Please implement new Survival Chaos map

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

GetConfused
Aura Tree

Please implement new Survival Chaos map

Postby GetConfused » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:05 am

Hi admins,

a new survival chaos map has been made by its creator. Could you please implement it?

It can be downloaded here. The map is patch 2.99.

Thanks a lot!

GetConfused
Aura Tree

Re: Please implement new Survival Chaos map

Postby GetConfused » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Lenura
Resource Storage

Postby Lenura » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Will skyrocket the leaving rate if you consider all the bullshit that is in 2.99 :^)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:19 am

Lenura wrote:Will skyrocket the leaving rate if you consider all the bullshit that is in 2.99 :^)

Mind elaborating on that? Thanks.

Lenura
Resource Storage

Postby Lenura » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Spelldamage in general has been buffed, e.g Blood elf now wins the game by not even upgrading units and rushing magic via blood for blood (all of your units explode on damage equal to tier 3 spells, something that usually takes 35ish mins for 1-2units to dish out, on all of your units). You cannot push against it, also Lady Liadrin is essentially old Arthas in terms of immortality.

Demon, if they resurrect an eredar, now deal 450AoE damage each 40ish seconds due to the meteor buff.

Certain races can tech additional spawns per lane now (e.g Human militia, Belf battlemage). Ever since additional spawns in ONE lane were introduced they were the center of complaints (either useless or overpowered, see the second as they affect all lanes with strong abilities to boot). Granted this is one of the things you would only remember were you to play the map for a longer period of time (multiple years since the introduction of bonuses after 1.6-2.0 versions) which is quite some time so I cannot blame you for this.
To elaborate on this, additional spawns raise the max HP of your (frontline) push (this game is very reliant on army composition, if your frontline falls it is over for your lane as the strong abilities are mostly (except insane scaling in 2.99 like 40%cleave and crit lul) on ranged units, also heroes eat through ranged units like it's nothing. Having more spawns also makes plenty of abilities weaker.

Dwarfs received multiple AS steroids that allow you to chain stun units with either the ranged replacement or dragondust techs, repair bots will not be commented on they are a case of 50/50. Either useless or broken (depends on the defending race, e.g tauren has no way to consistently hit artillery or siege outside of towers if in range, as such they are fucked).

The new goblin race (heh, new) replaced a core race of the map since the beginning and is nothing but a fan-written race in terms of quality. It includes many strong aspects of several races (burning buildings from fel orc without -armor units, tons of self sustain on bonus units, gold on kill, trolls wards which affect heroes (making trolls good) and minus armor, a 40%!! damage aura, sharing the melee dmg tech (melee + siege only)(100-120 gold etc) that only naga and tauren have due to their tower ups being generally weak and very expensive to get good except that their tower techs are superior).

In an attempt to make special heroes better they were buffed too much without actually reworking the normal heroes after all the nerfs they received over the versions (statgains etc are bad) putting them completely out of scale when it comes to cost efficiency, also the new bonus items are nothing but "abilities" which is too much for an item (30%dmg reflect etc), makes actual item bonus suck.

Trolls new voodoo bonus that single-handedly makes people quit as it breaks the flow of the game (what's this, you are pushing? too bad my buildings got a 300%attack speed aura randomly followed by all buildings on the map burning for damage!) this just makes people quit as it is a lot of bullshit, plus veteran skullsplinters are not nerfed with their 25ish% evasion (base evasion +%5 racial +15% of veteran bonus). Pick em and you see what I mean. Did I mention the 40% miss chance orb of shadow yet?

Undead can raise 2 skeletal mages per wave (rax 3 and 4 spawns 2casters) and even more skeletons now, but the mages are the only ones that matter as they, too, can use the tier 3 frost nova. This results in at least 400 AoE spell damage, with slow, per wave plus mass frost armors. Undead has been like this for a while: Upgrade masonry, castle 3 in 12-13minutes (I recommend to pick building hp bonus for this btw), tech to frost nova, tech to skeleton mages, upgrade rax to 3. Easy to do due to reconstruction aura resulting in 5hp/s buildings. Congratulations, you have now won every lane. Tech unit armor inbetween and upgrade rax to 2 if people do it to you so you can absorb more hits, no big deal to be focused. Fun and balanced to play I am sure.

I covered approx 30% of the races, cba going on.The version is a mess of "lul funny" stuff added that sounds fun in terms of lore and experimentation from the autors side yet completely falls flat from a gameplay perspective. Unlike you fancy the idea that the majority of bonuses are useless (so are they in 2.982 btw) and the game changed from a 1v1v1v1 ffa in the 1.6-2.7 versions to a game of abusing broken upgrades ever since the race reworks.

The map either needs a rework or someone to deprotect it and essentially create a version that is suited for public play as it does not seem that this map will be anything resembling a balanced state anytime soon. The people who play 2.99 right now are either on gameranger (and never played older versions so they cannot relate to when the game was better and more popular) or on bnet DETD bots because, I quote "It's the new ver only reason I'm playing it tbqh.". Mind you, ent has more than double the amount of games played usually than the detd map.

broud3r
ENT Staff

Postby broud3r » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:46 pm

Neither the old nor the new map was ever meant to be competitive or claimed to be any kind of balanced.
Pretty much every aspect of this map is and always have been a pure rng festival.
The new map however gives some fresh new possibilities and variety.

Support an update.

Lenura
Resource Storage

Postby Lenura » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Only partially true. Prior to 2.8 the map was intended to be balanced (not competitive, but no on claimed that to begin with) but russians always hacked the map to add their own elo and the games meta was stacking income via masonry for 30minutes (so basically afk 30min to tech then up stuff) which we disliked, as such the game got (too much) aggro in 2.8+ plus the autor wanted to return it to the ffa map that it was, not tech simulator.
Well the result is that, now even more so, you got essentially 1 viable bonus per race, if lucky 2, which vastly outscale the older ones. So much for fresh possibilities, power creep is what it is. Units can beat a teched wave with special hero in some matchups thanks to that =)

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:49 am

2.9 is godawful from what I've played, additional units can now capture neutrals which makes early races far more snowbally, void is a pure rng fest which ends the game long before some slower races have a chance and the blood elf explosion is impossible to push against without a tier up or a hero. Please don't update to a downgrade

Lenura
Resource Storage

Postby Lenura » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Goblins also have the explosion btw, plus they combine the strengths of 3races into one, without downsides =^)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:47 pm

I support an update simply because the current version is already imbalanced and stale. The last time it was updated, it replaced old imbalance by newer imbalance. It wasn't significantly better or worse, but it still shook things up a bit and I had some fun for a while.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Approved, awaiting implementation.

Kidzin
Basic Tree

Postby Kidzin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:19 am

How long does it take to implement newer versions on average? ^^

Jabba41
Protector of Nature