mudman ghosting

Moderator: LIHL Staff

nicolai123
Treant

Re: mudman ghosting

Postby nicolai123 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:10 pm

I mean even though something is technically ghosting it should still be looked within context. The intention of "leaking" this information was obviously to make fun of vendeta, as opposed to helping the enemy team. It is rulebreak, yes, and he should be banned for it. But you can nuance this more than just ghost/not ghost.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:21 pm

For me this is only a CHASE report, can find the reasons for it tho, mudman was pure tker making those disgusting comments, we all fail sometime...

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Well my motivation behind this to ask for a report was that i consider ghosting a grey area unless you make it a 100% black white case, which imo is unrealistic and you need to look at each case individually, its not like a rq or whatever.

Where do you draw the line etc,this is first ghosting case that happened since all new mods came up, so this is a good opportunity for us to learn and work on it.We need to gain experience aswell.
So chasing mudman wasnt my intention behind it

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:37 pm

I just think the reason behind all this is wrong, i dont see any GHOST issue at all in this case. Perhaps if theres an issue is a BULLY/MANNER issue but GHOST is not rlly the issue here.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Thats one perspective, and i can understand the arguments from mud kiwi etc aswell.
Theres a reason neither me nor Vendeta asked for any punishment in it, but it still need to be publicly stated imo if this was okay or not.He would not even have reported this anyway, so if there comes problems from it , its my responsibility.
About the bullying part i agree, ive alrdy spoken to mud in private and gave him my reasoning why his behaviour was totally the wrong way, even if he got frustrated by vendetas play.There is a way to report players, theres our way of handling cases when somebody plays below lihl level, be that the case here or not.
But lets not forget that a TRIAL was in mud and vendes Team and we as a community should not act that way towards one another, and we expect people to behave fitting to our community standards, which in my opinion he did not do.Even more so when a trial is just experiencing lihl for the first time.I feel it is totally the wrong way to let this go by and make legionaire think we accept this in lihl. We do not

If another moderator ( since ive alrdy gave 2 much of my reasoning and view on this which i didnt intend to do to not influence other moderators; but i guess i have to explain myself to not make this more unnecessary drama then i alrdy created by this case unluckily anyway) feels there is need to ban mudman for either behaviour or ghost, i take responsibility for it.

I still believe it was the right decision to start this discussion, for clarification and fairness.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:30 pm

I want to clarify my position here also. I think mudman broke a rule, without any bad intention, he was just triggered by Vendeta's play. The fact that the ghosting resulted in no actual benefit for the enemy team and that mudman had no intention to ruin the game with it is not relevant for the fact that the rule is broken. On the other hand, It is very important for the context of the rule breaking and should have much impact on the judgement from mods. My whole point was that ghosting shouldn't be allowed or tolerated, cause otherwise it will lead to chaos. I hope this results in warning and general clarification for future cases and no ban, since it is a first time and since it was obviously done with no bad intent and no one got hurt with it.

MudMan
Treant

Postby MudMan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:27 pm

ok i understand everyone's point of view and respect it. I want to publicly apologize for what i did.

Please close the topic and proceed with the unvouch there is no need to drag this further, at this point we are just repeating ourselves.

sorry and thanks

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 pm

MudMan wrote:
I know for a fact this happens alot on skype with the german squad when they wanna complain about someone in their team. It should remain private.

Lol

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm

TinSoldier wrote:
MudMan wrote:
I know for a fact this happens alot on skype with the german squad when they wanna complain about someone in their team. It should remain private.

Lol

come back m8, we can make canadian skype squad with joe and kiwi

iamyoursenpai
Treant

Postby iamyoursenpai » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 pm

HazarDous wrote:
TinSoldier wrote:
MudMan wrote:

Lol

come back m8, we can make canadian skype squad with joe and kiwi

Plottwist
Joe is unvouched

Crey
Forest Walker

Postby Crey » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

@MudMan this time you get a warning, next time please care more about what you say in game and dont do the same thing again. Since we dont have whisper function anymore and you can only send private messages in game, its easy to check what you saying through the game and if me or another moderator watch the game replay and see you or another lihl player actually ghosting units for example "Stupid crey failed ea" he will get a huge ban for ghosting.

Processed.
These users thanked the author Crey for the post:
MudMan (Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm)

Return to “Processed Cases”