Second opinion

Approved or denied ban requests are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

bigtits
Treant

Second opinion

Postby bigtits » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:41 am

Replay Link: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=142261
Game Name:
Your Warcraft III Username:
Violator's Warcraft III Username:
Violated Rule(s):
Time of Violation (in-game or replay):
Any further thoughts:

Hey, i disagree with snowwy about his decision, but it's things who happened.

I disagree because since a guy deciding to ignore the "main player" (especially for no reason), this is 1st of all up to him to ask the plan before to do anything
2nd if i ignore someone, i wait on "main levels like 7" to see if someone send before to do it
3rd it was obvious we were going king, because we already started king attack before he did his solo send (not hp ofc because we always wait the round to start before to do it).

He don't deserve a warning for it but like 3 days ban.
@merex @falenga @unitil

PS: i checked all appeals he solved he did a good job even if im not an admin to decide about that i have enough experience to said it :D

Snoobzzz
Resource Storage

Re: Second opinion

Postby Snoobzzz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 am

I have to agree with him on this on. I think Snowwy didnt make the right decision in this case.
This is for sure bannable.

After watching the replay its so obvious that he was solo sending on purpose.
He did mute iambignoob, but there is more chatting going on that game.

(10:55 / Allied) Kubalus: are we going 7?
he doesnt respond to blue's question at all.

(11:12 / Allied) iambignoob: no we don't
(11:13 / Allied) iambignoob: just king
iambignoob and O__O starting to up king. still no response from red, no question, nothing.
he couldve asked after seeing they up king. or tell the team his thoughts on what to do.

(12:01 / Allied) Kubalus: can you speak about plan before spend wood?
blue is confused and didnt get that they do king as well ? still no interaction with the team from red.

(12:08 / Allied) O__O: we told u
red starts to send. even tho blue is asking again what they are doing and red should at least noticed now that the already kinged. doesnt wait for the team and just sends.
(12:10 / Allied) O__O: save for hp
(12:11 / Allied) O__O: now

even continues sending after this msg.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:28 am

From my perspective, I would need more than a single instance of this occurring for it to be bannable and this could have been chalked up to a lot of different reasons why Smaug sent on 7 and didn't realize you were upgrading king. If you are the 'main player' and he chooses to ignore you, someone else should relay anything you say to him or repeat it in their own words. Yes I agree he should also ask what the plan is but I do feel generally it can work both ways. There are also guidelines that I must follow and discretion I must use when deciding on a warning or a ban and on this singular instance of Smaug sending full, I do not feel it quite reaches the boundaries of a ban.

I could be wrong though and other staff may have a difference of opinion and I am all for learning if that is the case, I will let a different member of staff review this of course since you are after a second opinion.

Thank you for being understanding.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:47 am

Not every kind of behaviour that is gamedestroying is bannable per se. Miscommunication even with malicious intend is not always covered by the rule set and he was given a warning here. You should also leave a door open for him and not let the personal issue with the player he ignored get to define moderation as well.

Snoobzzz
Resource Storage

Postby Snoobzzz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142160&p=550247&hilit=smaug#p550247

Maybe combine this 2 cases and make the decision afterwards. In this case the force/solo send is even more obvious.

SnowwyWolf
Treant

Postby SnowwyWolf » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:03 pm

Snoobzzz wrote:https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142160&p=550247&hilit=smaug#p550247

Maybe combine this 2 cases and make the decision afterwards. In this case the force/solo send is even more obvious.

Just got round to that thread, the user has been banned for 2 days.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142160

legiontdgrrr
ENT Staff

Postby legiontdgrrr » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 pm

smaug is banned 2 days for refuse too cooperate(solo send lvl7)
warning also woud be ok if he stop sending after furb and 2 hermits
but he send more (+1 furb + 2 3 hermits) even when he realize team is not sending lvl 7
seBastian Kimi is FASTER then you

Return to “Processed Requests”