HR LTD Bot

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

eldryan
Plague Treant

HR LTD Bot

Postby eldryan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 am

1200+ is very successful and LIHL is struggling with discord.

Solution: Make a 1600+ bot that needs a verified forum account linked. Only one account per player in the hr bot. No vouch/unvouch process except elo and ent bans. No excess drama, same rules as 1200 except account link. The games are also auto balanced. No "dodge" bans (since there are enough players). Obviously certain players may get boosted into the bot, but they can only have one account in hr and it will drop below 1600 often. Every season reset highest elo to 1850 (but keep record in !lms of highest elo achieved).

Make all games on 1200 bot have diminishing Elo wins after 1800. Pub bot diminishes after 1500 (to make players succeed on 1200 before using hr bot). This way "top elo" means something in public ltd rankings.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Re: HR LTD Bot

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:29 am

There are only 144 People with 1600+ ELO and a huge amount of them plays LTD mega most of the day.
The 1200+ bot only gets games running fast during the prime time of the day.
How would the gameplay change at all if you need 1600+ elo instead of 1200+, when you can still get the elo in mega, not only 1200+?

Such a bot would just split the LTD players up further. I will take longer for games to fill, this HR bot will take ages most of the day.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 am

I suggest mega bot should have diminished elo gains after 1400-1500 (such as maximum +2 per win).

This will easily eclipse activity on lihl bots (if needed we can lower to 1500+, there are many players at this level) and create a better scheme for playing ltd than a bunch of special rules and "attitude requirements".

Also shouldn't have 1v1 or 2v2 votestart options.

Many of us have had our stats reset. Every vouched lihl player can get a boost to 1600 - this will take the place of lihl, forget discord.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:41 am

LIHL players should just go to discord and start using it maybe.
Changing the complete ELO system and bot configuartions of all LTD bots just because some people refuse to join Discord is a ridiculous idea. And in the end everyone can go in games with you can troll around, it isnt hard to get 1600 ELO. Doubt any LIHL player would like that.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

eldryan
Plague Treant

Postby eldryan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 am

Jabba41 wrote:LIHL players should just go to discord and start using it maybe.
Changing the complete ELO system and bot configuartions of all LTD bots just because some people refuse to join Discord is a ridiculous idea. And in the end everyone can go in games with you can troll around, it isnt hard to get 1600 ELO. Doubt any LIHL player would like that.

Not changing the bots - just add a new one. There is already diminishing returns after 2000 on pub- just change to 1500. These are small, simple changes.

It isn't hard to get into lihl either. Plenty of low key trolls there, obviously not as blatant as in pubs. I see players egg sack suicide instead of blaster regularly.

Edit: Not to name names, but... have you ever played with ztx)fiji ? beepboopbeep ? don't tell me the days of braveheart suicide are over? pretty sure YOLOsuicide wasn't invented because someone thought "this strategy is good".

I was concerned about drama impacting league player quality since uakf.b suggested the idea on our original HR bot request ( viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7469&hilit=lihl&start=15 ). This is just a convenient time to revisit the concern.

Meshtar
Treant

Postby Meshtar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am

The idea isn't bad, its just hard to say if it would work. So I guess its up to mods to decide if its worth the resource investment.
One other thing that needs to be done so elo can have true meaning is autoshuffle of teams before game starts. Its the only way to avoid getting 4 people premades who would farm elo easy vs 4 randoms, its how some people made their way into high elo ratings on the existing bot.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:53 pm

What Jabba said.

Denied.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”