New ENT Banner

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Re: New ENT Banner

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:56 pm

@Unitil It's ENT's image proxy currently not working. Has nothing to do with the clients/users.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm

@aRt)Y

Only meant this as a potential bypass for clients until ENT's image proxy issue was resolved. Seems the only issue is that the browser sees the site as a potential security risk due to an expired certificate. Adding an exception allows one to view the photos on the image proxy once more.

Example:
Spoiler!
Before:
Before.PNG
Before.PNG (43.04 KiB) Viewed 853 times

Security Prompt When clicking "View Image" in firefox
Security prompt.PNG
Security prompt.PNG (26.19 KiB) Viewed 853 times

After adding exception:
After.PNG
After.PNG (151.42 KiB) Viewed 853 times

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Bump.

So there's been a lot of back and forth, a lot of mixed thoughts. Personally, I don't particularly agree with any of the inputs given here but no big deal. I will however offer this header which is (my idea of) full size.

Header: http://i.imgur.com/ohG3qXL.png
How it (should) look when you enter the site: http://i.imgur.com/JSnhgvQ.png

I like it. It's change, and this site hasn't seen any real change in all the years I've been here. Feel free to leave your input, again dislike/like isn't really important as my point behind this was to give something fresh to ENT. :)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:45 pm

The coloring works, and so does the background.

Can't say I like the main font with so many soft edges though. And I can't say the cursive font works that well for a gaming site. Also you might also want to try all lower case in the future. If the title is all caps, all lower case would look better for the caption.

It nice and balanced now. But you forgot the search bar on the top right. Once you add that, it'll throw everything off.

That picture might still work, just zoom it out a little, so there is more of the dark wing on the right, move the text to the left, and maybe change the font.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Who says the search bar would stay? There's search bars in the subforum, it wouldn't be a big necessity.

Meh, that font was 1 out of maybe 50 that I saw that I liked. I can't/won't find another suitable one. I've tried lower case but the variant for this one looks rather ugly.

Meh, zooming the picture out would defeat the purpose of the picture at all. It's not suppose to stand out compared to the text, I angled it pretty accurately to where it would fit right in with the text.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:11 am

Well, that's just my opinion on the font

Av1oN wrote:Who says the search bar would stay? There's search bars in the subforum, it wouldn't be a big necessity.

Every forum I visit at least on a semi regular basis has a search bar at the top. If it's moved lower, so it's on the same line as the "board index < admin < sugg" it would work.

Av1oN wrote:Meh, zooming the picture out would defeat the purpose of the picture at all. It's not suppose to stand out compared to the text, I angled it pretty accurately to where it would fit right in with the text.

The picture works perfectly as is, i agree. There is good balance with positive and negative space, just the way it is, including the text. But not if he search bar is placed in the same place it is now.

Anyways.... up to arty :)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:17 am

@Av1oN part from no adblock it looks good :)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:20 pm

shalama wrote:The coloring works, and so does the background.

Can't say I like the main font with so many soft edges though. And I can't say the cursive font works that well for a gaming site. Also you might also want to try all lower case in the future. If the title is all caps, all lower case would look better for the caption.

It nice and balanced now. But you forgot the search bar on the top right. Once you add that, it'll throw everything off.

That picture might still work, just zoom it out a little, so there is more of the dark wing on the right, move the text to the left, and maybe change the font.
I completely agree with this post.

Perhaps having few variations of this picture with different fonts and different levels of zoom of the background would be great. @av1on

Edit: The current image is only 1/2 of the page width. Make yours smaller, so the search bar fits in well, too.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:26 pm

I like it the way it is, sorry. Search bar can be moved.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Is that to be interpreted as a no in regards to providing variations?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:25 pm

It's to be interpreted as the header (to the best of my capability) was worked on for more then an hour trying to find a suitable font, image and proper coloring to match the general theme of ENT. I'd rather not start taking it apart again unless it's a matter of resizing.

@shalama however is more than welcome to tinker around with his own variant behind it if he wants. I'll provide him the background in which I used if such is the case. ^^

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:04 pm

No, thank you. I did what i did only because i was bored at work, using just paint and MS word.

I guess if you've exhausted your imagination, might as well archive. It was a good try.

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 am

Am I the only one triggered by knowing there's obviously some person missing on the left side? Seeing Something was completely cut off out of the image is really not doing well to my OCD :D
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Essenze
Donator

Postby Essenze » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:27 am

Not sure if the size was mentionned already, but if not, what do you need? I'll try something when I wake up :D

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:16 pm

740x125 is the current one.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”