Night of the Dead 3 map suggestion

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

B1ameMeNot
Basic Tree

Night of the Dead 3 map suggestion

Postby B1ameMeNot » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello ENT team,

I am not that active forum contributor so 1st of all I'd like to thank you for your efforts. WC3 lives longer also cuz of this I suppose.

Now to the point. I'd like to suggest a map for your autohosting bots callled Night of the Dead 3.

Load code: 6its1
Number of players until autostart: 6
Problems with map (like cheats and such), if any: none except it is hard for beginners, but one exped player can lead team to win in new player mode.
Why the map should be autohosted: It is a zombie survival that was originally live in 2004 was really popular for numerous years and lives still.
It may get more popular these days and possibly replace one of maps with low demand on ur list.
Special notes: autoban not needed i guess

Cheers.
Last edited by B1ameMeNot on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Re: Night of the Dead 3 map suggestion

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7410
use this form
It should be easyer to find on the forum/wiki tho IMO but there it is :P
@B1ameMeNot
:)
These users thanked the author wTc[JediMaster] for the post:
B1ameMeNot (Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:32 pm)

B1ameMeNot
Basic Tree

Postby B1ameMeNot » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 pm

wTc[JediMaster] wrote:use this form :)

Done. Ty @JediMaster !

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:56 am

While the host count is on 832, the last privately hosted game was in April.. and the majority of games hosted is by you.

Unfortunately, these stats dont justify autohosting it. @B1ameMeNot
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

B1ameMeNot
Basic Tree

Postby B1ameMeNot » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:31 pm

aRt)Y wrote:While the host count is on 832, the last privately hosted game was in April.. and the majority of games hosted is by you.

Unfortunately, these stats don't justify autohosting it. @B1ameMeNot

The reason for the last hosted game in April are the latest blizz patches. Since then private hosting stopped working for me. Game is given name but either it is not showing in the game list or it is impossible to join it via official realms.

It is still not working now so we host via MMH approximately at the same pace. Others who hosted on ENT also do host on MMH now because the same reason with private hosting.

Also I used innate Opera functionality for autofilling the form on ENT link, so usually it was me who hosted if ppl gathered for a game - 2 clicks and game was on. Others were not able/willing to do that same way for different reasons.

Previously in 2016 we had a period when we used our own bots so most of games were hosted there until owner disbanded his clan and got inactive.

Hope this explains these peculiarities.

All in all this map gets certain strata of gamers hooked so it probably may get some attention of ENT audience - seems that there are no similar maps in pool.

Anyway, it would be nice to give it a try if you consider that feasible regarding my inputs.
Cheers.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:10 pm

@B1ameMeNot Well, that's sort of the issue. If the game was only hosted by you and only because enough players gathered to join, it doesn't really speak for the game's popularity.

Unless I mis-interpreted your post.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

B1ameMeNot
Basic Tree

Postby B1ameMeNot » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 pm

@aRt)Y

I guess you got it right. But I will detail something else to show a clearer picture.

When I spoke of popularity I meant years ago when clan NOTD or clan ZMC were there. Right now notd is not anywhere near popular like that - largely because it is not known widely and has a reasonable difficulty barrier. However WC3 CG community shrinked in quantity but grew in quality. So it may be fun to those who like zombie survivals.

Regarding hosting data. I guess I am not the only hoster for these 800+ games hosted on ent. I did like 200-300 of these prolly, not more. And we had much more games via other hosting options where others hosted or bot hosted. I mean the game is not mine solo precious :) It is just a part of the picture you can see via ent or mmh data. And it is biased because if I wouldn't play much during last 6 months some other guys from clan SOTN would have hosted.

An usual public game attracts not only those from our clan or discord. From 2 to 4 newcomers usually join if we wait 5-10 mins and game name made explanatory (like "Zombie survival +1"). 2-3 ppl out of 10 usually get interested to play more. It is an average demand based on my perception.

If you need other level of popularity for you map pool - then notd 3 wont fit I guess. However if there are no zombies survs among your maps, you may give it try and remove in case your expectations will be proved and it will not fit to custom game demand.

The game itself is impossible to win solo - requires a team preferably with at least one exped player. So it is a rare case that it is re-hosted by new guy. Very few would do that on their own but many surely would give it a new try if game was readily there.

Hope it makes an additional input for a decision.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:54 am

oh ye there used be be clans for most maps back in the days xD
gota miss those times when you were able to play without having to worry about blizz messing up the game :(

@B1ameMeNot would you not be able to try and rebuild a playerbase without a autohosting bot for it? you might still have people out there that aint on bnet that plays it alot, no?

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:54 am

Due to limited resources, additional bots will not be added at this point. Perhaps once Blizzard has slowed down their patching process.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”