Clog

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

HazarDous
Staff Department

Clog

Postby HazarDous » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Hello everyone,

While clogging is a glitch, it is a hardly possible to fix it entirely, regardless of the rule we come up with as everyone has a different definition and interpretation of clog.

As we are hearing more and more concerns about clogging in LTD Mega, we would like to learn more about the community's opinion regarding this dilemna and possibly come up with a solution.

In order to do so, we would like you to answer a little survey regarding the issue.

Link to survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

We will be monitoring the survey answers in the next two weeks, please share the word in-game to gather as much input as possible.

Qvist
Treant

Re: Clog

Postby Qvist » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:08 pm

there is no problems with clog at all! Only problem is and has always been ballista-charriot not doing double dmg to king. Ruin levels like 8-12 and 14.

IamHodor
Forest Walker

Postby IamHodor » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi there,

I totaly disagree with the fact that CLOG should be banned.
Clog is a strategy definited by gaining time due to huge leaks. There is no glitch, bug or what ever you call that.
People are angry against CLOG for 2 reasons.
1st: They don't know how to win against it, which is very easy...
2nd: They don't like to play slow game and high income games.

THERE IS NO GLITCH, NO BUG. The question is: How to win against CLOG? It is easy to counter a CLOG, because the team which is Cloging will lose 1 heal minimum. So you got heal advantage. When you see opponent cloging (leaking 80+ lvl 4 or 5 without send or maxed king on early game), you just have to push full lumber. With king gold you will be able to build and get same lumber as opponent team which is cloging. You max king, then send 7 as they do. You are going to win the race and clog will be fail.

So, in my opinion, CLOG is NOT a glitch but just a strategy that people doesn't know much, so they lose against it most of the time. If people would know how to counter CLOG they would NEVER report.

Thanks,

Hodor.

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 pm

First of all thx for this post @Hazardous

And you are so wrong here @TimeFoRparty. For sure sometimes its easy to win against clog. But if the clogteam plays with engie archer turret or so its nearly not possible to win for you. 1.You have no healadvantage 10 because cloggerteam can ez steal 2heals 7. Second its hard to get the same push cause you get nearly no bounty gold from clogerteam. So if you play with an archer and push 7/5 fast you are recovered 10 and hold 10 and the other team will lose. So i just dont know why you think you know all about clog just because you won some games against a bad played clog!

Furthermore clog is not just lvl 4 5 6 clog. You can clog 15 really hard! So if the opponent team has an archer player and 3 heals after 10. The 3 not archer player push just 7/8 or 7/9 all. You 100% lose vs 70 leaks 15(and it doesnt matter if the archer is mid 15) What are you doing hodor?

And i Hazadous write excactly the point problem here and all ppl have "different definition and interpretation of clog"
So maybe just fill out the link and the mods will decide about the outcome. If we just start this clog discussion again and again this wont lead to anything.

StriK3r-
Armored Tree

Postby StriK3r- » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:04 pm

I have been banned for it. So it is not allowed - at least that whats the admins think.
If you do allow it now, it is nothing but pure anarchy. Just keep a clear path and don't start judging people differently

dweiler
Plague Treant

Postby dweiler » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:11 pm

I filled in the questionnaire and I would be happy to help in any way. Maybe if we can find an answer we can make 4v4 games a bit more fun again :)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

n1ll3
Treant

Postby n1ll3 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:20 pm

@striker
If you do allow it now, it is nothing but pure anarchy.

Why is a comunity decision anarchy? They just want to hear your opinion. And also in reallife the law is changed from time to time(and its no anarchy when a country change or abolish a law)

Just keep a clear path

Thats just the goal of this post...

elokiller
Armored Tree

Postby elokiller » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:32 pm

tbh I would immediately stop playing if you allow that shit strat where u leak 4-6 with full reg/hp king

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:30 pm

Submitted. Keep in mind, that opinions from 1200+ and lihl players might differ a lot, since the play styles also differ.

gurjop
Forest Walker

Postby gurjop » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:42 pm

More experienced players, would it help if you were only able to up hp to 10 and reg to 5 until lvl 7 starts (attack how much you want ofc)? That way you'd have to up attack or burn heals while wasting time.
holymoly: lot of ppl want play with me.
ROFL

Sk-73
Forest Walker

Postby Sk-73 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:43 pm

Hello

I'm totally aggre with Hodor "clog" is just a strategy its the base of LegionTD, like you all know the point in LTD is to hold the more less you can with pushing the max as you can

If you play 1200+ you can see on a lots of game the players pushing after 5 and up the king for 7 if not immo isn't it a sort of clog??
Also at arena or before 10 most of player push 7/6 to attempt 15race with the biggest send isn't it clog to ???

After what you all speack about intentional/nointentional clog ??? so if your team rolls x2 engi x1 wagon and x1 aqua you can easilly (nointentional clog) because 4-5 is you way to push ?? Isn't this again multiply the luck factor in LTD

I guess we should just remove any rules about the clog or make a LTD bot where u can clog so everyone is happy but its just a supposition since alot of players found the clog game intersting and funny to.

Excuse my frog/geek english but i hope you can read me

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:13 pm

U are trying to make 2 different things the same - pushing full, leaking one level without send 50+, making that level last forever, and making game slow with sends, making good call when will other team leak big which will make game slower -> WHICH IS THE POINT OF LTD. Making right calls, right sends, and hold other sends, survive them, w/e. Intetional cloging from the begining of the game is simplest, dumbest tactic, which every noob can do it, and win without ANY skill.

People, realise, clog is not skill, or skilled tactic, and it should remain ban-able.

Cheers !
D.S. 1989

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:55 pm

I'm with Vendeta here. It's very certainly not the intention of LTD to go for leak 60+ units on lvl 5 and 6 with ea ygg and aqua (for example). This is pure abuse which was just not foreseen when developing the map and is plain stupid, because this has nothing to do with the intention of holding a lane in LTD...

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Ofc jamo. I mean, cloging is ban-able for ages, its well known as dumb tactic, abusing the map, and now, from nowhere, suddenly they asking should it be ok ? Ofc its not ok. Then lets allow more than 120 corner delays, and swaping auras. Pure nonsense.
D.S. 1989

TinSoldier
Treant Protector

Postby TinSoldier » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:10 pm

Legion TD players are the whiniest, bitchiest lowest skilled gamers of WC3. The game is based almost exclusively on luck if you play it on any high level and the metas and strategies change often. The biggest cry babies i've seen are the ones who are accustomed to one style of game play and now that the narrative doesn't suit what they're used to, have made a huge deal about things being "unplayable". I don't like clog, I don't like people suiciding lanes or any other low skill plays, but thats just how the game has evolved in light of the current suicide strategy and clog 15 that all these whiny bitches love to use, but ironically cry about clog on 5/6. I'd love to see a solution for this, but not some half assed rule that prevents one type of clog but allows the other. And if we can't do that, leave it as it is. Clog was the meta and the status quo for a long time until halibels game update and people will get used to it again until some other meta is developed to counter it.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”