[DOTA] calmwave@uswest

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

pinheadlarry
Forest Walker

[DOTA] calmwave@uswest

Postby pinheadlarry » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:58 am

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9180042
Game Name: [ENT] DotA apem us/ca #24
Your Warcraft III Username: pinheadlarry
Violator's Warcraft III Username: calmwave
Violated Rule(s): Fountain Sit And Refusal to Defend
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): 20 mins -onward
Any further thoughts:

I know the syllabear-only strategy is a controversial one but the way calmwave played it in my opinion is bannable. While he did generate kills and assists, he 100% refused to leave the fountain and do even simple tasks with his main such as pull creeps off of rax.
(41:13 / Allied) pinheadlarry: dfend brown
(45:39 / Allied) pinheadlarry: dfend
(45:42 / Allied) pinheadlarry: u must
(45:46 / Allied) pinheadlarry: its the rules
(46:52 / Allied) pinheadlarry: no bear now and he wont do anything but sit

By the end of the game he was useless (only level 12) and only walked around trying to snipe kills with his dagon bear. When his bear spell is on CD he will just sat there till it CD. The way calmwave played the bear showed no motivation to win but rather feed his k/d since he is untouchable in the fountain. Had he jungled or started farming items for his main, and leveled, I would have had no issue with his strategy.

He also flamed like crazy... not that it may be bannable in itself, but it certainly showed toxic teamplay.

Quentin
Treant

Re: [DOTA] calmwave@uswest

Postby Quentin » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:10 am

Hello,

I watched the replay and this strategy is allowed (I use to do it always when I play syllabear - which I don't play often to be honest).
He farmed radiance woods with hero + bear, killed 2 ennemies in the process, then stay in foutain and play only with bear in order to avoid being killed.
This is not against the rules.

He used radiance on bear + blade mail + dagon in order to be efficient and to kill ennemies. It leads to 6 kills for him by the end of the game + 10 assists where he sometimes contributed more than you (which can be considered as stealing, but it is allowed as well).

He could have played differently, but he did nothing wrong there.
He could have farmed woods with his hero, or defended creeps sometimes, but it would have been dangerous: the opponent team had bara + spectre + zeus so he could have been killed easily (with no items). That's why he did not want to risk it.

This request is denied.

Return to “Processed Requests”