Unban appeal

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

RexConnors
Basic Tree

Unban appeal

Postby RexConnors » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Your Warcraft III username: RexConnors / Pandamarines
Realm/Gateway: uswest
Why are you banned: "Refusal to kick game ruiner"
Why you should be unbanned: Red picked a gamemode that was never announced. We asked for draw wave 1 and they refused saying he did announce, but multiple members on East (my team) said they never saw. Blue then built a build that they didn't like and asked us to draw for them. If half our team didn't want to play a certain gamemode and red/west refused to draw, me, (and my team) didn't feel that it was reasonable to kick the person on their team because red/teal/purp didn't like the way they played.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Re: Unban appeal

Postby Rain- » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:10 pm

viewtopic.php?t=106208 here is the ban request for your info check what mod said on ther review for your ban and wait until original mod who review replies

@Civiliznations
These users thanked the author Rain- for the post:
RexConnors (Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:44 pm)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 pm

As I said in the topic that Gdragon linked, the mode was announced in the lobby several times. He did not say it during the countdown, but the only player that missed this was kissmylove, so the only person that could have a grievance against him is this player.

Regardless, TKing is not justifiable just because you don't like the mode red put (even if it was unannounced, you are still obligated to play on.). And it was TK, as is clear from the chat:

(04:10 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: you ruined game
(04:17 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: got ea
(04:18 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: ^^
(04:26 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: cross red
(04:31 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: he solt
(04:31 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: I didn't say it but I wanted to cross
(04:32 / Allied) Klaa.Hoebell: ;)
(04:36 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: now deal with it
(04:40 / Allied) WhenImWithYou: ;)

06:48 / All) WhenImWithYou: I just didn't call it beforehand, just like how red didn't call mode beforehand

He sold all his towers and tried to force a cross without saying so (and it was too late to cross really, anyway; just selling value alone can be a TK offense) As you can see above he did this because he was pissed about the mode (which was visible to him in the lobby). This is not a disagreement over playstyle, this is a clear TK attempt. This was explained in the All chat when a votekick was started:

(06:27 / All) Klaa.Hoebell: blue solt units
(06:27 / All) Klaa.Hoebell: if u dont kick i report u
(06:29 / All) Klaa.Hoebell: !votekick when

The above quote from WhenImWithYou admitting he didnt call cross is in All chat as well. So you saw his leaks, saw him admitting he forced a cross, and it was also clear that he was mad about the mode, plus when the votekick was started you were informed of the reason. There is no excuse for not voting here.

Do you understand this @RexConnors? It's important that you do if the appeal is to proceed. I need to be sure you understand the reasons why you were banned and accept them. If you do, please go to the Wiki and copy and paste the rule you believe you broke and indicate to me that it will not happen again.
These users thanked the author Quetra for the post:
RexConnors (Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:44 pm)

RexConnors
Basic Tree

Postby RexConnors » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:38 pm

Ah, ok thanks for the responses.

I understand that I broke this rule:
"You are obligated to !votekick any player that has broken any of ENT's rules. If someone or several indicate that a particular player is game ruining, you, as a player in the game, are obligated to question/check about the situation/claim.
If a votekick is initiated to kick a visible game ruiner, all players are obligated to !yes.
It is possible to game ruin by being new. In this case, votekick will only be valid if the new player refuses to learn and cooperate. Just because someone is a newbie or bad does not mean he is intentionally game ruinning.
Maphack can only be confirmed once the replay is reviewed after a game. Therefore, it is invalid to initiate a votekick on someone solely due to suspicions.
When you initiate a !votekick, you should clearly explain "Who" and "How" the violator is game ruining via all chat.
You are free to refuse to votekick someone when there is lack of evidence/visible rule violation. However, communicate your decision via all chat, too.
If you are unsure that someone on the opposite team is game ruinning, ask the other team for clarification via all chat."

By not vote kicking I was enabling the TK which is against the rules and a toxic form of gameplay. I wouldn't want someone like this in my games again.

In the future I will votekick when given situations like this from the enemy team.

Thanks,
Rex

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you for your cooperation @RexConnors. You're unbanned now.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Appeals”