[CW] Feeder, Romanator, CargiCiv US East

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

Deckman559
Basic Tree

[CW] Feeder, Romanator, CargiCiv US East

Postby Deckman559 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 am

Replay Link: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9502805
Game Name: [ent] civilization wars #58
Your Warcraft III Username: King_Gex
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Feeder, Romanator, CargiCiv
Violated Rule(s): Unwilling to draw or kick
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): 3 mins and many other times
Any further thoughts: We had a troll on our team who did not listen Linker. We asked many times for kick or draw and enemy team would not agree. We end up losing game bc of this.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: [CW] Feeder, Romanator, CargiCiv US East

Postby Unitil » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:39 am

Below is my personal opinion on the claims above, and what I've observed from the chat logs and watching the replay.

Unwilling to draw
Spoiler!
Drawing in a game is not a requirement, and is a vote. If an individual does not wish to draw the game then you must continue playing.

There were people in the game that did not believe Blue was trolling when you first attempted to draw the game:

Code: Select all

5:22    [All] FEEDER: i dont get why
5:25    [All] FEEDER: blue isn't trolling
5:29    [All] King_Gex: he is troll
5:33    [Allies] Linker: no
5:36    [All] FEEDER: but why
5:37    [Allies] Linker: red is troller
5:43    [All] FEEDER: i dont get in what he is trolling
5:55    [All] King_Gex: look at him
5:59    [All] King_Gex: 1.2k gold
6:29    [All] FEEDER: just reac buildings and try
6:36    [All] King_Gex: he wont do anything

Unwilling to kick
Spoiler!
Though you may not have agreed with how Linker played the game, he actually only has 7 games played in total with a record of 1/6. He may have been newer to the game, and was offered no guidance at the start prior to a vote kick being initiated.

Your initial vote kick had no base since he was not intentionally trying to ruin the game, and you offered no actual guidance prior to initiating your vote kick.

Code: Select all

Chat logs leading up to first vote kick attempt:
3:16    [All] King_Gex: we must kick blue
3:16    [All] CagriCiv: y?
3:16    [All] FEEDER: why
3:16    [Allies] Linker: why
3:16    [All] King_Gex: he only build 2 camps
3:16    [All] King_Gex: 1.2k gold
3:16    [All] CagriCiv: blue?
3:16    [All] King_Gex: y
3:16    [All] CagriCiv: kk
3:16    [All] CagriCiv: !draw
3:16    [All] Romanator: Player [CagriCiv] has voted to draw the game. 4 more votes are needed to pass the draw vote.
3:16    [Allies] King_Gex: !votekick link

Attempting an early vote-kick on an individual can cause them to clamp up and spite you. The individual was not attempting a team kill at this point in time, and the vote had not solid base for being initiated since he broke no rules.

Concluding Thoughts
Though Linker did end up ignoring you for the remainder of the game, I believe this was in conjunction with you attempting a vote kick on him early on in the game. His 1/6 record does reflect that he is more than likely newer to the game, however, that is not a reason to kick an individual from the game.

You have to realize that not everyone is a veteran at every custom map, and may need guidance. Turning on your teammate at the first sign of trouble does not help with the end game. Had you actually offered advise in a clear knowledgeable way he may have listened to your advise for building.

I do not believe perpetuating this further with a ban is wise. There were issues between you two since the start of the game which dragged onto the end of the game also. It's not as though he was attempting to team kill on purpose, and the vote-kick attempt was not deserved.

I do not believe any ENT rules were broken with regards to your claims above.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: [CW] Feeder, Romanator, CargiCiv US East

Postby Quetra » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:10 pm

The votekick at the start of the game was reasonable considering it looked very much like Linker was afk, holding large amounts of gold and having only 1 camp after 2 minutes or so of gameplay. Viewing the replay you can see he was actually making actions in the form of cancelling/queing upgrades, but since he was not actually building any camps from the other players perspective it looks like he is trolling or afk. His actions at the start basically amount to not playing the game at all, and with seven games played he should know by now to use his gold on camps. It's the very basic first thing you learn in the very first game, that you need camps to upgrade later.

Once it was obvious he was actually there after the first votekick Gex did try and teach him and he refused to cooperate and learn. Linker was obviously not happy about the votekick attempt which probably contributed to him not listening, but in my opinion it was legitimate given the apparent afk, and even so, refusing to cooperate and learn the game is still against the rules.

The player who consistetly refused to vote was feeder, who has a history of playing with linker and obviously just didn't want to kick his friend. I didn't see any evidence linker was throwing the game for his friend however, and they both have bad stats regardless so it doesn't look like elo boosting.

linker#europe.battle.net banned 3 day for TK by refusing to cooperate.

feeder#europe.battle.net banned 1 day for refusing to VK game ruiner.

@Deckman559

Processing.

Return to “Processed Requests”