Mode Change(LOD)

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Replace FN with OS?

Yes, I believe this would be a good change.
78%
I want to try it out.
6%
No, I don't think it's a good idea.
17%

Total votes: 36

CheW
Protector of Nature

Re: Mode Change(LOD)

Postby CheW » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
KilAzoR wrote:Removing FN

[...]

Once again HUGE NO.
Regards.

fn is every bit as shitty and unnecessary as this gigantic wall of text that nobody is ever going to read.

FN enables a ton of builds to work that would otherwise suck. You always say you are against FN but have never put out a valid reason why it is bad for the game.
These users thanked the author CheW for the post (total 2):
Yevorana (Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:05 pm) • KilAzoR (Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:38 pm)
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 pm

fn lets helix junglers get a quick headstart at the beginning of the game which can make them snowball and have a large impact. This is only a good thing if you're basing yourself on the assumption that those heroes in particular are entitled to get that advantage... for some reason? There are many skills who get little to no use, why don't they all get their own dedicated mode that somehow favors them in one way or another?

That mode was added at some point, people adjusted to it and now some of them don't want to let go of it and justify it by saying it's "needed". It's just not. It's only needed to keep the status quo.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:46 am

It also lets helix junglers sit exposed in the jungle for the first few minutes of the game. If people cant figure out how to stop a build that almost always has 1/2hp or under the first 5 minutes of the game they shouldn't play this game
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 am

CheW wrote:It also lets helix junglers sit exposed in the jungle for the first few minutes of the game. If people cant figure out how to stop a build that almost always has 1/2hp or under the first 5 minutes of the game they shouldn't play this game

So people should rush across the map to the enemy jungle while foaming at the mouth the second they spawn in order to find and kill the enemy team's jungler to prevent him from reaching level 3 before lane creeps even spawn. For some mysterious reason, this is the one and only way lod games should begin. Why? Who knows!?

I don't see how it's an improvement that the start of the game should revolve around witch hunts against early junglers rather than organizing team and fighting over runes. It's not by coincidence that there's about a minute of time before lane creeps (and then jungle creeps) spawn. Jungling also exists in regular dota, and so does scouting the jungle, wards and calling missing players. Again, what about lod makes it need fast neutrals so badly?
Last edited by Sylvanas on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Well fn or not isn't the point. The point should be: OS or not?

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:50 pm

KilAzoR wrote:Removing FN is the most retarded and stupid idea that even @Desire could even imagine. Wondering how many new retarded ideas is he going to input with funny friends who not even play lod but come here for vote because he ask them for it LOL. HUGE FUCKING NO.
Regards.

UrbanEdge wrote:Lod is played by 100?200?300? players. I don't think anything should be changed, because 10% of them want it. Also, anyone from his clan shouldn't be allowed to vote, due to what Kilazor already wrote.

So both of your arguments are against this suggestion because it's for whatever reason incorrect to ask a part of the LoD community to vote? And because you think FN is better than OS without any good explaination or reasoning behind it?
Sorry, but both of your comments are just silly and half of it is a waste of time to read.

Sylvanas wrote:I don't see how it's an improvement that the start of the game should revolve around witch hunts against early junglers rather than organizing team and fighting over runes. It's not by coincidence that there's about a minute of time before lane creeps (and then jungle creeps) spawn. Jungling also exists in regular dota, and so does scouting the jungle, wards and calling missing players. Again, what about lod makes it need fast neutrals so badly?

I agree with this post. ^
The point of this suggestion is to add OS and a slightly bigger draft pool for reasonings that were already explained in my previous posts. I just don't see what FN brings to LoD that is so important to where OS shouldn't be considered.

glokta
Basic Tree

Postby glokta » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:38 am

I agree entirely with the change and wholeheartedly support this motion.

Squanto
Aura Tree

Postby Squanto » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:42 am

I believe -os could be a highly beneficial change. It creates diversity within the game and allows each player to assume separate roles rather than picking the most overpowering combinations. 2-3 Ball relos, 4-5 Reins/BTs,2 MC Wraths with a Super Nova or two... it becomes redundant and takes away from the experience. Make players experiment -- make them change and adapt to their strong suits rather than try to find whatever they believe or is considered the most over powered skill set. Most importantly, make them create synergy with their teammates.

UrbanEdge
Forest Walker

Postby UrbanEdge » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:55 am

Squanto wrote:I believe -os could be a highly beneficial change. It creates diversity within the game and allows each player to assume separate roles rather than picking the most overpowering combinations. 2-3 Ball relos, 4-5 Reins/BTs,2 MC Wraths with a Super Nova or two... it becomes redundant and takes away from the experience. Make players experiment -- make them change and adapt to their strong suits rather than try to find whatever they believe or is considered the most over powered skill set. Most importantly, make them create synergy with their teammates.

Lod is not meant to be balanced. if you need balanced game, you can play dota.

and again. members from your clan shouldnt be allowed to vote, since they do whatever you tell them.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 pm

UrbanEdge wrote:
Squanto wrote:I believe -os could be a highly beneficial change. It creates diversity within the game and allows each player to assume separate roles rather than picking the most overpowering combinations. 2-3 Ball relos, 4-5 Reins/BTs,2 MC Wraths with a Super Nova or two... it becomes redundant and takes away from the experience. Make players experiment -- make them change and adapt to their strong suits rather than try to find whatever they believe or is considered the most over powered skill set. Most importantly, make them create synergy with their teammates.

Lod is not meant to be balanced. if you need balanced game, you can play dota.

and again. members from your clan shouldnt be allowed to vote, since they do whatever you tell them.

Too bad there will always be the very low-skill group of players that play LoD that need an advantage to win and won't be on board with anything trying to even the game. If nothing is done to get close to trying to implement balances all the rearm combos that are banned should be unbanned.
MAGA

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:39 pm

UrbanEdge wrote:and again. members from your clan shouldnt be allowed to vote, since they do whatever you tell them.

Is that what you experienced when in a clan? You do whatever they tell you to do?

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:21 pm

UrbanEdge wrote:Lod is not meant to be balanced.

Can people stop saying this? Why can't you differentiate between balance not being a top priority and being straight up unwanted? Just because something isn't one thing doesn't mean it's the opposite. Why do you think overpowered combos got disabled in newer versions?

UrbanEdge
Forest Walker

Postby UrbanEdge » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:37 pm

Too bad there will always be the very low-skill group of players that play LoD that need an advantage to win and won't be on board with anything trying to even the game. If nothing is done to get close to trying to implement balances all the rearm combos that are banned should be unbanned.

advantage
/ədˈvɑːntɪdʒ/
noun

A condition or circumstance that puts one in a favourable or superior position.

since the mode is the same for everyone, what kind of advantage are we talking about?

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Why are people thinking mc wrath op? Everyone has the same probability to get it

whiteicefire
Forest Walker

Postby whiteicefire » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:28 pm

i think the 3 draft would be better than a 2 draft specially for newer people and those who prefer to play for fun as it opens up more viability in gameplay for each player instead of being potentially forced into a role they dislike and getting flamed for being bad with it or refusing to choose it at asll

Return to “Suggestion Archive”