techie glitch

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

techie glitch

Postby Connorchaos » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 pm

it seems there is a bug being used by some techie players.

They pick tech rush in to a tower with two or three team mates suicide to get first blood, then while tech is dead repicks into another hero.

I do not believe that is the intention of this hero, as once you get a kill repicking should not be allowed.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Re: techie glitch

Postby Unitil » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:02 pm

@Connorchaos

Can you source a replay link (if not more if available) that shows this happening in game?
You can grab the replay links from our Stats page by searching your username, and this will give you a list of recently played games.

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:25 pm

https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=10524486

@Unitil I have seen it like 3 times now but didnt quite realise what had happened until I watched the replay

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:34 pm

It's not really a glitch, tho, is it?

You can pretty much pick any hero you wish, get fb before the timer ends, and repick. Techies just makes it easier, simply because he can deal 450 damage on level 1.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:50 am

I'd say it was an oversight, if technically not a glitch. Repicking was obviously not intended to be used that way.

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:24 am

on other versions before this one once you bought an item , received gold in any form or did any type of fight you could not repick.....you can not earn experience and repick.

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:52 pm

Its a form of strategy you cant repick if you have used mana or take damage attacked people just do that strategy because no one likes the hero techies in a game and its a smart way to get first blood and not lose any gold in the process and not have to deal with a hero that just ruins games.

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:00 pm

Also when you suicide and get the kill on FB and repick into another hero you do not start off with any experience.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Connorchaos wrote:on other versions before this one once you bought an item , received gold in any form or did any type of fight you could not repick.....you can not earn experience and repick.

Sounds like it's definitely a bug and should be banned. These guys are abusing.
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

me_leva_nager
Forest Walker

Postby me_leva_nager » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Connorchaos wrote:on other versions before this one once you bought an item , received gold in any form or did any type of fight you could not repick.....you can not earn experience and repick.

That is absolutely false lol

CharlesT
Aura Tree

Postby CharlesT » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 pm

ive been pick repicking techies for a while because i don't enjoy playing against him. I think DotA is fun but randomly exploding in a game because of techies is not and so i choose to sacrifice the gold it takes to pick repick. According to the rules of the game, you cannot repick if you have less than full hp or mana or if you have experience points, regardless of whether or not you have a death. If you pick techies, suicide, then revive in the fountain with full health, mana, and no experience points, then you are entitled the option to repick according to the rules of game. This is not a glitch or abuse. Picking Techies to go on suicide missions before repicking the hero is legitimate strategy and should not be bannable.

Thanks,
-CharlesT

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 pm

CharlesT wrote:ive been pick repicking techies for a while because i don't enjoy playing against him. I think DotA is fun but randomly exploding in a game because of techies is not and so i choose to sacrifice the gold it takes to pick repick. According to the rules of the game, you cannot repick if you have less than full hp or mana or if you have experience points, regardless of whether or not you have a death. If you pick techies, suicide, then revive in the fountain with full health, mana, and no experience points, then you are entitled the option to repick according to the rules of game. This is not a glitch or abuse. Picking Techies to go on suicide missions before repicking the hero is legitimate strategy and should not be bannable.

Thanks,
-CharlesT

It's obviously a loophole.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:34 pm

It could be done with any hero so your idea is that once someone gets a kill, they cant repick...? Seems stupid if you ask me: not the usual strategy but stupid to ban imo lol

Connorchaos
Forest Walker

Postby Connorchaos » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:30 am

@Zeratul no other hero can one shot kill like techies with suicide. So its defiantly unintended.

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:40 am

Connorchaos wrote:@Zeratul no other hero can one shot kill like techies with suicide. So its defiantly unintended.

No?

Techies mines (still same hero i know) can do it
Arc 3rd skill (poison) can do the same
Shadow demon poison stacked can do the same
Huskar fire arrows can do the same
Ursa with swipes and boots of speed/orb of venom can also kill you

Point is: Many heroes got strong lvl1 skills (even if not 1 shot kill) that can easily kill you before spawn timer, repick and do the same - And if you're stupid enough to die to a techies running towards you on lvl1, then thats on you, not him for doing it.

So what you want banned here is not the fact he suicides and kills you,but the fact that techies suicides and repicks? Seems rather stupid if you ask me - Repick means you can repick at any time before spawn timer (and to be honest, i dont recall that you cant repick after getting items/kills as you mentioned on previous versions: As far as i know, the only situation that forbids you from repicking is if you dont have gold left, or you try to repick after spawn timer)

By the rate of these "suggestions", soon people wont be playing Defense of the Ancients (aka DotA), but rather Defense of the Glitches/Bugs

Return to “Suggestion Archive”