Afk timer for the lobby with autokick

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Afk timer for the lobby with autokick

Postby Augustinus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:42 pm

The aim of this suggestion is to remove players who are already afk for an excessive amount of time from the lobbies so the game won't be drawn or other drama at the game start can be avoided.

I want to make this suggestion especially for the hr games, where it can take up to 20-30 minutes of lobby waiting time til a game finally start.
I am aware that by the rules you are obliged to stay there so you won't be afk when the game starts. This is very impractical however regarding the long waiting times and you can hardly blame a player for afking in the lobby for some time when he has to wait that long.
When a game gets drawn, it is really annoying, especially when you waited for 20 minutes or more for a game to start and then after it got drawn you are even locked out from the next lobby and have to wait another 20 minutes in an empty lobby.

To avoid games being drawn at the start I think an afk timer for game lobbies with autokick from the lobby after 5 minutes of no action would be an improvement. Everybody who wants to play has to check the lobby at least each 5 minutes. Thus we could decrease the chances of a game being drawn after a long lobby wait.

Please consider it and don't turn it down in a formalistic robot way, because you are not allowed to afk by the rules. You won't get the community to stay alert all the time.

Ziadoma
Treant

Re: Afk timer for the lobby with autokick

Postby Ziadoma » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 pm

I like the idea, because this happens recently in Battleships. And Battleships does not start that that frequently. But I still see it more in the responsibility of the people. And with the latest Warcraft 3 Updates I have it that when I tab out of the game waiting, Warcraft3 will pop up when being in the loading screen. So it is not that hard to miss it.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Afk timer for the lobby with autokick

Postby Quetra » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 pm

With Wc3connect we removed most of the more inactive bots, and you can now enable sound to alert you when the game is starting. There is little we can do to prevent players from afking anyway, having to type a message every few minutes would be intrusive and annoying, and I don't see any other way to do it.

Denied.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”