vigorousapathy unvouched for elo dodging/multi accing

Moderator: LIHL Staff

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

vigorousapathy unvouched for elo dodging/multi accing

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 pm

He played from both useast and from europe, which is in violation with the lihl rules of only playing from a useast account.

VigorousApathy
Resource Storage

Re: vigorousapathy unvouched for elo dodging/multi accing

Postby VigorousApathy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 am

1. I have a single account. That account is VigorousApathy.

2. ELO dodging is a term Duck made up which doesn't make sense.

3. I was vouched for LIHL when I was on the Euro realm and I spent my first two or three days playing from there. Then I decided to move to East to participate in LIHL full time. Which I have been doing the past two and a half months.

4. Duck is basically unvouching me for coming to East to play LIHL.

5. Even if the multi accounting or realm jumping Duck were saying actually happened, there is no rule against it. https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9682 I have a link here for the rules of LIHL which I think Duck should read at some point.

6. In conclusion, I expect to be revouched and obviously for Duck's authority to be taken away until such time as he learns the rules he pretends to enforce. Or barring that I will accept an apology in the form of hugs.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:13 am

You can only play on USeast it is very clear in the application.

In fact, when you combine your ELO (960 + 860 = 1000- 40 - 140 = 820) you would be really close to the bottom 5. So with playing on 2 accounts you may have prevented yourself from getting unvouched with which you frauded the competition.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Iznogood
Treant Protector

Postby Iznogood » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 am

Not to mention the low elo he was signed up with - actually made him win more than he deserved.
I already complained about this in the middle of the season - only in game though.. was before i became active on the forums

DonaldtheDuckie
Treant

Postby DonaldtheDuckie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 am

uakf.b wrote:You can only have one username vouched at a time unless staff decide otherwise. Because otherwise it may be confusing for other players.

We did not decide otherwise. In order for the elo system to work, people need to keep playing on the same account. Not play from europe, asia, useast and uswest, which distorts their elo.

Feor
Treant

Postby Feor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Since the whole discussion with Vigorous playing from Europe at first was thorougly discussed more than a month ago, why there is a punishment now ? He had asked in the past if it is possible to fix / merge it in the past.

Also at start of lihl the private whispers we had, when lihl just started running, were that you can sign from useast only, but you can then go back and join from Europe servers in order to for anyone to keep his stats in his main account ( noone did it cause it is boring pointless ) However I really don't recall any rule particulary for that at the moment ( please correct me if I am wrong ).

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:32 pm

You can merge accounts in the 'technical support' section. He hasn't posted there.

The main point is what Iznogood says: vigorousapathy got to 860 ELO first with another account and played on anothre realm after that. With that he got signed as an 860 ELO players, but played as 1000 ELO, with that frauding the system.

It would be unfair if players who play on 1 account, getting low ELO with it, would have to leave the league, but people who cheat the system and make multiple accounts can stay in. Remember his ELO combined is 820, not counting the fact he played as a too low ELO, with that getting better allies than he should have.
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Feor
Treant

Postby Feor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:04 pm

There was a huge post of merging accounts due to !force start command and not being spoofchecked properly.

Those people should be banned as well if that is your solid stand on Vigorous's case.

When that post occured, Vigorous dual accounts due to different servers came up as well, when admins said they fixed all, I guess he thought they fixed his as well.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Funny how you compare a spoofcheck bug with someone playing on 2 accounts with that avoiding getting bottom 5.

As for your comment on the account clearing. I did not include his account because I did not notice he played a lot on 2 accounts. I (actually Teller55) merged the accounts on 25th of june, and since then VigorousApathy hasn't played games on Europe anymore. So I guess your story is reasonable and a warning that it should not happen might be better in place :)

Feor
Treant

Postby Feor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:50 pm

MickeyTheMousie wrote: I (actually Teller55) merged the accounts on 25th of june, and since then VigorousApathy hasn't played games on Europe anymore. So I guess your story is reasonable and a warning that it should not happen might be better in place :)

I exaggerated to make a point with the spoof checks.

The quoted part was exactly what I wanted to make you think, the decision is up to admins and moderators but it felt kinda harsh after almost a month that the multi-accs issue was discussed. I was simply trying to tell that vigorous didn't have intention and as soon as the bug was discovered talked over stayed permanently on us-east.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 pm

He wouldn't have made the bottom 5 anyway so its kinda a mute discussion.

Return to “Processed Cases”