Fiji lost control

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Anda
LIHL Staff

Re: Fiji lost control

Postby Anda » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 pm

It is a nuisance to discuss in processed cases on and on and on.We have had an internal discussion and i am allowed to judge this case like i felt it should be handled.I was under the impression that i can not do that being restricted due to ENT/ LIHL policy, but i was assured i can.I felt i had to judge this case the way i did while being myself very disappointed of the result of my judgement.
I would like to say a general word here. This analysis by @Fatestaynight is all in all a good effort and i find it helpfull that you say something when you feel smth is just blantently unfair.
What i would insist upon everybody to do before you post in processed cases topics is speak with any member of the moderation staff, if you feel there is an urge to write at all. We rarely take decisions alone and discuss almost everything before we judge smth.
Posting this here without having spoken to a moderator before just leads to unnecessary chain comments that will result in very little.
So please take these steps, talk to moderator first, not satisfied post in processed cases.
Thank you for your future cooperation

Psyclone
Treant

Postby Psyclone » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 pm

I dont agree with this judgement at all. You can not de-contextualize flames, i.e. separate them from the conversational string and judge based on that solo-perspectively extract. I think it's about time to put away the velvet gloves when it comes to Vendeta.

FateStayNight
Forest Walker

Postby FateStayNight » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm

well vendeta, their are two options.

1. either you have a really bad communication(social) skill
or
2. you are a pretty smart person that knows how to insult and provoce people, without using "bad" words.

Im pretty sure its the its the latter one.
You always say, you want make people to "stop" with whatever they doing (flame, tk, insult w/e). I can promise you this and im pretty sure after your long history of provocation you know it for yourself.
The way you talk to people, when you disagree with them, will never have the result to make them "stop".

inQ
Forest Walker

Postby inQ » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Btw, Anda thx for stepping up lately. I love your assertiveness as a mod and you have definitely been stepping it up lately. Thx for the hard unappreciated work.

That being said, I don't fully agree with the judgment here also. If Fiji gets 3 days Vendeta should get at least half the ban (36 hours) for instigating / baiting.

From a non biased point of view, I've read the entire chatlog and Fate's analysis and they're both at fault. Your logic that someone needs to fill out a separate ban request for Vendeta is a bit absurd. If I report someone for mh but i mh'ed myself, wouldnt you ban both players as a mod?

Its quite obvious things got out of control but it takes 2 hands to clap but the punishment seems like Fiji was the only culprit. Yes, Fiji's words were harsh but sometimes the intent of a simple word can mean more. There's a difference between "faggot" and "nice call" but the intent is similar- it creates a very toxic environment in an already tense situation. Although Vendeta didnt necessarily flame or use harsh words per se, the intent was still toxic af.
These users thanked the author inQ for the post:
Mind (Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:42 am)

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 pm

If you continue this discussion we will tk another good mod here. I feel Anda is doing his best to judge these hard situations when there is some grounds for different claims and points of view. He felt he needed to stick to the procedure and technicalities in order to judge this situation where the obvious problem is popularity of the 2 players involved. Bottom line, I like Fiji more than Vendeta also, but I feel he was properly punished since he is the one who went over the top so much. Most of you guys feel Vendeta - the bad guy baited Fiji - the good guy and got him unvouched and now you are angry or outraged, but this shouldn't be about that. Keep the chat civil as much as you can. If someone triggers you, use !ignore if you need to and for fucks sake stop making these reports if you don't want to kill lihl completely.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Im totally agree with u Mesh, if someone triggers u go use ignore. Thats at some point logic.

What about if someone triggers almost every single player that pass near thim? What about a guy making more reports than the whole rest lihl together? what about lihl being a nice place to waste time until certain guy appeared and blow it all?

Because noone here said what Fiji said was nice and cool, its just something that eventually happens on some games and thats it, we let it go, stay mad during game, maybe a bit discussion on discord or whatever, but we dont come here runnning crying for justice.

At the end, using bad words seems more problematic than being extremely toxic with no bad words. This is just irrational. We have a guy that is CLEARLY creating problems with MANY players and we just banning all the time those MANY (and different players, a lot of different players) because they are all baited by the same SINGLE guy always with same fken issue.

Or we all are blind, or for me this is all even clear without the need of posting proves and replays and shit. In past, there are guys unvouched for being toxic (ship, eldrian, etc) without needing to add 200 replays and shit, just because the mods by that time knew lihl reality and they knew they were toxic and problematic ppl. Im just sad its not the case now, we have complicated things a lot, i even wanted report someone for toxic and was forced to follow a procedure defined to report low skill issues (my concern is a lot more about toxicity than skill, but yeh it happens that he is low skilled also appart toxic), and now, i have even been told that ima get a ban for using bad words, so at the end ima be banned for use some shitty words but the toxic guy is just enjoying his life, sitting on his toxic throne, laughting at us all, because we have 50 rules and he just made sure to be toxic without breaking them, so thats it, we need to get selffucked and let this guy camp on lihl like if this was his kingdom.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Suggestion:
Lock all Processed Cases Topics.

This is getting outta control, really. 3 pages for each decision a Mod makes is insane... We can be happy if we keep Anda and Senpai when each post they make is questioned by 10 people. You can never satisfy everyone that's just how it is. If you don't like their decisions, talk to them and don't make a fuss each time in the forum where everybody will jump in and feels having to say something as well. If you want to discuss Vende being unvouched, do it in a PROPER topic and put some effort in it. Then things will be handled, but not like this...
These users thanked the author Jamo for the post:
Vendeta (Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:38 pm)

Return to “Processed Cases”