[AuToHoSt] Hero Push

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

1337hamburger
Treant

[AuToHoSt] Hero Push

Postby 1337hamburger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Link to map (or load code if it's on the public hosting bot): ehzi1 (load code)
Slot layout if applicable (for example, if some slots need to be closed): it is a 2v2v2v2 map, and I suggest it be played that way.
Number of players until autostart: 8
Problems with map (like cheats and such), if any: No game breaking issues to my knowledge (like cheats), but there are some minor balance issues, not that it really matters.
Why the map should be autohosted: This game is autohosted by the wTc clan, however that bot starts like a few games a month, it is also hosted on "funbot" but the bots they have are very strange. Although the games on funbot do start (roughly 15-30 games a day if I were to guess), the bots have mad ping and no reliability.
Special notes: I personally find this game to be a lot of fun, it is the only custom that I enjoy enough that I will solo queue for it and play without friends.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Re: [AuToHoSt] Hero Push 3.3

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:44 pm

@1337hamburger
No.
We alrdy do this and the [Fun] is related to us(in some ways). And the newer version(s) have protections that prevents them from beeing hosted on other bots aswell.
So I suggets that you just host it yourself with mmh or ent rather then ENT starting to autohost it.
I myself even talked with arty about something like this and the idea wasnt looked upon with great enthusiasm. So seems like this is not something that ENT would like to do.
( + The map you linked is the 3.3 version)

Extra notes:
However if you wanna have some people to play with just come over to EU and hang/play with us we got a discord channel aswell.
We'll probably have a tourney in the near future with the new 3.5 version aswell so I suggest you keep your eyes open for that :)

1337hamburger
Treant

Re: [AuToHoSt] Hero Push

Postby 1337hamburger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:57 pm

@wtc[jedimaster]
Do you have any insight on the buggy-ness of the funbots?
They seem to often just kick everyone instead of starting, they also change their host number every time the bot refreshes.

lordmillt
Treant

Postby lordmillt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 am

Can you even do map protection against other hosting bots?
Having an unstable internet connection or a high risk of lagging out? Are you tired of losing a won game because you disconnected?
    Do not worry, there are solutions to solve your problem!
    • ENT Connect is a on LAN connection based reconnection tool (no cd-keys needed).
    • GProxy++(Varlock) is a reconnection tool for the battle.net with an external prompt.
    • GProxy++ DLL is a reconnection plugin for battle.net (Recommended).
    For technical issues or questions, post a topic in the technical support forum.

http://www.twitch.tv/linco2 Check it out :=)

ping
    Basic Tree

Postby ping » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 am

lordmillt wrote:Can you even do map protection against other hosting bots?

You can add in W3MMD codes onto the map that "communicates" to the bot (I'm not sure how hero push does it, but it would be similar). It really shouldn't be used for disabling other bots from hosting because that also disallows users to play in single player and via self-hosts or LAN.
    These users thanked the author ping for the post:
    lordmillt (Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm)

aRt)Y
    Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:42 pm

As long as there's the other bot, use ENT's private hosting, please.
      Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
        Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”