Hero of the empire autohost

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

BratPit
Basic Tree

Hero of the empire autohost

Postby BratPit » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:06 pm

loadcode: 19f52
Slot layout: 3 closed for bots. 8 open
Number of players: 1 to be playable, 8 for autostart (i guess there can be also 4 players autostart version because its easiest way to play this map)
Problems with map: absolutelly none. hero-empire.com site is active, map maker is active, any possible bugs and problems are very quickly fixed. The map is kind of hard but nowhere near Azeroth wars levels of APM.
Why the map should be autohosted:
1. Its great fun, hero survival type of game for 2-8 players. It has one big advantage over x-hero siege: it has better learning curve. Main point of this game is surviving most bosses. So if you are just learning you are fine with just 3-4 bosses. If you are better you intentionally dont win to bring later stronger bosses. And if you are weakest link in team you can still farm and be usefull for team. In x-siege, if you fall behind at the begining you will most likely not have any fun till the end of game.
2. has 3 ingame modes: normal: you have chances of defeating enemy and actually winning it survival: its almost impossible (not really. Just almost) to win the game, you just try to survive very strong enemies. Tournament: you cooperate with your friends and compete who is the best at the same time.
3.The game community is already quite big and growing (check out their site)
4.Leavers dont affect the gameplay THAT much (in AW leaver determines all game. Here if you dont fall below 4 you are ok and even below that you can still have great fun.)
5. The game takes significant ammounts of time (2-3h games are normal). So stability issues, and reconnect thingy is invaluable.
6. I have already private hosted it on b-net, gameranger and entconnect and if i didnt get full house its because we wanted to play 4.
Special notes:
There CAN be stats system like that: If anyone wins this game at least once. He gets 1 point. It will help to differentiate people who just begin their fun with the game from people who actually can play a bit. It isn't necessary in anyway though.

Please make it autohost. It's one of the best ranked map on the hive workshop and offers countless hours of just learning new hidden stuff while not really forcing you to know them. One of the best difficult/easy to learn balanced map i have ever played. Also THE most cooperation orientated game on autohost (if it will be aitohosted)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: Hero of the empire autohost

Postby HazarDous » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:51 pm

@BratPit

I see the map was hosted relavitely often through our hosting services. However, we will be needing more input from community to have it autohosted.

Seifer
Resource Storage

Postby Seifer » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:59 am

I think is the best idea having this map autohosted.

-Set autostart on 5 or 6 players(most players prefer to play as 4 but there are problems when the game start as a 4 players(the four lines are active) and the leavers left the game with less than 4.

-I think points should be giving for hours of play, because pro player never try to win the game they just wait for the strongest boss killing them all until one of this bosses that are 100 times harder than win the game kill the players and destroy the base, with points for winning the game pro players may end with less points than average players.

-I'm always have big delay playing on Legion TD I'm from America so I afraid to try DOTA here for example, if is possible to make 2 autohost for each games one hosted from America and one from Europe?

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:15 am

@hazardous I play this map a lot and tbh whilst it's insanely fun to play it's not the kinda thing that should be on autohost.

Average games are 2-3 hours.
Most players won't play with randoms, like ever.
Even if the autohost existed the majority of people would priv host it just because of how complicated it is and needing competent players.
There so many things that can go wrong with the map itself e.g if you scout the top left area of the map with any ability or unit that gives vision it instantly kicks everyone for maphacking because of an anti mh unit.
Likewise there's problems with rules, like game ruining etc. You can win the game via killing the enemy base. When it dies the game ends. People who play this game play to kill the periodic bosses that spawn and not to kill the base. In priv games people who push the base get kicked because the majority want to kill Death (a final boss) and some others.
There's just too many complications regarding what the "rules" would be and what would be considered game ruining etc.

Anyway, I love this map and I really enjoy it but auto host just isn't the right place for it imo :/

Seifer
Resource Storage

Postby Seifer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:59 pm

Quote: "Even if the autohost existed the majority of people would priv host it just because of how complicated"

I would like to play randoms games on autohost as long as I dont have to much lag, Im sure that plenty of players as well like to play randoms games but it doesn't really matter even if 100% of the current private host players didn't want to play the auto host, still be full house on autohost all the downloads players that are auto kicking, all the players that are kicking for don't know how to speak English or several others reasons, others problems can be solve easy like rules that are in any other autohost game but isn't really problems you play the autohost game for a random game you expect to randoms things happen, you play autohost for fun and find new players them you play a private game with the best players you find to get as far as you can.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sun May 01, 2016 9:58 pm

@BradPit @Seifer

Any comment on what Shadowzz said?

Still waiting for community input..

BratPit
Basic Tree

Postby BratPit » Mon May 02, 2016 5:20 am

Well yesterday i was playing with my friend. We wanted to play duo. But i minimalised The game for like 30s because i was looking for merging items on hero-empire forum. When i was back it was full house. It was about 13 CEST. So No rush hours on northrend. one Of The guys there soloed ancient woods before first boss. So thats about it in "pros dont play with random".

ilovechem
Basic Tree

Postby ilovechem » Tue May 03, 2016 5:51 am

yeah i agree

Seifer
Resource Storage

Postby Seifer » Thu May 05, 2016 5:46 am

HazarDous wrote:@BradPit @Seifer

Any comment on what Shadowzz said?

Still waiting for community input..

My last comment was replying to Shadowzz, he said that pro players do not play randoms autohost games, that is not true as you can see on Bratpit comment but even if it was true it doesn't matter there are plenty of players that want to play the game but they can't on private games, most of the private games autokick downloads players some of them are casual players that know the game but they not enter to games page to download the last versions also host on private games don't let players play for others reasons like don't know English or they simply don't play with people they do not know, to resume even if 100% of private games dont want to play autohost games(this is not the case most of that players will play) there will still be plenty of people that know the game and want to play the autohost.

For others issues there are rules and ban for people that do not follow the rules like in any other game in PvP games have bigger problems like trolls, feeders,etc and this games are autohosted. Oh by the way there is a PvP version of Hero of The Empire.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Thu May 05, 2016 8:50 am

@HazarDous Just wanted to note he both said that what I said was wrong due to bradpit's claimed comment and then agreed that pro players do not play with them and they get kicked. Bit contradictory....

Regardless of that, you should really just join a game of HoE yourself. It's probably the only way you're going to understand what I mean.

Even if you ignore the fact that the people who play it a lot will simply not use autohost you're still going to be stuck with a rules problem. I mean it's considered game ruining and you WILL be kicked in a private game if you ever push the base for any reason. Pushing the base is how you win and when you kill the base the game ends. But people who play this game consistently do not want to win, they want to survive the bosses who spawn periodically.

So what would be considered game ruining?
Pushing the base to win or refusing to push to not win?
Refusing to help with neutral bosses? Teammates are required to help and in priv you would just be kicked and banned but that won't work in autohost because it's opinion based.
People prep their heroes pre game because if you don't have a good composition you're not going to get past the 1hr 30min mark, will you be banned for picking an incorrect hero after the one you stated? Let's say the only tank on your team who said he was going to tank picks a dps, that's instant gg. You're just completely fucked. Game ruined.
This is my point, even if you ignore the fact that the bulk of people who actually play this game won't play autohost, you still have a HUGE problem with game rules. It's literally impossible to create rules for HoE without ruining someone's game.

Here's a replay - You'll notice a few game ruiners in this game - https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=7577179
People who left ruined it. People who just afked 1hr +. People who literally got bored after 2 hours and just left. Leaving us with no way to properly dps late game bosses. We made it to Michael with 3 people, that's the 2nd to final boss.
I watch full teams of 8 people in pubs not make it past 1hr 30mins. What do you think the chance is that people who play a lot actually want to play with this shit happening every game.

BratPit
Basic Tree

Postby BratPit » Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 am

Well. Same goes to you in contradiction matter. You had 1 guy who took blacksmith and left immediatelly. One who ragequit after 1h, useless wraith who then left after 2h. AND STILL! You killed death and took like 1/3 of michaels hp. Thats really good result. Sure it would be way nicer if they were pros like you and stayed for the rest of the game. Butt! It was on public. Every newb was allowed. And still you managed very very good result. I guess if you wanted to tryhard you would just make it private but still even with newbs you had (i hope) some fun. Pros will still be able to make private games and people with more casual attidute who don't know so many pros (maybe they are just good enough to win) could maybe meet some pros. And become better, And then with those pros just make it private and tryhard. I'm not considering myself a pro. I can barely beat baha solo. But sometimes i want to just fool around with the map not neceserily play for 3,5h of stressed out game. And autohost would make that way easier for me and people like me. Who just want to have fun with the map. Pros can always make private games. Whats the problem seriously.

And about who makes the rules: Well teal of course. First person who joins the room becomes teal and he is the boss. Just like in castle fight or X hero siege. First player chooses mods and initiates votekicks. I see no problem with the same for HoTE,

btw. Really nice worker play. Kudos.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Thu May 05, 2016 3:13 pm

I can't really argue with that lol.

But in my opinion the rules will need a lot more fleshing out than just leaving it to teal.

Side-Note: A lot of your reasons for wanting autohost seem to be you not being able to get into the private host @BratPit ? I play on USEast as do a lot of people who play this game privately. If you want to get into a private game with us then message me on Wc3 ShadowZz@USEast or inbox me your Wc3 account name on here.

Seifer
Resource Storage

Postby Seifer » Thu May 05, 2016 4:49 pm

I was not contradicted myself I said : ''Players that play private games will like to play on autohost games as well'' and ''Host of private games autokick downloads players kick players that dont know speak English,etc'' this second line does not contradict the first at all, and as I said is a fact that players of private games will play autohost games example me and BratPit will play autohost games as we there are several other players that will too and as I said again this doesn't matter at all, there will be enough players without the private players.
And as I said again there will be not more problem with the rules that there are on others autohosted games in others games only 1 player can make the team lose, here 1 players trying as hard as he want to ruin the game can't, if he push and doesn't listen to the team you can just votekick him as in your game you post 3 players that ruin games and you team still manage kill Death and hurt Michael so game wasn't ruined even with this 3.

Side-Note: For your comments I feel that you are against autohost games that is pretty suspicious, why a player of the game don't want his game been autohosting even if you never play an autohost game in what way it hurt you this game been autohosting?? I don't get it.

ShadowZz
Poison Treant

Postby ShadowZz » Thu May 05, 2016 5:05 pm

@Seifer Your contradiction was in saying that pros play in autohost and don't mind and then following that up by giving a reason for autohost being required is that you get kicked for being noob or dling.

I know you might not get this, but it does hurt the community if it is auto hosted. Because people who are new to the game or not that good will never get better because of the standard of the games in auto hosted. I also understand that it's contradictory but Me and my friends sometimes let new players play with us if they listen and learn but not a lot of people seem capable of that and auto hosting the game would not improve that end of the community. It would just encourage people to not care about being good at it and not care if the game goes nowhere so long as they don't get banned. On that subject creating rules for a game such as HoE is extremely difficult and whatever way you take it it won't encourage good play. It won't encourage extended games aimed at defeating late game bosses which is by all means the goal of the game. Rather it will limit the people who join the autohost and thus limit the people who actually get into the private games. I hope that makes more sense. In my opinion it's perfectly fine being auto hosted because those who cannot get into the private games simply host HoE themselves and eventually get better until they can. For me that system already works and encourages people to get better so they can get into the private game.

Seifer
Resource Storage

Postby Seifer » Sat May 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Never said people being kicking for been a noob, I said mainly casual players that can not play on private games for some reasons, they can be very good players by the way, I can play on private games with no problems, you sound too cocky just for you to know I know a lot more of the game than you do.

So your reason is that people cant get better with autohost, that is complete wrong that is the way most of the people start to play this game they find a random game and they didn't do to much them they play alone until get better an come again to an online better and get better results people dont need special lessons to learn they can learn by themselves our did you need special lessons to learn how to play this game?

Autohost will only benefits the game an community, help players that dont have where to play, make the game more popular, if the game become more popular the game creator will keep updated. with autohost all players win even you that never will play it you will have new updates thanks to it, without autohost we all lose eventually.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”