Votestart for Civ Wars

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

supersexyy
Donator

Votestart for Civ Wars

Postby supersexyy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:24 am

Allow !votestart for civ wars for 4 players. This will allow games to start faster. Currently need 8 players minimum to start a votestart (not possible).

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Votestart for Civ Wars

Postby Quetra » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:11 pm

This would have very limited application as there are very few players who can effectively play 2 or more lanes: but those players that can, generally gain a huge advantage from being able to control multiple aspects of the game themselves. I wouldn't support because I can imagine it would rarely be used and the only circumstances in which I can see it being used results in a large advantage for one team or the other.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:00 pm

I disagree with both your points. It will also make games start faster and it will be easier to help noobs.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:56 pm

In what way will it make it easier to help noobs? You can't play Civ 2v2 without someone controlling two builders, so a !votestart command would only be beneficial for pro players. I can also imagine noobs using the command without realising the game requires 3 builders to function/not knowing the modes to set 2v2. And since so few people can control 2 builders, it will hardly make any games start faster as it would probably be rarely used. The game is intended to be a 3v3 team game, I say leave it as it is.

supersexyy
Donator

Postby supersexyy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:19 am

I'll be happy to play with more new players being able to control 2 lanes.

Also plenty of players can control 2 lanes.

doubletech
Resource Storage

Postby doubletech » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 am

I also vote for a vote start option simply because we wait countless of hour trying to get a game going and always end up not being able to do so.
I always try to teach noob to play the game but sometime it’s difficult because we can’t even start the game.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:02 pm

Knowing that Civ Wars is a difficult game for newbies, enabling autostart might do more bad than good given they probably wont know the consequences of it.

Siding with the map dev here. Suggestion denied if starting the game is the only argument for it.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”