BA_Fail

Moderator: LIHL Staff

dweiler
Plague Treant

BA_Fail

Postby dweiler » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Player BA_Fail is unvouched for 2 days for prematurely leaving a game: https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=1693962

The rule is to play out a game until it certainly has ended. This means you have to play until the king is dead or certainly about to die, it is forbidden to leave when things just look bad, leaving your ally alone in the game.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

HealByColor
Donator

Re: BA_Fail

Postby HealByColor » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Not promoting this behavior but you know as well as I do its impossible to win a 2v3 in lihl.... Really a waste of time.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 pm

This is the rule:

General rules

Do not leave before the game has certainly ended, especialy if no other players have left.

The rule says you cannot leave before the game has certainly ended, not when you are certain you lose. If we ment this with the rule it would have said "do not leave before you are certain you lose the game".

The game has certainly ended when the king is either about to die or has died and since BA_Fail left inbetween 2 rounds this could never have been the case.

Edit: Also, I lost a 3v2 in LIHL :P
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

BA_Fail
Forest Walker

Postby BA_Fail » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Damn next time I'll pretend the power went out at least that way I don't get unvouched.

This rule is just stupid, but I'll take a 2 day ban over listening to drahque bitch for 10 more minutes

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Next time just play the game out.

If we suspect you are PP'ing you will get another unvouch and that will be a longer one since it would be your second violation.

Also stop flaming Drahque, as you can read in the forum rules it is not allowed to intentionally insult people.

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:20 pm

HealByColor wrote:Not promoting this behavior but you know as well as I do its impossible to win a 2v3 in lihl.... Really a waste of time.

I've won a 1vs2 in LIhl once, nothing is impossible!
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

BA_Fail
Forest Walker

Postby BA_Fail » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:26 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Next time just play the game out.

If we suspect you are PP'ing you will get another unvouch and that will be a longer one since it would be your second violation.

What I don't understand is why I get a harsher punishment then shroom who dced in the first place. west got the elo they wanted, everybody saved some time, everyone is happier because of it. I'm sure wasting another 10 minutes to make sure I see YOU LOSE in bold letters will reinforce my already very happy mood from playing with the wonderful drahque

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Also stop flaming Drahque, as you can read in the forum rules it is not allowed to intentionally insult people.

Its fact not flaming, I never insulted him even though it may seem like it from the negative attitude you may have of him. Just read the chat log, complaining (i didn't say bitching this time, o woops now I did!) about losing once shroom dced, even saying it in all chat.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:45 pm

You voluntarily left because an ally has disconnected, leaving your other ally to play 3v1, giving him an even smaller chance to win than he already had. There was no direct risk of your king dying at the moment. I think it is common sense why this is not allowed - you play the game until it is over, and you don't ruin your ally's chances. As both Diablo_ and I have now confirmed, playing with 1 player less does not automatically lead to a loss.

Shroom disconnected, but I have looked at it and I don't see any signs that it was intentional, so I have applied a DC-penalty on him.

As for the insult, you are right. The term 'bitching' is unfriendly, but not an insult. I thought you ment Drahque is a bitch and not Drahque is bitching. Must be because English is my 3rd language ;) Sorry for that!

Drahque
Donator

Postby Drahque » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:11 pm

BA_Fail wrote:This rule is just stupid, but I'll take a 2 day ban over listening to drahque bitch for 10 more minutes

You have the ability to ignore a person, you should try use it, it does indeed help if things get intense.

BA_Fail wrote: I'm sure wasting another 10 minutes to make sure I see YOU LOSE in bold letters will reinforce my already very happy mood from playing with the wonderful drahque

Now that, I do take kinda personal and statistics for tell another story. Last time we played, were about 2 days ago, where you went all the up to 1384 elo, but since that, you've dropped over 100 elo? Then in this game, you blame me for your losses. But, if we did compare eachother a week ago, we had 19 wins 7 loss. That's better than anyone I've tried to compare before. Now it's like 21 wins 12 loss, which is still great, so I don't see any reason for you to blame me for your losses.

I just find it kind of ironic, that I was left all alone in this game, and when it was over, I could find you being in another game for 7 minutes. So, your preaching about how not to waste 10 more minutes, but you let 4 other people do the job instead? While you're having fun in a new game? That's kinda double moral.
- And doesn't this break the rule about being signed for more than 1 game, since, according to !gn, he would be in 2 at once.

BA_Fail
Forest Walker

Postby BA_Fail » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:17 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote: I think it is common sense why this is not allowed - you play the game until it is over, and you don't ruin your ally's chances.

I assumed his constant complaining was due to him not wanting to play it out, especially him saying omg we lose, shroom took all my value.

Drahque wrote:You have the ability to ignore a person, you should try use it, it does indeed help if things get intense.

I had no idea I could do this, It would of saved me a lot of trouble if I knew I could.

BA_Fail wrote: I'm sure wasting another 10 minutes to make sure I see YOU LOSE in bold letters will reinforce my already very happy mood from playing with the wonderful drahque

Drahque wrote:Now that, I do take kinda personal and statistics for tell another story. Last time we played, were about 2 days ago, where you went all the up to 1384 elo, but since that, you've dropped over 100 elo? Then in this game, you blame me for your losses. But, if we did compare eachother a week ago, we had 19 wins 7 loss. That's better than anyone I've tried to compare before. Now it's like 21 wins 12 loss, which is still great, so I don't see any reason for you to blame me for your losses.

I just find it kind of ironic, that I was left all alone in this game, and when it was over, I could find you being in another game for 7 minutes. So, your preaching about how not to waste 10 more minutes, but you let 4 other people do the job instead? While you're having fun in a new game? That's kinda double moral.
- And doesn't this break the rule about being signed for more than 1 game, since, according to !gn, he would be in 2 at once.

I only blamed you for losses when i specifically said in game that its a dumb idea to not up king or to send on a certain level, and that if we lose you will take the blame. That's happened like 5 times and you still don't learn anything, and I deal with the same bullshit every game. I never blamed you for any losses unless you tell me to do something else. I'm one of the few people who are willing to compromise with you as I understand you aren't that bad of a player.

you've met eldryan before, thats exactly how you are. You make me and I'm sure many others feel like that when we play with you.

Sad thing is you don't deserve to be that low in elo, but your character is whats ruining. And no matter what me or any other person says you won't understand that

Drahque
Donator

Postby Drahque » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:44 pm

BA_Fail wrote:I only blamed you for losses when i specifically said in game that its a dumb idea to not up king or to send on a certain level, and that if we lose you will take the blame. That's happened like 5 times and you still don't learn anything, and I deal with the same bullshit every game. I never blamed you for any losses unless you tell me to do something else. I'm one of the few people who are willing to compromise with you as I understand you aren't that bad of a player.

Well, in order to win a game, you'd need to take risks - which saving for a huge-send to K.O. always will be. You're right, that we should've upped after 14 as well, but I did indeed not expect demons already at 17, when they had just send 13. Which is also why I did build anti-20. Another time just make it more clear, why we should up the king, because I had no clue about them sending on 17, all I read, was you asking why I had 1700 lumber when you only had 600, which to me, doesn't seem like a reason to up king. I mean, in order to convince me, you must give me a reason to. Anyways, as I've said before, I do appreciate that you do compromise with me, and another just, please don't be afraid of repeating yourself, if you think we're doing the wrong thing. I mean, just say more clearly, that you want to upgrade king and for what reason. :)

BA_Fail wrote:Sad thing is you don't deserve to be that low in elo, but your character is whats ruining. And no matter what me or any other person says you won't understand that

Thanks for the constructive feedback, I do indeed appreciate you being honest. I will indeed be trying to work on that, but it's not gonna be easy for me. Since my biggest problem is that I'm autistic, which means I'm having a hard time communicating with other people, often causing me to missunderstand them, as well as people missunderstanding me. Often people take my suggestions or way of talking personal, when it in my mind never were thought of being so.

Well, I do hope we are cool again, and we will play again sometime. At least, I'm quite sure we can get some good teamwork going on, as long as we keep our head cold and focus on the game. =)

dark_magician
Resource Storage

Postby dark_magician » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 am

To be fair, 2 other players 'only' got DC penalties for leaving games (without factoring how others felt)
1) viewtopic.php?f=83&t=11286
2) viewtopic.php?f=83&t=9247

I fail to see why this is any different?
Might pay to watch the replays (and read the chat logs), particularly of the first game above.

Perhaps a rule change could be in order to differentiate the penalty between leaving a game prematurely and disconnecting - after BA_fail is back in action (be it within the next few hours or 2 days). Though that leads to the issue of PP instead of rage quit... but that's another issue.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 pm

In the 2 cases you show the players had to leave for reasons beyond their control. Furbolg's tournament started earlier and Duckie had family obligations. In BA_Fail's case, he had more than 1 hour, shown by the fact he played games after. There was no such thing as a bad timing, or things beyond his control. He just left because he felt there was not much chance of winning, with that deliberately ruining his ally's chances.

Because it is BA_Fail's first offense I am willing to revise the length of the unvouch, but not when he says he is gonna pp next time and those kind of things.

BA_Fail
Forest Walker

Postby BA_Fail » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:59 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote:Because it is BA_Fail's first offense I am willing to revise the length of the unvouch, but not when he says he is gonna pp next time and those kind of things.

Please re-read what I said, it was a joke meant to show how ridiculous the rules were, where people can plug pull and get away with it but me saying anything was the only reason I got this punishment. If I didn't say anything and closed wc3, and re opened it I wouldn't be having this situation. And I thought you knew me better, I wouldn't purposely do stuff like that.

Don't change the length of the ban either, rules are rules and should be enforced. If you're going to ban me at least do it properly and do it for the time it tells you to

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:15 pm

That there are cases where we don't catch a violator does not mean we should not punish people that violate that we do catch. If there are 20 people maphacking and only 1 we catch I am not gonna let him go because we can't catch the others. A violation is a violation.

You leave me no choice but unvouching you when you just leave a game and leave your ally to play 1v3. This is against the rule and, frankly, bad mannered too.

You show no signs of any regret or any understanding why the rule is that you have to play until the end, and it worries me, because I fear it might happen again then. Try to stick with the rule. If you don't agree with the rule, you can post a suggestion for an improvement of the rule in the LIHL section of the forum. I am always willing to listen to suggestions, but not when you get no further than saying it is a stupid rule and that it's better to pp next time.

Return to “Processed Cases”