Report of people signing to early

Moderator: LIHL Staff

schrumpfi
Aura Tree

Report of people signing to early

Postby schrumpfi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:30 pm

Since i have the time now cause i wa8 since 10 Minutes for early signers from another game that not ended yet i will use this time to report this people here. The game name is lihl42m and we are waiting for achillesgr and meshtarius. Its a really bad manner to sign this early and let all other players w8. Plz give this people at least a warning if this thing happens more.

Thanks

TeachRolls
Armored Tree

Re: Report of people signing to early

Postby TeachRolls » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Waiting in the lobby as I type this. The system is flawed and needs fixing but players should know better to not abuse it and have the decency to wait till their game is certainly ending.

Edit;
https://www.upload.ee/image/7501419/LIHL_lobby.jpg

Duration 17min and counting
TeachRolls

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:05 pm

First of all I apologize for the tk sign, we both expected gg and both teams ended the wave with 0 heals and 15% king.
Also I want to say that same thing happened to me couple of times, waiting for people who signed too early and game didn't end. I am not saying that it makes ok what we did, because it doesn't but it also makes it relatively common. Before i started signing earlier i got sniped all the time, so annoying as it is, its what most players do to avoid being sniped. I also hope some satisfying solution will be found so players, me included, don't sign early but also what is more important, a solution so people don't have to sign early to avoid getting sniped.

About your waiting time... I waited almost 30 mins once for people who signed like that but I also knew there was no one else to fill their spot because we kept asking for people to be swapped out in channel. So waiting with a game that is created and can also be unhosted at any point, or waiting in channel for people to sign for the game, I really don't see much difference. You could have done the same instead of making a drama about it because, as I said, this situation is not uncommon at all. Not trying to absolve myself here still, because our signing was pure tk, its just I am a kind of guy who would rather find a solution by asking in channel for people to be swapped or start a discussion in forum how to avoid this problem and not just vent my anger by reporting us for something most players do. But maybe that's just me.

Peace out, Meshtar

schrumpfi
Aura Tree

Postby schrumpfi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Only cause its common at the moment it doesnt justify it. Its not allowed to don't show up not matter the reason - and if u sign so early u risk it so its ur own fault. I have to sit some games because i sign to slow but i never didn't show up cause i was sitting in a not ending game. I was raging during the last games enough of this early sign so i begin today to report if not showing up that. Its not personal vs you but u take the risk of that with ur early sign to get an advantage - now the risk comes back to you.
These users thanked the author schrumpfi for the post:
milfhunter96 (Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:39 am)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:59 pm

Well, as i was announced by Hazard, lihl moderation will start ban those cases reported as this case. It is not only disrespectful for the people waiting in lobby but also for the players that get sniped that are focused on playing the actual game.

I am the first one who is guilty of this, i admit i have done this mistake before, however it wasnt reported and neither processed.

At the point we are, we need to wait for the technical fixing, in the meantime we will process only reported cases, and all of them will get a day unvouch as first offense.

So as this is the first report for the case of sign while playing a game that doesnt end, we create the precedent.

@mesthar
@achillesgr

Banned 1 day for sign while playing making another game start while ur game doesnt end.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Lol!
Don't get me wrong, nobody likes the situation as it is and I like that you try to proceed such cases now.
However, there is imo no way you can make a new ruling now and ban people for what they did before this rule even existed. Especially when this happens literally every game and you can also not absolve yourself from this... You will have your precedent case in no time when people keep doing it!

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks for support Jamo, but its fine really :) . I take that ban np, its a new rule and I knew it existed even though early signing is all over lihl. Maybe this will make people think twice before doing it now. I understand what they want to achieve so I take the ban and won't appeal also.
Need to reduce the amount of drama so lets not blow this out of proportions :)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Jamo wrote:Lol!
Don't get me wrong, nobody likes the situation as it is and I like that you try to proceed such cases now.
However, there is imo no way you can make a new ruling now and ban people for what they did before this rule even existed. Especially when this happens literally every game and you can also not absolve yourself from this... You will have your precedent case in no time when people keep doing it!

I quote announcement on discord done on 16 sept

Hazardous - 09/16/2017
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=117417
If you are !signed to a game, you must join it and must not go afk for extensive periods of time.
After a player has been away from the keyboard longer than 5 minutes (use !afk to check), he can be kicked without question.
tl;dr; You are allowed to report players who !sign for a game, but don't join it within 5 minutes (they thought it was over, but it did not end). LIHL Staff will start acting upon those. Please have the decency to at least wait to see if the enemy king dies before signing.

Its not like i have created a rule out of nowhere @jamo

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:51 pm

its no new rule. if you dont join the game after 5 minutes you are subject to be unvouched.
its always been like that. just cause noone report it doesnt mean the rule is not intact.

Code: Select all

If you are !signed to a game, you must join it and must not go afk for extensive periods of time.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Just have one question though for future reference. Will players get unvouched if they get reported for not joining the games they signed for only due to being in another game that didn't end, or also people who didn't join for other reasons like they forgot they signed, went afk too long etc?

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 am

well, I guess if they just don't show up, you always find someone to swap in so nobody cares and nobody reports.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:36 am

Meshtar wrote:Just have one question though for future reference. Will players get unvouched if they get reported for not joining the games they signed for only due to being in another game that didn't end, or also people who didn't join for other reasons like they forgot they signed, went afk too long etc?

What Jamo said.

People usually don't report.. because shit happens and can just swap someone in. The new snipe-sign (sign before sending) has simply blown out of proportion.

Return to “Processed Cases”