Haza 400 value delay towers

Moderator: LIHL Staff

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: Haza 400 value delay towers

Postby dweiler » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:34 pm

So we have the confusion about the rule on delay. I have talked with Hazardous about it, and it seems there is a confusion about what actually is a 'delay tower'. He feels like he set the precedent that units that were built close to being on the same line are regarded as belonging to 'the same army', while a more general explanation in the league is that if they attack together they are the same army, and otherwise not.

But even IF we consider this to be not so clear on the rule, then still the build on level 14 is in neither of the theories what constitutes a delay tower okay, it both split and was nowhere close on the same line.

Spoiler!
lvl 14 tot.png
lvl 14 tot.png (1.49 MiB) Viewed 901 times

Also there was a split on level 15, which, even if it was not intentional as claimed, should have been anticipated, since there already was a split on level 14. All in all, the play was just very sketchy and stretching the rules on purpose, it was not okay. Like Anda said, if someone wishes to make it a report who was in the game, feel free to do so.

Then regarding the vagueness of the rule. It seems like everything is stretched nowadays, and needs to be put in clear judicial terms. I find that a shame, I think with common sense we should be able to understand the rule, but apparently it needs to be spelled out in detail. However, we did rephrase the rule on delay towers, clearly constituting what we see as a delay tower. This is the definition we will follow when judging similar situations:

"'don't build more than 120 gold value delay towers. We consider towers a delay tower if they are built seperately of the main army, or if they do not fight with the main army within a few seconds on a lane that is not trying to hold without being forced by massing by the enemy"

We have added the clause of fighting 'within a few seconds', to prevent people building in such a way that their last unit comes in last second, which has the same effect as hazardous' TOT. We also added 'a lane that is not trying to hold', because it feels ridiculous that if someone somehow splits while trying to hold should be banned. Also, people should not be banned if splitting because of a massing send. If you have comments or suggestions to constitute 'delaying towers' better, let us know.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:53 pm

the penalty was insisted on. Hazardous unvouched for 48 hours.

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Postby FateStayNight » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:55 pm

i also think its common sense that this is 100%a corner delay no doubt bout that and i also doubt anyone else thinks this could in anyway belong to the main army.
its the same with the ghost discussion i had with haza, for me telling someone how to place t1 effects the game way too much, suddently a person whos on avg 700 elo starts making play like a 1300+ elo. For me it seems it was always clear an obs has no right to tell someone how to build on certain level that is not in the past.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:27 am

Obvious delay is obvious.

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 am

yea ban him during tk weekend im sure he wont b too disappointed

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:47 am

do i choose the time of a violation ? jesus christ man....

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 am

Snowblind wrote:do i choose the time of a violation ? jesus christ man....

i wish :P

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:56 am

i love you 2 :D

Return to “Processed Cases”