games, it was prolly during my downhill when I lost near 200 Elo lol. But I will definitely try and follow your advice and test it out and see how I fair. I can't say my intentions for those games as I honestly don't remember. We can talk more about builds tomorrow instead of here, but thank you very much I like to see how other people view builds so I can either steal it or combine with mine to make best , so thank you.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:28 am

If I may, I would like to say that I reviewed those two games since I was surprised that HazarDous could get to such a different conclusion than me and I got two things to say:

1. That revenants game he picked was really shitty, you overbuilt every lvl basically after being underbuilt at lvl 3. You had no push (late push) and no hold.. which is the worst case senario. When playing revs I usually try to mix, since it's really a weak unit 3-5-6-8.

2. That aqua game really wasn't that bad. He might have been underbuilt, but it really is fine since he pushed great and had a very ob ygg to cover his potential leaks. So this really is not a big deal.. actually it is a great move in my opinion, since he adapts to his team's builds and doesn't build brainlessly. Simply for this replay, I would give him a trial tbh.
- Beastman (2017)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:53 am

I reviewed 4 replays. Ygg, the dream game on engi and the 2 random ones. For the first 2, I agree with your reviews, good games. Though the rev game pretty much changed my mind. While aqua in itself wasn't catastrophic, I wouldn't categorize it as a good game as I doubt the money he gained on push actually made it worth with regards with money he lost on creeps. IIRC, team could have used a good aqua/blaster combo 11-14, too.

I appreciate time you put in to review replays and I won't pretend my opinion on the vouch requests matters more than yours. I do like to be certain one is ready before adding him, though. I just don't like the discrepancy between the replays he provided and the ones I picked at random. I will either await more input or just check out 1-2 more random replays with the hope that they are more on par with the ones he provided before making a decision on this. Though, if you have the time to review random replays of his (and find them good), I will happily rely on your reviews to give him a trial, @Kiwi .

fogey
Resource Storage

Postby fogey » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:21 am

!support

SLSGuennter
Protector of Nature

Postby SLSGuennter » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 am

Kiwi wrote:All in all, I do think that skill-wise, you are ready for a trial. You showed the capacity to yolo, to hold and to mix. Also, you are talkative and seem to have a good understanding of the different aspects of the game. Therefrom, based on the games I played with you and on the replays I reviewed, I will give you my !support.

On a side note, if you wish to succeed during your trial, and later, and to develop at your full potential, you will need to be careful with your attitude.

You aint even vouched man :P
Gunther and the Sunshine-Girls. Hell Yeah

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 am

@slsguennter according to the rules anyone can comment here, vouched or unvouched.

"All players are welcome to post feedback about your attitude and skill in your vouch request, but ultimately it is up to the LIHL moderators to decide the outcome of your vouch request."

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 am

I am vouched.
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
Im_Halp (Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:01 am)
- Beastman (2017)

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm

I (PhucDatElo/TeachRolls) put a lot of hours into 1200+ before I applied into LIHL in June. What I'm wondering is that I very rarely came across any of your aliases prior to that and by looking at your aliases specific statistics I can't see a bulk amount of 1200+ games being played under any. (Why is this?)

I won't pretend to say anything about your replays as there are people who will go through them to analyze those in detail. Based on what I've read on ENT forums there's been issues with your character and the very few games I shared with you I could recognize these traits. Then again I'm going on a limb here and generalize a bit but imo this isn't at all unusual with North-American players. I have been playing various competetive games online since 2005 and NA communities have always been the more toxic counterparts.

Also no matter what anyone says - random replays are important.
TeachRolls

Return to “Denied”