Revise games hosted

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Astros
ENT Staff

Revise games hosted

Postby Astros » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:57 am

I've noticed that some games just don't get played often or at all. For example, Uther Party has been hosting for 550 hours. Is there any way to host new maps instead? Some ideas I have are:
1) Rotation of random games being hosted.
2) Maps are voted in by the community.
3) People can donate X amount to have games autohosted.

Some games that I would like to see be brought back are:

Vampirism Beast
Battleships Pro 1.199
Battle Tanks
Green TD Wipeout
Line Tower Wars
Jungle Race (really fun game)
Mad Balls Arena

If needed, I can make the polls every month. Any thoughts?
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Zeratul

Re: Revise games hosted

Postby Zeratul » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:14 am

The bot you mention (uther party) is currently offline (or rather only online on eurobattle apparently) - It's one of those bots that went offline due to the missing cdkeys :P you can check them here: https://entgaming.net/status.php

On a sidenote: Green TD Wipeout is definitely fun, and thumbs up for madballs arena (gotta be one of the most hilarious maps i've ever played - specially when you're playing with friends over voice chat xD)

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:15 am

Use https://entgaming.net/status.php to see what games are actually hosting. Some months ago we had to replace all the cd keys on the bots after a new patch. As a result some of the lesser played autohosts in the list have not actually been hosting for a long time due to not having cd keys replaced. Uther Party is not actually hosting, and if you look through the list of which bots are online you'll see that they all fill.

1) Rotation of random games being hosted.

This used to be a thing. Wasn't really used AFAIK.
3) People can donate X amount to have games autohosted.

They can already do this, kind of.

Battleships Pro was removed for inactivity a while back, the community for it died. It would not fill again if it was readded, of this I am sure (used to play it myself).

Battle Tanks also died afaik on other non ENT bots. Again it is unlikely a community for it would reappear.

Line Tower Wars is one of the former autohost bots not currently up due to cd key shortage.

A version of Green TD is another one of the former autohost bots not currently up due to cd key shortage.

I know Vamp Beast has a community of players, but you would need them to post in support of an autohost bot. Make a separate thread following the autohost request format for this.

Mad Balls Arena/Jungle Race are more suited to private hosting imo and have no respective communities. Jungle Race is an arcadey game and Mad Balls Arena is quite similar to Warlock which used to be an autohost bot and never really filled, even though Warlock has always been much more popular.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:28 am

Thanks for the info. I donated a few CD keys and can donate a few more if we can get some new games hosted.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Clorky
Aura Tree

Postby Clorky » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:27 pm

If only they would make Warlock work. The bot is fcked, been hosting for 560 hours now. The version is outdated. The game still has pretty good player base. The ent min. 50 latency kills it for everyone tho.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Yes The randommap hosting bot I remember and as civi said it wasnt really used that much.
things like that is better tied to "events" or group of players for a short time not something rolling 24/7 it seems.

As for he maps you wanna bring back, Do they all have players that "need" the maps to be hosted again?
Some of them have major or minor standalone commuinites around them alrdy and work fine without ENT steping in to cover them. so might be less "need" for them.

And 2&3 is always ongoing isnt it?

Phantom_LIG8
Resource Storage

Postby Phantom_LIG8 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:24 am

Hello! I'm a lifetime fan of WC3, and recently came back after about a 10 year hiatus. I would like to request that ENT restarts to host Battleships PRO version again. I have restarted a battleships clan, and everyone has complained that there is no bot to auto host. If you guys would please consider hosting bships pro again, we would actually have a shot of revitalizing the community and maybe even continue it further into a stand alone game. I already setup a facebook page(OG Bships) with many old pros who joined up, a discord channel, a fb group chat, and battleships clan made (AHOI). You guys would really help us out, please consider this; the community needs your help!

Phantom_LIG8
Resource Storage

Postby Phantom_LIG8 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:04 am

By the way, I've been hosting with makemehost.com bot and it always fills to 5v5's. There's people telling me all the time, "man I miss this game, I wish more people hosted it", so I know that there's a lot of old school gamers in wc3 who would really appreciate this as well.

Unitil
Oversight Staff

Postby Unitil » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:09 am

I'd recommend making your own suggestion topic, and be sure to follow the autohosted suggestion template. You'll need the support of the community first and foremost, and if the suggestion is approved, we will need to wait for a set of cd keys to be donated. As we are limited by the number of cd Keys on hand, the suggestion would likely be placed on hold until keys become available.

@Phantom_LIG8
These users thanked the author Unitil for the post:
Phantom_LIG8 (Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 pm)

Phantom_LIG8
Resource Storage

Postby Phantom_LIG8 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Unitil wrote:I'd recommend making your own suggestion topic, and be sure to follow the autohosted suggestion template. You'll need the support of the community first and foremost, and if the suggestion is approved, we will need to wait for a set of cd keys to be donated. As we are limited by the number of cd Keys on hand, the suggestion would likely be placed on hold until keys become available.

@Phantom_LIG8

I've taken you up on your suggestion, much appreciated Unitil!

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:22 am

Processing this as it was worked out above.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”