Clog

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Re: Clog

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:34 pm

aRt)Y wrote:This suggestion is merely to define exact parameters to have a unified judgement by moderators. To make things more transparent so all are happy.

Oxodus as arty said, they want to define exact parameters, not to change the map.
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:29 pm

Stiff_Maistar wrote:
aRt)Y wrote:This suggestion is merely to define exact parameters to have a unified judgement by moderators. To make things more transparent so all are happy.

Oxodus as arty said, they want to define exact parameters, not to change the map.
If we can avoid having moderators judge clogging cases by having the map do it, then we are all for it.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:53 pm

I haven't played ltd in like 2 years, but from what i understand, for this you just underbuild and leak purposefully while pushing income and king upgrades and then send on 7 to win? How is it a glitch in any way? Isn't deciding when to send, when to build and when to income the entire game besides repeating the same general setups with whichever units you're handed?

oxoDus
Treant

Postby oxoDus » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:12 pm

@aRt)Y
oxoDus wrote:If you guys want to kill leak+regen tactics make regen inefficient on early lvls. Such as 10-20regen would have the same effect as 10 regen until lvl 7. This way you would need to up atk/hp or use spells on lvl 5 to save heals = no time for cloggers. The idea of this is that you don't really need more than 10 regen pre lvl 7 unless your intention is to clogg. (10 regen is just an example it can be any number wich you think would be most efficent vs clog).

is this makes any sense to you or do you have valid points to deny this solution?

All regen after 10ups can go to "reserve regen" and activate on lvl 7 and further. (This way you can still get income if you want to hide hp with stomp for example)
El Psy Congaroo

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:14 am

Why not just put it clearly in the rules: Do Not Clog, while also having do not glitch/exploit the game. Not everyone has the mind to understand what is a glitch/exploit if you spell it out there is no confusion. If they say they do not know what a clog is, well then they are lying if they did clog actions for instance leak on lvls 4/5/6 and upgrade the kings hp/regen and not upgrade attack in order to not kill the creeps in one or even two hits. Then there is no excuse, it will then be handled on a case by case basis, and remember just because someone ban requests someone for a clog does not mean that it is a clog.

fraiche
Basic Tree

Postby fraiche » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:52 pm

if 4 ppl leak to king without send = clog
if 3 ppl leak without send 1 holder= clog?
what about 4 enginers in the same team? LEAK TO LVL5?
and with new version 560 value on 6 not enoug sometimes clog?
if ppl get shitY units what about suicide? suicide allowed or not?
4 ppl cant suicide? = CLOG

and if 4 ppl leak to king but THEY up king attack ? ASIMILATE to CLOG OR? ( without send)

NB: Suicide after lvl 4

so if we dont have aqua nm ea inf enginer we cant push harder after lvl 4?
HOW much leak to king considering as clog?

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11 pm

@fraiche most typically people do not leak 10+ creeps PER WAVE (40+total) on lvl 4 without a send the only exception is if someone plays engi wrong. Grizz can hold lvl 5 while also pushing hard after 4, if u have 1 grey and 1 grizz u will hold 5/6 without build. Harlots also hold 5/6 without build if u have i believe it is 3/4 harlot if u add a t2 or something. U do not need those builds to be able to push. IMO if u leak 30+ on 4 and then leak another 50+ on 5 and then another 50+ on 6; ALL WITHOUT SENDS; I find that to be clogg. If people up attack however, to lets say 2 att on 5; which is 2 hit; but they do not stomp/wave then in my opinion that is clogg as well. Same holds for lvl 6. As i expressed before I think it would need to be review on a case by case basis but there are specific clog tactics/techniques that people implement and can not be defended. For instance if u leak on 4/5/6 and you do not build something significant in an attempt to hold then you are clogging, this has to be on a team basis because typically clog is a 4 man play not 1/2.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:33 pm

Survey deadline is over. We will now start reviewing the responses and possible solutions to clog. Wish us luck. :)
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

smokedope123
Forest Walker

Postby smokedope123 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:55 pm

aRt)Y wrote:Survey deadline is over. We will now start reviewing the responses and possible solutions to clog. Wish us luck. :)

@aRt)Y Good luck. Mind sharing the survey result? Clicking the link won't display it.

Resource Storage

Postby 131312 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi all!

Bit late post but the bot is still advertising the discussion so I add my $ 0.02. I personally feel that clogging is not that of a big issue but if you lose to it, it is rather frustrating. But I am just a Mega player, I do not know if it is in the other games. Most frustrating part is if you realise that the other team is clogging but you cannot convince your team to counter it cause they do not know this strategy.
But nevertheless I think if it is possible by the map it should be allowed to do so. Adding rules just makes the game play more clumsy and if one breaks a rule the damage is done, all you can do is to report but this will neither fix your game experience nor makes you unlose the game.
But I also think it is no in the "spirit" of the map to win by intentionally leaking. If one team can make the other team leak it should get a reward and should not be punished. So imho if it is possible to change the map (and the maintainer is willing to do so) to make clogging less attractive or even impossible in a clear and not too complicated way, this is the way to go. I read some good suggestions about this in the thread and I personally prefer the more gold to the other team if leak to king.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:39 am

ImageClogging is a big issue for both public and league games. ENT has hoped to find good solutions for clogging which dont affect the game too much.

Regarding rules, clogging has been classified as an exploit.

Therefore, clogging (as exploit) is ban-able in public and all league games under ENT's general rules and may not be abrogated. The majority of users agreed on that anyway.
The LIHL intern poll is in favor of banning all forms of clogging as of 01/02/17, too.

Now comes the interesting part. How is clogging defined? Before we continue, we would like to clarify that LIHL has now the jurisdiction to define its own parameters of clogging while keeping clogging itself banned.

For public games, however, the rule will be: Do not intentionally clog. It applies to all ENT hosted LTD games.
It's a team effort. People who intentionally clog show signs of (not building value) and (over-pushing lumber) and while the suicide strat is still out there - it's generally announced and only acted on as solo, as to where this generation of clogging is, as stated, a team effort.

Changes will be officially announced on Saturday. Starting to be enforced Sunday.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”