Make no mid mode standard mode in LTD

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Make no mid mode standard mode in LTD

Postby Augustinus » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:37 pm

I would like to have the mode that is phgmcbnm at the moment to be the default mode. Make -phgmcb the no mid mode and automode and create a command for mid building mode (maybe -phgmcbmb mb=middle build).

Whoever wants to play with cross and antistuck ect would have to explicitly pick that mode, while the default game would be with no mid building.

The reason why i suggest this is, because I think this mode is way more noob friendly. When you join a mega game with new players, the biggest struggle is to convince players to merge or even cross, which allows u to cover up all failures. It is much fairer if such a strategy is not existing, so new players can't get overwhelmed by enemies doing that. On the other hand they don't have to learn how to play an abusive/broken strategy before even getting started on laning.

I have made very good experiences with nm mode in mega and it feels natural that players who want to play a broken meta have to explicitly announce and set the mode and not the other way around.

Qvist
Treant

Re: Make no mid mode standard mode in LTD

Postby Qvist » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:53 am

+1
Merge cross is broken, antistuck is broken.
But this is only broken if only 1 team do it, it both teams do it then its ballanced.

Augustinus
Treant Protector

Postby Augustinus » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:34 am

Does no one else have an opinion on that? Every time a mode is picked it is a big discussion in the lobby. I can't believe people here do not care at all.

Hakuna
Forest Walker

Postby Hakuna » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:07 am

I would enjoy to see a system implemented like from Pyro TD where all the players get to vote at the start of the game for the mode, instead of red just occasionally trolling and picking some random mode and everyone draws.

However I imagine the majority of people would vote for mid building. It would definitely be interesting though if we could actually collect data on the votes and see how many people would vote for playing no mid.
Who am I in game?
hakuna@EntConnect
ChunkyKong@USEast
Visit my Wiki! Link

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:06 pm

From my experience of setting nm (my preferred) on the Mega bot, a few like, some don't mind, and most will cuss at you for ruining the game. Most players who prefer nm have migrated to the 1200+ bot. Those high level elo players that remain mostly like cross/merge. The new player argument is interesting but kind of void now that we don't get many new players over on Wc3connect.

Denied, would need a lot more support.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”