[DOTA]Now@useast

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

padokais
Basic Tree

[DOTA]Now@useast

Postby padokais » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:47 am

Replay Link: http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 022781.w3g
Game Name: [ENT] Dota apem us/ca #7
Your Warcraft III Username: padokais@europe
Violator's Warcraft III Username: Now@useast
Violated Rule(s): block me
Time of Violation (in-game or replay): > 23 min
Any further thoughts: At the end Now@useast and SamIradelphic@useast block me. They ruined all my game
Last edited by padokais on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nitromon
Treant

Re: [DOTA]Now@useast

Postby nitromon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 pm

padokais
Basic Tree

Postby padokais » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:19 pm

thanks I edited this

Now
Aura Tree

Postby Now » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:58 am

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:36 pm

It all starts at 13:00 (elapsed time in replay) after Techies grab the runes that Tiny wanted.

-Now (Furion) says ''vision'' and teleports at a ward spot just near bot rune, for no legit reason.
-Then SamIradelphic (Tiny) tosses Techies at Furion on the cliff which results in Techies being stuck.
-Later on (15:00), Techies buy TP's and as soon as he teleports, tiny blinks at him and tosses him to cancel his TP.
-Tiny attemps doing same as above at 17:00 but fails.
-At 25:00 they chase techies down and use sprout on him multiple times, sort of bullying.
-They were both whispering each other to bully him.

Now the real question is, would have they done the same on a regular 5v5 game.

@Now you realize runes are free-to-take to anyone right? And that techies did not deserve what you did to him? Your input please.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:01 am

@Essenze @beerlord

I personally feel you are way too lenient. I wanted to comment on BRQ for SamIradelphic, but it was processed. You instructed in both that thread and this thread that runes are "free-to-take" and there is no rule regarding who should take the rune. Fact is, there is no such thing as "rune stealing" since there is no rule barring anyone from taking it.

The fact remains, this techie did not break any rules, however SamIradelphic and Now both did. Not only did they "break rules," they were "vicious" in bullying another player. So I feel your ruling in the other thread was way too lenient and also wrongfully equated them both as "same" by giving them both warnings. Techies, again, did not break any rules, the other 2 did.

Concerning the techie provoking him. I disagree. Techies playing as any player would, he sees rune, he takes it. He is not obligated to surrender the rune to anyone even if they have a bottle. There is no rule regarding it. However, he started taunting them BECAUSE these two were calling him idiot and flaming him for supposely stealing the runes. Techies did not start this, they did.

(10:54 / Allied) SamIradelphic: let me bottle
(10:59 / Allied) SamIradelphic: idiot
(10:59 / Allied) padokais: a coin ?

It is common in a DOTA game for people to get heated and there is often a lot of unnecessary flaming at times. But none of it justify a person breaking the rules by forcing "ff" with bot impersonation, griefing at the fountain, or in this case abuse their abilities (which is a serious offense). It's impact on the game outcome is irrelevant, these 2 are bullies. You are giving them a free pass and setting a dangerous precedence in the DOTA community.

Thank you.

newbiewithcarry
Resource Storage

Postby newbiewithcarry » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:41 am

I agree with @nitromon, I let my game link speak for itself. I was getting vk and accused for game ruin and this game really upped another level. Really toxic behaviour.

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9960304
These users thanked the author newbiewithcarry for the post:
nitromon (Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:18 am)

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:23 am

I think too much is being read into this. Most of the time we dont ban to punish, but rather to educate with respect to rules and acceptable game play. Hence the appeal process, which is pretty lenient right? Just demonstrate to us you understand the rule in play, and commit to trying not to break it again. With the previous brq regarding Now, this was all accomplished on the request. Now gave a good rendition of why he tilted, what he was thinking, and expressed regret and assurance that this would not be repeated. This is exactly what we are looking for here. Certainly the effect on the outcome of the game is taken into consideration for these types of actions. This had no effect. Thirdly, if one is going to engage in childish flaming which invites players to act out in ways that bring the issue here, I am in general less sympathetic. It's a team game, players need to act like grown ups. If the result is truly heinous or game changing then of course what provoked it doesnt matter as much or at all. But this was not that. I think Essenze handled the other request very well, and was diplomatic with his resolution.
Denied.
These users thanked the author BeerLord for the post:
Essenze (Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:48 pm)

Return to “Processed Requests”