Clog

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Sk-73
Forest Walker

Re: Clog

Postby Sk-73 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Understand but not approve ! and i hope this (rules) will be not voted and i get unbaned for all clog detractor :lol: :lol:

thor_god
Aura Tree

Postby thor_god » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:06 pm

You shouldn't get unbanned considering you broke the rules numerous times and knew you were breaking them. This post is independent of you breaking rules for the past like 2 weeks.

fraiche
Basic Tree

Postby fraiche » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:18 pm

we did clog but enemy always win clog=free win for the other team. can we get a bot where clog is allowed?
so ppl have choice.... like cross is allowed on mega. sorry for my language but im french dont know english

pikachuQQ ban until 23/12/16 comeback for christmas :D :o

Uryn
Forest Walker

Postby Uryn » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 pm

cross is way more broken than the clog strategy. so it should be allowed on mega at least, why not.

VincentVega
Resource Storage

Postby VincentVega » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:13 am

Simply its an exploit, no matter what some guys think or interpret this.
But using it, is no reason for ban i think, I would just recommend to fix it by the map-developers very soon.

Some Ideas for fixing:
- Something like a timer for every round, needing several rounds too long then lumberjack stopped for a time period or any other disadvantage.
- The bounty/Kings gold minus equality of gold for it: too many leaks = much lesser gold for it.
- Option-able standard active command for complete Sudden death mode: After the game takes too long for some sequences (time up to 5, time up to 10 etc) both teams get same disadvantage that make the advantage of the clogs team lesser effective. For example decrease huge of lumber or wisp dying.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:20 am

fraiche wrote:yes im not sure too so enjoy your ltd without clog and try get a rules against suicider too its same
guys with 200 350 400 val on arena who pushed 7/9

Clog and suicide are 2 very different things. Level with 1 suicider cant last minutes, and if whole team clog's, 1 level can last couple minutes.
D.S. 1989

knorris
Resource Storage

Postby knorris » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 am

Indeed, if we should allow clog, LTD 1200 is no more i guess...

Mapchanges to remove clog would be awesome, until then make rules about it... This is just pathetic playstyle.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:20 pm

knorris wrote:Indeed, if we should allow clog, LTD 1200 is no more i guess...

Mapchanges to remove clog would be awesome, until then make rules about it... This is just pathetic playstyle.
I am not sure where you guys have this... Clog is ban-able. Even now.

This suggestion is merely to define exact parameters to have a unified judgement by moderators. To make things more transparent so all are happy.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

knorris
Resource Storage

Postby knorris » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:51 pm

but never seen clog as an issue in LTD 1200, but last week it has been the case...

Make it clear then in the rules, please

eTeRNaL_DrEaMeR
Armored Tree

Postby eTeRNaL_DrEaMeR » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Im not such a great fan of clogging technique, however it shouldnt be banned.. (at least not on mega)

KiwiKiller[QQ]

Postby KiwiKiller[QQ] » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:32 pm

eTeRNaL_DrEaMeR wrote:Im not such a great fan of clogging technique, however it shouldnt be banned.. (at least not on mega)

@eTeRNaL_DrEaMeR
I'm sorry, but I highly disagree with this. Clogging (on early lvls like 4-5-6 to send big on 7) is an exploit and it SHOULD be banned especially on Mega, even though I don't play there, because it is full of noobs that have no idea how to counter this strategy. It would make the gap between experimented players and new players even higher.

oxoDus
Treant

Postby oxoDus » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:20 am

Here I am again with another suggestion...
If you guys want to kill leak+regen tactics make regen inefficient on early lvls. Such as 10-20regen would have the same effect as 10 regen until lvl 7. This way you would need to up atk/hp or use spells on lvl 5 to save heals = no time for cloggers. The idea of this is that you don't really need more than 10 regen pre lvl 7 unless your intention is to clogg. (10 regen is just an example it can be any number wich you think would be most efficent vs clog).
El Psy Congaroo

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:19 pm

Here is a suggestion on how we could define clog:
Clog post 10 can be defined as:
1) Saving gold with the intent to leak more on the level you are sending.

Lihl has the rule "Do not save more than 200 gold when sending with the intent to leak more" so adding that or a similar rule could force players to use their gold instead of having lots of gold on the sending lvl to leak alot and clog.

Clogging pre 10 is a bit harder to define.

For example on lvl 8: Depending on how much a team leaks, people usally goes for regen upgrades, and making the king two-three shot the creeps (only if its safe). This tactic is common among the community i think, to stall time for a bigger send on 10.
This could be called clogging aswell since they are trying to stall time for a bigger send on lvl 10. Tho it has not been considered as clog yet.

So Clog pre 10 could be defined as:
1) The team is purposely with the king three shooting the creeps when there is no danger to use a heal in order to stall time. (This will force them to upgrade the dmg on the king atleast, vs lvl 5, 6 and 8 atleast).
2) The team is from the start planning to purposely leak to the king at any levels in order to stall time. (Such as the clog cases have been now)
3) When the team is going just hardcore yolo so they leak hard on lvl 4 to 6.
3 a) to avoid falling under the definition at 3) when the team got 4x hard yolos such as: 1xEngi-1xWagon-1xSprite and 1xOgre. The team need to upgrade the dmg on the king so it is oneshooting the creeps in order to not stall.
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

oxoDus
Treant

Postby oxoDus » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Stiff_Maistar that would require to add another rule to force up atk. I believe mods don't want to create more rules but to change the map itself. Thus I stick to my suggestion which would allow players to do what they want, but inefficient regen would make clogg die as it would make lose too many heals.
El Psy Congaroo

Im_Halp
Treant

Postby Im_Halp » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:25 pm

You can also consider on lvl 5/6 if the team has stomp/wave and do not use either to help kill the creeps that this would then b a form of clogging; if there is a substantial amount of creeps leaked.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”