ghosting

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Achillesgr-
Resource Storage

Re: ghosting

Postby Achillesgr- » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Last edited by Achillesgr- on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Achillesgr- for the post:
Jamo (Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:21 pm)

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:38 pm

I would assume they would warn achilles to not do this again, since the information/joke in this game included a tower he used and it therefor goes under the general rule about ghosting.
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

Achillesgr-
Resource Storage

Postby Achillesgr- » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Stiff_Maistar wrote:I would assume they would warn achilles to not do this again, since the information/joke in this game included a tower he used and it therefor goes under the general rule about ghosting.

i dont think they need even to warn me cause i am not doing that all the time...this is what i am trying to explain that was a painfull game the previous and i was saying all the time i should lod lod and making fun with the others..i just hate how point take that occasion to report and you could see clearly in the begining of the game that i was ready just to malfs cause i had the wisp almost done you can see clearly the seconds..i abort wisp and i did lod when i took the answer from point..even with malfs in start i would say again the same..its really disgasting what he is doing..i dotn think that he give a shit about what i said he is just doing it cause he is a hater .. i said that phrase CAUSE OF THE SITUATIONS, same people at the game and the team i was saying i should lod was all enemies dodo fuker and senpai....tbh i said it only for senpai :P

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Stiff_Maistar wrote:I would assume they would warn achilles to not do this again, since the information/joke in this game included a tower he used and it therefor goes under the general rule about ghosting.

Blablabla , a point of view with actually 0 knowlodge of LIHL games ;)

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Le_Don wrote:

Blablabla , a point of view with actually 0 knowlodge of LIHL games ;)

You do know LIHL play on ENT bots. And that it is the General rules of ENT that you guys must follow aswell, unless the LIHL rules specficly says something different. Seeing as there is no ghosting rule for LIHL (only observers), that means it is the General ghosting rule that they need to follow.

PS: I dont know who you are, but you are sadly mistaken.
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

@STIFF_maistar first of all, we don't need a random guy to teach us our rules, it's a waste of time coming from you.
Second, the rule about ghosting have been made to keep games fair without any information leaks that could give any advantage to the other team. I'm lazy and find it pointless to explain you how ppl using all chat as mindgame sometimes but it's a fact, and applying this rule without any brain/knowledge would have lead to at least like 1k unecessary (regarding the game fairness) report/ban in LIHL history.

P.S : I highly doubt that you don't know me or you got a really bad memory, and saying to a man that actually knows LIHL 'you are mistaken' when you arent part of it is nothing but wrong. I would advice you to keep giving 'thanks' without trying involving yourself into report cases, you give 0 value and i doubt you could.

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:24 pm

"You immo too?"
These users thanked the author KiwiLeKiller for the post:
GonnaGetRekt (Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:13 am)
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 am

Seems also like a misunderstanding on my side, precisely what kiwi said, trollish behaviour.We ban everybody that says u immo too when u actually have immo? despite being the chance of actually having lod when it was a runnign joke from the previous game is very low, + imo ks of lod isnt easy to detect. @point if there is any information i lack or smth i simply understand wrong, dm mods and well look at it in team.So long ill deny this.

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:31 am

so that means i can do the same every time when i feel i need to do something retarded ?
give me atleast one good reason why this should happens ?

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:10 am

Since u arent satisfied for a decision pls give opinion @crey @tom_hardy @epicdeath @fatestaynight
Ill move this back from processed topics until we got a majority call then.
You are right in the aspect that if you go by the textbook definition this is clearly a case of ghosting, he gave information to the enemy team that they could not have without his saying.

However, as i said earlier on previous reports ghosting imo is not a black and white case, every situation needs to be observed individually.What was his intent behind it ? he followed on on a running gag from the previous game,which he explained in this case pretty simple( majority of enemy team probably had a yeaaaah right thats funny moment). Did the enemy team had any reason to believe what he was saying is true? no they didnt, neither did they have any chance to check if he tells true, cause imo lod ks can hardly be detected.Imo it rather would lead them to believing he does not have his actual roll, since the % are very low the is speaking truth.Also he wanna win the game, theres no hate or any discomfort going on in the team.He was following on an inside joke, much like certain patterns came to be a fun saying like nille always immoea, vende always get tk thornmail, tinmolation , u got immo too etc. Its a part of popular culture here, which does not verify any truth to a given statement. If for example Tin says in allchat good god 3rd immo in a row at start of level 5 it might be the truth, but its definitely not a game changing info, it simply can be a lie and imo it normally leads to a good laugh for everyone.
He was trolling, making the game experience funnier and u simply werent a part of that and imo misinterpreted what was going on.
Thats why i believe this is not a punishable action, especially regarding the general bantime for ghosting should be 1 month.
You simply werent part of a situation, and u dont wanna see stathis side here i guess.Theres a reason you got almost nobody supporting your point of view.
However other mods opinions might either way disagree with my view and well discuss again on this or help you understand what i meant in different words maybe. This will be looked upon again by somebody else ;)

Le_Don
Armored Tree

Postby Le_Don » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:40 am

@point privet.
I got 2 questions for you, please try to answer honestly with objectivity :
If you were on the opposing team, would you think that achille got lod or at least high probability for him to get it after saying it?
Do you think the interest of achille saying it was to make opposite team think that he got it (ghosting) ?
If the answer of at least one of those two is positive, i could understand your report, otherwise imo you get pissed for nothing mate.

Crey
Forest Walker

Postby Crey » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:33 am

Jamo wrote: Doesn't seem like ghosting to me. They were just trashtalking and one has to put it into context with previous game. Stathis would have said exact same things with whatever roll he had.

Anda wrote: Did the enemy team had any reason to believe what he was saying is true? no they didnt, neither did they have any chance to check if he tells true, cause imo lod ks can hardly be detected.Imo it rather would lead them to believing he does not have his actual roll, since the % are very low the is speaking truth.Also he wanna win the game, theres no hate or any discomfort going on in the team.He was following on an inside joke, much like certain patterns came to be a fun saying like nille always immoea, vende always get tk thornmail, tinmolation , u got immo too etc. Its a part of popular culture here, which does not verify any truth to a given statement.

I cant add anything else, there is just one right idea that it was a part of fun from previous game and this situation is not about ghosting at all.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:10 am

Oh man, just let it go already.
And yes, I think nobody will be against you doing that kind of trash talk, too. Just be aware it has to be in context. Everything else is a whole different story. So you need one game to prepare for the situation that you can do it in the next game then :)

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 am

Why no1 blames he prefer turret and malf over lod start btw?

How this trashtopic has more posts than case of violence?

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 am

Wow, such a meaningless report went soo far lol.

Point this clearly was not ghosting. But, now u pissed cause eveeyone disssagree with your report, and u say u will do the same, that u will say in all chat what units u have, well that will be clear ghosting if u do that out of hate.

Just let it go dude.
D.S. 1989

Return to “Processed Cases”