Intentional TK play

Moderator: LIHL Staff

Kreutertee
Treant

Intentional TK play

Postby Kreutertee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Well, I actually didn't think I'd write another forum post. But what I just saw tilts me to a level which is inacceptable. And I'm only obs currently.

A few days ago, sude put down 2 ghouls first roll, then reroll into malf specter, but he kept his ghouls. 300 value 1/0 in 1. We suggested for him to go 2/0 and play malfs, but he just answered "i love ghouls".

We already discussed ingame (idk the exact game currently, but I think at least @Krocis was there to confirm?!). But whatever, we let it go.

But I just saw this, which is confirmed 100% intentional TK. He willingly throws away the game. Same situation, 2 ghouls first roll, RR into LOD, captain, lock. And he keeps 300 value 1/0 ghouls in level. He willingly gives away ez 10 and 15 mid.

The game ended now in level 7, his team lost.
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11802385

ghoulsoverlod.png
ghoulsoverlod.png (4.75 MiB) Viewed 2975 times

This is inacceptable behaviour and should result in serious punishment.

EDIT: Found the other game alrdy.
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11801773
And I understand the "freedom" to build w/e you see fit, and in the first game I might wanna let it slip, cause the difference is not as massive as in the one above. But if you add those two games up, they tell a story of "i tk for fun, cause ghouls are funny". Ignorant, intentional TK, which we all wanted to dodge by joining LIHL. If that's the standard, we really should shut down LIHL immediatly alongside with public ENT.
Last edited by Kreutertee on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Kreutertee for the post (total 2):
nikzor1321 (Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:13 pm) • 7years (Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:13 pm)

Krocis
Treant

Re: Intentional TK play

Postby Krocis » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:34 pm

ya i was in dat game when he 2 ghouls but lucky eat warris dat game

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:12 pm

he even insist on this build after we tell him to switch to lod start. this decision maybe single handedly cost us game @ lvl 4. but even apart from that, there is absolutely 0 upside to this start compared to lod, especially when we obviously weak on 10 and he had pro adds for lod.
These users thanked the author 7years for the post:
nikzor1321 (Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:13 pm)

Anda
LIHL Staff

Postby Anda » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 pm

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=11802458

same story. i appreciate input what units ghul is stronger then ( for me its pure tk in all 3 games, but im not a good builder myself, for me its only usefull wave 1-3 and 6)

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:33 am

idc if u post crying whatever, just stop trowing shit like "if things are like this plz cut lihl", noone forces you to play, just do a fken standar report.

THANKS

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:50 am

Imo ghoul is useful in 3 ways:

1. ghoul yolo, Its quite a bad yolo and I would only play it when the rest of my rolls are shit (300 value ghoul on 1 is nearly always full tk unless warri cover is desperately needed since 150 ghoul holds 1 for fast push and 210 lets you play safer on 2/3)

2. Ghoul added to big unit (sg/ygg ect) Sub-par add but its decent on 3 if the rest of the roll is bad

3. (imo the only good way to use ghoul) As a starting unit to use with another weaker yolo e.g. veteran, guard, pandaren, rev, sentry, sprite ect. Ghoul with veteran is one of my personal fav yolos. It builds the same value as standard veteran but lets you hold 6 with 600 value where 600 vet leaks.

My personal opinion on the topic is that starting ghoul with a unit like LOD in the roll is below standard for a lihl game. I think a short unvouch as a warning followed with a skill based unvouch should this continue as a pattern would be reasonable.

FadingSuns
Treant Protector

Postby FadingSuns » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:37 am

u messing things, it not low skill issue but personal choice issue, sude knows perfectly what he is doing when he choose ghoul over lod.

Entering these kind of issues can be problematic since it can turn subjetive...

I also think its not optimal but THERE IS NOT RULE BROKEN, just keep that in mind

If we ban here... will i be able to report kreutertee for example when he decides to start lod over ea?

MrStrawberry
Aura Tree

Postby MrStrawberry » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Im with ace in this case.

There are so many people who try some tk start, and tk units, even tho they have other reliable units in their roll.

It is annoying, yes, but its not only sude who does it, so, if sude gets banned, then generalize it, and make it same for everyone.

Also, kreut, u are the one who does it most rly, so this is ridiculous ban req. U just tryhard since u are close to wining this season. If sude gets warning, then evereyone should get it.

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:46 pm

it doesn't make this poor starting choice any better that others maybe also tk from time to time. there is a standard for skill and teamplay that lihl players should consistently meet, and if they don't, it's everyone's right to report it.

and ace is right: sude knows for sure that lod is better than 2 ghoul - which is exactly why this was reported as intentional tk and not just as a "poor skill" report.

idk if this justifies a ban already, but it's such an obvious missplay that it sure af shows at minimum bad teamplay and maybe even intentional tk.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 pm

FadingSuns wrote:u messing things, it not low skill issue but personal choice issue, sude knows perfectly what he is doing when he choose ghoul over lod.

Entering these kind of issues can be problematic since it can turn subjetive...

I also think its not optimal but THERE IS NOT RULE BROKEN, just keep that in mind

If we ban here... will i be able to report kreutertee for example when he decides to start lod over ea?

Its pretty legit to start lod over ea, lol
How can u compare this with 300 ghoul over lod etc

point
Forest Walker

Postby point » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:05 pm

there is huge difference between skill issues and "for fun mode"
everyone knows sude as great player, but it seems he is simply bored of standart playing and wanna bring some gamble into his play
imo if you wanna try something - go ent18\31, either way be ready for punishment
These users thanked the author point for the post (total 2):
epicdeath (Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:43 am) • 7years (Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:50 pm)

sude
Resource Storage

Postby sude » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:26 pm

there are many cases where ghoul is better than lod
level 1 they both hold warrs
level 2 is where ghoul beats lod since a ghoul fed from lvl 1 1-hit on 2 even with furb and holds sends easily whereas lod doesnt
in the game where i chose ghoul over lod i added mudman for 3
and lod + mud does about as well as 2 fed ghouls + mud on level 3 with lod + mudman being better on 4
on level 5 fed ghouls 2 shot birds with capt aura and i was able to hold 5 with 600 val that game
on level 6 ghoul is way better than lod and i was able to hold 6 with 600 val

so in conclusion ghoul is pretty fucking good

btw ghouls + capt + tot holds 5 easy with 540 val and only needs ~50 extra for 6!
thats better than aqua since aquas will need extra farm
Last edited by sude on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoretkPanda
Treant Protector

Postby BoretkPanda » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:33 pm

I assume there ist a reason u dont mention any lvl after 6

sude
Resource Storage

Postby sude » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:36 pm

panda if u dont see the point im trying to make then ur just a bad player

7years
Forest Walker

Postby 7years » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:01 pm

ghoul can be good yolo with slightly faster push than lod, as you describe (maybe a whisp more on 5 or 6). i also agree that it's really not that shit of a unit as some say here and in general a little bit underestimated. but still those small advantages never outweigh the downsides compared to lod imo: harder to efficiently hold 8, much harder to go mid 10 (especially important when rest of team sucks 10), more dead value after 10.

Return to “Processed Cases”