Objection towards Donkis 144 hour ban!! WTF?!

Moderator: LIHL Staff

ZTX)Fiji
Treant

Objection towards Donkis 144 hour ban!! WTF?!

Postby ZTX)Fiji » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:20 pm

STOP BEING BACKWARDS!

As you probably know, Vendetas reported Don for Ragequtting, Then both got banned for being the provoker, and for doing the act of ragequitting.

Twice the banlength on Don vs Vendetas 72 hour ban which is totally absurd.

Where i see you failing in this particular matter, is identifying the ROOT of the problem. Vendeta is the damn ROOT from all this drama, and you know it. ALL of the posts to get him unvouched PERMANENTLY was just blocked, before everyone could voice their oppinion on the matter. i think its highly unfair towards Don, as he is the ROOT of almost no drama or issues.

I know that ragequitting is not taken lightly, but i urge you to look at the ROOT of the problem, then you will see someone familiar to casuing the problem, And it carries further than just one game at a time clearly.

On the sideline, Unlock the post about the Perma unvouch request towards Vendeta, and you will find the HUGE majority of LiHL supporting the Permanent unvouch. THAT i promise you!

Enough is Enough

Crey
Forest Walker

Re: Objection towards Donkis 144 hour ban!! WTF?!

Postby Crey » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:29 pm

144 hours ban for Don is too much rly, i agree. He is always nice with everyone and you need to annoy him rly hard to change his behavior like Vendeta did. Also about Vendeta, i think its fair to let decide his destiny from all lihl community and not only mods. As i said many times before make a vote, so everyone can judge do we need him here or not. All in all we all here looking for high-skilled and friendly games based on respect to each other, if someone here looking only for drama or any fight with someone else he should not be part of community.
These users thanked the author Crey for the post:
ZTX)Fiji (Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:11 pm)

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm

I believe the 144 hour ban was caused by previous offenses, standard ban is 5 days so i believe for 2nd offenders its like 14 days? Then due to the fact that he was obviously triggered by tk vendeta it was cut down to 6 days so thats like his ban getting cut down more than 50% i believe that is pretty fair work by mods.

All in all i think its a fair ban, since even though i like Donki we SHOULD punish people for ragequitting just on principle. Its hard to ban people like vendeta for a long time because he knows how to be extremely annoying but just short of breaking rules.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:39 pm

Knowing the fact that i did rq level 1, the 6 days ban sounds pretty harsh to me BUT i will assume it and wont appeal this because i agree that RQ is a no go.
Also i did and do apologize to all ppls i wasted time here, him recidivating rule break about how to teamplay and unpausing over and over to make the mess bigger, makes me sick and i didnt weighed the impact on other players but i knew that i would assume the consequences anyways.
About Vendeta, its another thing, and im pretty sure that justice WILL TRIUMPH !!!

Diablo_
Protector of Nature

Postby Diablo_ » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Clearly someone fighting about king control doesn't warrant a rage quit. Banning both was the correct choice, ban durations also look ok imo.
These users thanked the author Diablo_ for the post:
Anda (Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm)
-----
LIHL player parser, a tool to automatically parse LIHL players' Elo and create reports for it: CLICK

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Diablo_ wrote:Clearly someone fighting about king control doesn't warrant a rage quit. Banning both was the correct choice, ban durations also look ok imo.

There is nothing that would warrant a rage quit, so yes, i deserve a ban.

Now it's a matter of principles ; i got a mate who refused to teamplay at the beginnings of the game and also not the first time doing it,
so diablo, do you think i could ask for pause votekick him since he broke a fundamental rule? Since rules allow to kick such offender.
Him lying on the ban request by justyfing his move by incoherent argument, would make his ban request fair and free from any reproach?
It's quite easy to judge the form as you did, but it require more time and personal investment to judge the substance here.
Last edited by Don_Killuminati on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 pm

guideline is 5 days for a ragequit, its the 3rd rq offense i can track. Has he been triggered ? sure he was. Does this make his own choice to rq the game obsolete ? do players take rules into their own hand ? if there is a rulebreak, which could have easily been solved in this topic btw, he either has the option to go by ent guide and !votekick or ( imo the better choice ) let the game go and an dreport after. THere was nothing goin on yet, level 1 didnt even startz and alrdy fight over it. My intention is to send a strong message, this shit needs to stop. Vendeta is the center of this heat i can see that, but it doesnt mean it his solely his fault. Every<body is still hold to its own decisions they make.
If oyu find my ruling that unjust, make an official appeal. Im looking forward to it.

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Not sure using a guideline is the best way to handle such cases or you need an very elaborate one imo ;
A rage quit before the game start compare to a rq lvl14 before send do not have the same impact on players time or elo.
Also someone who rq because someone establishes a frustrating atmosphere or someone rq to clearly dodge a lose should not be judged at the same way.
I just wish your strong message has no ratio of proportion with bans duration, wich means that i would be 'more responsible' for his bad behavior towards the community, while i could keep pausing and stop play till he get kicked to prevail my rights, which by definition would have had the same impact towards other players.

As i said i will not appeal and I take the responsibilities of my own decision, but please, stay focus at the root of the problem to make things change.

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:25 am

this is the exact reason why problems with vendeta keep happening
he picks his feuds wisely and makes sure he is somewhat "more of a victim" than the other party
ends up getting less punishment than the other party and therefore considers it a victory
this is why this guy will never change, just a fuckin tumor that will never go away

Dimitrakis_2001
Armored Tree

Postby Dimitrakis_2001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:04 am

This post is inconsequential to me because the mod/staff is in a position of authority just to fulfil the purpose of deciding matters like this and his judgement should not be under examination by us but only under the scope of current regulation and whether his decision is compatible to this regulation or not.The penalty is clear.Although every case should be taken into consideration ad hoc and they cannot treat everything with the same way as long as it has its own distinctiveness.In general i oppose to the idea of public opinions of the masses having decisive role over matters because that just compromises the authority of the person in command.
However, the real issue that should be taken into consideration here incidentally is the position that vendetta has in this league. An attitude that constantly causes reaction of every player here, an attitude that seems lawful but in reality only poisons the general climate in lihl must be judged and if needed should be forced to stop.It is very easy to observe that vendetta always acts by "playing" with the limits of rules, not breaking any of it but always becoming a reason of rage-bad communication-obnoxiousness making him the moral instigator of the illegal behaviour.This practically means that he triggers everyone and everything but at the same time balances between the fine line of not doing anything illegal and making others do so because they cant handle their emotion at that moment.As far as am i concerned i consider this total hypocrisy and an ineffective way of personal victimisation guided by what i call "attention whore syndrome".
So to sum up, i believe when someone's behaviour leads to cases like this, destruction of games and becomes a parasite in a well working organism the real question is: we treat the symptom or the reason?

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:08 am

You people just keep going around in circles. All this has already been said 10 times at least. Basically, you hate Vendeta and you want him out of lihl and you don't care the reason nor what the facts of this particular case are. If Anda ruled that Vendeta is perma-unvouched you would all clap your hands, because you just want your wishes served and don't mind if he would severely abuse the rules of the league to do so. You are pissed off cause Vendeta triggers you, yet he doesn't break the rules and he tries to stay within limits so moderators can't take any actions against him. So instead you keep pressuring a really good and objective moderator and the only really active one, into going against his principles to serve your needs, yet not so long ago we tked a very good mod into quitting also.
Stop blaming Anda just because you can't make a case that would be valid within the accepted rules. If you feel Vendeta's presence in the league is that much harming then just make a request for a new rule that would handle this kind of situations. Like unvouch based on (un)popularity only. I don't know if such a rule would ever be accepted, but at least that would be a step in the right direction, not this constant complain about moderating just because he is being impartial and taking actions when rules are actually broken.
These users thanked the author Meshtar for the post:
Anda (Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:50 am)

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:42 am

@meshtar
Well done summing up this situation as it is.
D.S. 1989

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:15 am

The level of stupidity in this league never ceases to go :lol:

It is very simple, @Don_killuminati , if someone breaks a rule, try to solve it, and if you can't, report the game after. The game is not unplayable if the person forces king control. If you did that, you would have been fine and Vendeta would have been banned for 3 days (or maybe even more because he frustrated even if you tried to make the game work). Remember, moderators cannot prevent violations to take place, but they can take measures and regulate. I am sure Vendeta will not do this again now he got a 3-day ban for it. With taking matters in your own hand, you disrespect the rules of the league, the authority of the moderators, and the time of people you play with. Certainly if you did this several times, that should be punished.

Shout-out to @snowblind and the other moderators for their careful and right work <3
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:58 am

Once again, this is dragged down to get Vendeta out of lihl instead of staying on point, which was the 144 hour banlength.
Ive explained myself twice now, and saying i wont appeal BUT and keep on discussing in general...
does not make it no appeal.
If you think i made a mistake, then go for it and demand what in your opinion is right.I encourage you to do so, because i can only learn and get better at that when wrong decisions i make are presented to me in a fruitfull discussion. I cant learn from the way these posts are made. After all, i am not here to protect Vendeta and keep him in the league cause of my own friendship with him,ive unvouched 2 friends alrdy because i believe it was the right thing to do for all of the league.
i try to moderate from what i believe is just and right by the powers given to me by the community.If i fail in that, either make an impartiality complaint about me,or help me out with convincing evidence why i judge wrong. And that goes for everybody, not just donki or fiji.

good to see u alive @mickeythemousie and i hope you enjoy your freedom :P

Return to “Processed Cases”