Ridiculous ban for "abusing"

Looking for your appeal? Approved or denied appeals are archived here.

Moderator: ENT Staff

MASStt
Basic Tree

Ridiculous ban for "abusing"

Postby MASStt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 am

Your Warcraft III username: MASS-T.t
Realm/Gateway: Europe
Why are you banned: "Abusing" shared control in castle fight (https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=107070&p=422649&hilit=mass+t.t#p422649)
Why you should be unbanned: I was clearly not abusing. The rules says to not abuse, and I am totally fine with that. But he was the only one with rescue strike left in our team, and we were seconds from losing if he didn't strike. If I didn't use his strike, he would have done it himself in the matter of a second after I did it, or we would have lost.

How is that abuse?
It's not like i striked in the open just to be a douchebag.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Ridiculous ban for "abusing"

Postby Quetra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:23 am

@MASStt the player clearly did not share control with you so that you could determine at what point he would use his RS, he did so to allow you to view his unit spawn times to help with correct syncing/RS timing. And it does matter at what point he uses his RS, as he may have wanted to do it slightly later in order to get more optimal spawns after the RS was used to make it more likely that you would push back. Either way, it's his decision for the timing to use RS and it is abuse to take that away from him when he did not consent to you using it.

Do you understand this @MASStt ? What would you do in the future if the same situation arose?

MASStt
Basic Tree

Postby MASStt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:32 am

Civiliznations wrote:@MASStt the player clearly did not share control with you so that you could determine at what point he would use his RS, he did so to allow you to view his unit spawn times to help with correct syncing/RS timing. And it does matter at what point he uses his RS, as he may have wanted to do it slightly later in order to get more optimal spawns after the RS was used to make it more likely that you would push back. Either way, it's his decision for the timing to use RS and it is abuse to take that away from him when he did not consent to you using it.

Do you understand this @MASStt ? What would you do in the future if the same situation arose?

Dear Civiliznations

If I understand this?
No. Not really. Abusing is, for me, a quite strong word. I was clearly trying to help the team for the better good. I thought with him giving me access to his units implicit gave me the right to use his RS in emergency situations.
I did not in any way abuse what was given to me. And I did not, in any way, try to make him or the team suffer, nor did I try to behave toxic. I do not agree with this beeing a 3 day ban.

In the future, i would take the loss instead of saving the team even if I had the opportunity. Since it's clearly what is in line with ENT's policy.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:48 am

@MASStt What was the purpose behind using his RS then? He was perfectly capable of using the RS himself, and it wasn't like he was AFK. The fact that he submitted a ban request for you in the first place makes it obvious he wasn't happy with you using control for that purpose, and it's well known that people share in CF for the purpose of syncing units/to see unit queue, not to use the RS of your teammates. What is it if not abuse of the control given if you use such an important ability without his consent? And it wasn't like the castle was about to die, it was damaged but not that damaged. I myself would have saved the RS for longer to catch more units.

I can't unban you until you accept that it's abuse to use someone's RS without their permission or I won't be satisfied that you have fully understood the rule.

SeriouslyStrange
Poison Treant

Postby SeriouslyStrange » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 pm

@MASStt
It boils down to this: Did you have permission to use RS from the shared control? Is that why he shared control with you? No.
Regardless if it gave you a win, or whatever; you did not have permission for it.
Let's just play nice.
NOT!

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 pm

Ban expired
MAGA

Return to “Processed Appeals”