New Host A Game UI

Join us discussing (new) rule, map and mode changes or suggest new ideas!

Moderator: Oversight Staff

fenix94
Basic Tree

Re: New Host A Game UI

Postby fenix94 » Thu May 10, 2018 4:12 pm

me game bugged in host queue i waiting for 30 min for game and bot no host. help pls
name : fénix_

redbloody
Basic Tree

Postby redbloody » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello,

I am new to this site (atleast I did not visit it for a long time and was never active here), so I do not have the comparison to how the site was before.

So first of all thank you very much for hosting this service at all!

Overall I really like the intuitive design and how easy it is to host a game and upload a new map.

Some things which in my opinion could be improved are the following (please excuse me, if they are more directed at the technical functionality of the bot and not the page design; I am not really sure whether this might be the case):

- It would be nice if one could choose the game name (instead of Username+random number)

- If the chosen game queue is full, one has to type in all the settings (Ownername, Game, Hosting Location) again. It would be nice, if they would be filled with the same values as before. (I acknowledge, that this is a minor thing, since the settings can be chosen really fast, but still it would be preferable if one would not need to do it again.)

- It would be nice to be able to cancel (unhost) games, which already have started through clicking a button on the game list/or entering a command etc on the website. (If the connection to Battle.Net fails, one can at least free the queue for others.)

- One further thing to improve would be to display an error message if a map can not be hosted (specifically tested with: "SEELENJAGD NEW HEROES edited by I_Yakuza_I.w3x"). Currently the normal "Your game will be hosted soon" message pops up, even though it will not. (I am assuming that compatibility problems between old maps and a new version of WC3 cause this problem?)

I hope this is not taken as negative or ungrateful, but as constructive feedback. Thanks again!

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm

@Civiliznations @TrueChaos I fixed bug with observers for 12-player maps due to 24-player map support, so if map has <12 slots it will only add observers up to 12 slots. Also there is option for observers / load-in-game on the hosting page now. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Other changes on host bot:

* If refresh error, then it will add #1 to the gamename
* Bot will notify owner when they are spoofchecked.
These users thanked the author uakf.b for the post:
TrueChaos (Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:42 pm)
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 pm

@null can now download maps
These users thanked the author uakf.b for the post:
null (Sat May 12, 2018 5:03 pm)

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Would be nice to see the bot name you're hosting for appear somewhere in this new system.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

wTc[JediMaster]
Treant Protector

Postby wTc[JediMaster] » Fri May 11, 2018 11:07 pm

Kudos for making a simplified version of the old entlink's upload/add/remove maps from ent & chosen map-pool.

Any ETA for when the Gamelist will include autohosted ENT games aswell? Or have you chosen to only list the Hostingservices games there?
(maybe add via a little on/off box ?

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sat May 12, 2018 1:39 am

wTc[JediMaster] wrote:Any ETA for when the Gamelist will include autohosted ENT games aswell? Or have you chosen to only list the Hostingservices games there?
(maybe add via a little on/off box ?

It is intended for use by people hosting their own games, it will not include autohosted games. The existing games list is not being replaced.

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sat May 12, 2018 1:49 am

@veemon293 I see now, IE does not support this: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... parameters

Had to open in IE to figure out what the problem was. The website should work in IE now.

Knight-Delta
Forest Walker

Postby Knight-Delta » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

There is actually a problem when searching for maps...
when i type in a keyword, it doesnt show all maps with the keyword i searched for...
For example: I searched for "Trolls" and i get a list of results but, the map with the same name that i am looking for isnt on the list ... so i changed the keyword to "trollsand" and it shows this time the map i am looking for.
Also, there is one more thing i would love to have and that is to get a list of all the maps uploaded and available for hosting on ENT. This has always been my favourite way to search for maps.

Thorlar
Resource Storage

Postby Thorlar » Sun May 20, 2018 1:14 am

I like it a lot, but this is more of criticism/suggestions, so:

An option to see games that are being played (in games.php it is "Include games in progress") so as I know if there is an game going. This helps me know if I should host or await for next remake instead of hosting myself.

bobvilainc
Basic Tree

Postby bobvilainc » Sun May 20, 2018 4:33 pm

I go to host a game, it gets added to the Q, then instead of hosting, it just disappears... why?

ddem
Basic Tree

Postby ddem » Fri May 25, 2018 5:28 pm

I believe in the old version there was a way to save maps you host often, would be nice to have that again. Or to have it if it wasn't a thing before.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue May 29, 2018 4:01 am

ddem wrote:I believe in the old version there was a way to save maps you host often, would be nice to have that again. Or to have it if it wasn't a thing before.

We had and still have that feature.

ddem
Basic Tree

Postby ddem » Tue May 29, 2018 8:42 pm

HazarDous wrote:
ddem wrote:I believe in the old version there was a way to save maps you host often, would be nice to have that again. Or to have it if it wasn't a thing before.

We had and still have that feature.

Then I don't see it. I see a 'recent maps' which is sort of the same depending on how many maps get saved into that I guess.

DlCK_ASSMAN
Basic Tree

Postby DlCK_ASSMAN » Thu May 31, 2018 11:26 pm

Cool Features:
+ takes you to the new games page immediately after the host
+ new games page displays your gamename, the current gamelist and the queue list on one page (all needed info in one place)
+ the new games page doesn't go inactive after 30 minutes
+ filter option for the maps
+ cancel hosting while game is in the queue
+ option to download maps from the host page

Missing Features:
- in-game username isn't filled automatically
- you log out for inactivity from ent if you are using this new page only
- filtering maps should prioritize my own maps first in the ordering, and only then the rest
- line spacing in the maplist is too large, it takes too long to scroll through my 200 maps
- games page does not contain autohosted games or games in play nor does it have an option to view them
- can't unhost games that came out of the queue (in case I can't join my own game for some reason, for instance the bot is banned on my realm)

Questions:
? What does the Load-in-game option for? (bottom of the host page)

Return to “Suggestions”