epicdeath
Treant

votekick abuse

Postby epicdeath » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 am

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11689949

who was votekicked?
- Nicolaisen
- reason: afk
- ingame time of kick: (06:09 / All) Ace_of_Spades: A votekick against player [nicolaisen] has passed.
- people who voted: ace_of_spades, elektro-, jamo, thor_god, point

the relevant rules:
After the game has been paused for more than 5 minutes for someone AFK, you can report him.
After the game has been paused for more than 10 minutes for someone AFK, he can be kicked without question.

No need for any unvouches with regards to the kick, I'd prefer to see warnings for all to ensure that this wont be abused again. However, I think its important for everyone to understand the rule. I made it clear that I wanted to wait the 10 mins (except for ace and ele, muted them cus spam) and nico was kicked regardless.

On a side note, I'd like avadakedavra to refamiliarise himself with this rule:
Observers are prohibited from voting, commenting on strategies, and ghosting.
You left after voting so the vote cancelled, no harm done. However, you need to ensure that as an observer, you refrain from participating in any votes.

Finally ace, I'll tolerate this once since waiting in lobby for extras after getting tked by a double lobby and then having an afk in game is frustrating. However, when I am trying to calmly explain a rule to you so that you guys can avoid breaking it in future I don't expect to be flamed and I wont tolerate it happening again.
ace flame1.JPG
ace flame1.JPG (60.3 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

aceflame2.JPG
aceflame2.JPG (43.29 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

aceflame3.JPG
aceflame3.JPG (30.65 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

With regards to this please note that a mute in discord means that you will not be able to !sign until you are unmuted.

point
Forest Walker

Re: votekick abuse

Postby point » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 am

I always thought it is 5 mins actually.reread rules and going to remember that.my bad

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 am

It wasnt abuse cuz game was gona be drawn yes or yes.
It was 15 secs left and he needed rr and push

Game was fucked up.

Maybe use ur brain before call rest rule abusers? Being mod requires use brain rlly

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:32 am

1. It was clear abuse of !votekick. Granted there are definitely extenuations here since the game would most likely have been drawn anyway but that is taken into account when deciding the penalty (note I don't want more than a warning) not in deciding whether a rule has actually been broken or not.

2. There is clearly a lack of awareness regarding this rule (see ss.), the purpose of the warning is to make sure that everyone is made officially aware so that if a similar situation occurs it can be dealt with properly ingame or, failing that, penalties will be able to more accurately reflect the nature of the incident.

5 mins.JPG
5 mins.JPG (48.56 KiB) Viewed 3638 times

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:25 pm

I still think is 200% a not abuse. Idc how many times u post here the rule. Game was gona be drawn as the other million times a similar situation has happened since im on lihl.

Yet u keep calling me abuser, and ur still not able to use a bit of common sense

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:20 pm

plz leave ace alone
Attachments
acedacedbaby.png
acedacedbaby.png (353.92 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
These users thanked the author TinSoldier for the post (total 2):
7years (Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:30 pm) • HazarDous (Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:41 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 pm

You need to add a moustache onto that meme

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:03 pm

I got a nice one with mustach @hazardous

TinMeme2.PNG
TinMeme2.PNG (147.95 KiB) Viewed 3316 times

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am

Guess this was blown out of proportion and Ace felt personally attacked or smth over the term abuse, please do not speak like that to moderation again. Remember when you speak in allchat, you need to respect a level of authority, as you well know we need this to be insured to work as moderation.If you want to get angry or feel misunderstood, please seek a private conversation with us moderators, where we do tolerate a lot harsher words than in the open normally.NN for personal attacks, but private we are a lot more forgiving to emotions and misbehaviour done under it since its easier to seperate a personal conflict from conflict of moderators workor authority.
I can understand your view on this case, and i also dont think it was done with bad intention, and as you said yourself, the outcome was the same.
However, all epic did was demanding to wait for a rule to be respected, what is within his rights and also expected from a moderator.

Reminds from epic are valid, outcome didnt change, warnings stand. Nn for an unvouch time,if moderator demands for a rule to be uphold you simply do it, no need for a dispute over it.
Warnings stand as suggested by epic, @jamo @ace_of_spades @point @elektro- @thor_god
@avadakedavra pls make sure to stay out of votings as observer.

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 pm

Just saying, but as far as I follow games, obs have to vote in order to get the votekick through.

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 pm

Jamo wrote:Just saying, but as far as I follow games, obs have to vote in order to get the votekick through.

Im not aware of that, thx for correcting me. @avadakedavra, warning is obsolete in that case.

AvadaKedavra
Forest Walker

Postby AvadaKedavra » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Anda wrote:
Jamo wrote:Just saying, but as far as I follow games, obs have to vote in order to get the votekick through.

Im not aware of that, thx for correcting me. @avadakedavra, warning is obsolete in that case.

Ye I was gonna say something, but was too lazy.. It's super annoying actually, since if u're obsing but afk, people need you to votekick. It should only be players playing who needs to vote, so obs, who are often afk/semiafk, dont leave them short

Return to “Processed Cases”