Lod - Revert back to the normal mode -sds6bod2fn

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Lod - Revert back to the normal mode -sds6bod2fn

Postby Encrypted » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:25 am

Hi All,

I doubt there's a need to make lengthy post so I'll just make a few points and mention what I'd like to see happen. I'm fairly confident I speak for the majority when I say that the mode change in LoD is literally destroying the community.

Please revert back to -sds6bod2fn.

Ever since the change there has been a massive decline in players and games can now take up to 5 hours to start meaning that we don't even have 10 LoD players online simultaneously. Implying that even those who suggested and supported the change in mode aren't even playing anymore.

Could we please start a vote and then stick with the verdict? I feel that most of the players aren't active on forums and weren't even aware of the change (and would probably contest this), now that everyone is paying attention it might be good to reevaluate the decision.

Thanks for reading,

Jericho
Armored Tree

Re: Lod - Revert back to the normal mode -sds6bod2fn

Postby Jericho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Revert back.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:36 pm

https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/games/

I don't see a five hour gap between games. Weird. Just one game at 3 in the morning that went for 4 hours.
MAGA

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:34 pm

Encrypted wrote:Ever since the change there has been a massive decline in players and games can now take up to 5 hours to start meaning that we don't even have 10 LoD players online simultaneously. Implying that even those who suggested and supported the change in mode aren't even playing anymore.

That's a quite bold statement and I find it completely false.
LoD has always been slow in picking up players to join lobbies, especially after wc3connect. That's again nothing new. If anything this mode should interest players in what LoD has to offer in the future as the only LoD community that isn't in RGC. People who suggested the mode are having a blast playing the new mode including myself. If anything it makes anti-stacking much easier and makes the game diverse as in your whole team can communicate and not deal with everyone wanting to play a carry, tanky, or caster.
Encrypted wrote:Could we please start a vote and then stick with the verdict? I feel that most of the players aren't active on forums and weren't even aware of the change (and would probably contest this), now that everyone is paying attention it might be good to reevaluate the decision.

It hasn't even been a week yet and apparently reverting is a high demand for players who don't see the good possibilities this mode can bring and for LoD and it's future.
Encrypted wrote:there are some strong arguments about it but overall I feel that ever since I've been playing LOD (Which quite frankly isn't that long) there has been some form of imbalance (either a stacked game which is pretty common, or just unlucky with skills) and that you need to adapt to the situation

Quoting from your other post on a different topic(Not sure why a separate topic was made even though they're the same intention) LoD is imbalanced, always has been, and still is. This mode fixes the chance of winning vs stack team and increases the chance of you getting a good build.
Why don't you think it's good for people to adapt to the new mode instead?

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:24 am

@desire - thanks for your feedback. I see your point in giving things a go, however, the numbers have dwindled since the mode was updated. I completely understand the decline in players we had when moving from Bnet to EntConnect but it has definitely been more noticeable after the mode change. I've tried the new mode; it's alright but unfortunately many others don't like it. It's going to get to the stage where we have a handful of players if nothing is done

@chew 19/12/18 - roughly 8pm - midnight (GMT+11) there was a 4 hour waiting period and aside from this time there have been a few other players mentioning lobby wait times were up to 5 hours

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:50 pm

@encrypted

Can you show me what game during that time had such a long lobby? Because looking at the game times says otherwise and I tend to believe the game times from ENT over you. Game times are the same as they were before the mode changed and in the games ive played people are acutally communicating with each other.
MAGA

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:51 am

@chew not here to argue with you or gain your approval since you're not a moderator. Frankly I dont care if you believe me or not

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:06 am

Encrypted wrote:@chew not here to argue with you or gain your approval since you're not a moderator. Frankly I dont care if you believe me or not

It’s pretty obvious that you couldn’t argue back cuz he got all the proof against your “5-hour wait” statement, hence the convenient “idc” statement

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Encrypted wrote:@desire - thanks for your feedback. I see your point in giving things a go, however, the numbers have dwindled since the mode was updated. I completely understand the decline in players we had when moving from Bnet to EntConnect but it has definitely been more noticeable after the mode change. I've tried the new mode; it's alright but unfortunately many others don't like it. It's going to get to the stage where we have a handful of players if nothing is done

You see my points and you think the mode isn't bad but apparently, you have given the mode less than a week and you're already concluding that it needs a revert?
Encrypted wrote:there are some strong arguments about it but overall I feel that ever since I've been playing LOD (Which quite frankly isn't that long) there has been some form of imbalance (either a stacked game which is pretty common, or just unlucky with skills) and that you need to adapt to the situation

Quoting this again sort of worries me. A frankly new player is taking a big incentive and is not seeing the possibilities for what the mode can bring to players and for the future of LoD.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Encrypted wrote:@chew not here to argue with you or gain your approval since you're not a moderator. Frankly I dont care if you believe me or not

So only moderator's opinions count? Good thing there is one moderator that plays LOD and he was the one who started throwing this idea around in the first place. I'm just trying to figure out why people are blatantly lying to try and support changing the mode back. I am trying to see arguments for each side but all I see is you blatantly lying about lobby times. If we are just going to start throwing nonsense around with no proof, I saw over 2,000 players in one game that said the new mode is awesome.
MAGA

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:40 am

You're welcome to close this suggestion, although facts are facts. LoD is dying and it's based on your decision to blatantly challenge the majority. The numbers don't lie.

Chew, not sure how you saw "over 2,000 players in one game" but I'm pretty sure they didn't all agree with you. Maybe you're seeing what you want?

kikino
Aura Tree

Postby kikino » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Well, no need to revert, just make the taverns 2 as usual..
With 3 taverns for each player, I play every game with or against ball relo, mc wrath and other overpowered shit..
2 taverns would be better.
Yours,
Kikino

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Encrypted wrote:You're welcome to close this suggestion, although facts are facts. LoD is dying and it's based on your decision to blatantly challenge the majority. The numbers don't lie.

Chew, not sure how you saw "over 2,000 players in one game" but I'm pretty sure they didn't all agree with you. Maybe you're seeing what you want?

You're not a moderator so your opinion shouldn't matter here. I saw 2,000 players in one game and they all agreed with me. I have no proof and the game list states otherwise, but I saw 2,000 players in one game agree with me.
MAGA

Stiff_Maistar
Treant Protector

Postby Stiff_Maistar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 am

He is talking about this
[ENT] LoD -sds6bod2fn #65 PUB 37m03s 18/12/2018, 09:25
[ENT] LoD -sds6bod2fn #64 PUB 29m39s 18/12/2018, 04:34
https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/game/11625284/
https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/game/11625142/

Also it is not hard to see how much effect the change had on the games. Its just to look at the games in the statspage. It seems to be similar to what it was before the change. Also, the 5 hour waiting periode only happen 1 time, not something to panic about.
4th desember: 58 games
8th desember: 64 games
9th desember: 82 games
10th desember 61 games
16th desember: 74 games
17th desember: 61 games
21st desember: 57 games

I would assume that the biggest fall in the games was when the bots were banned and everyone was forced by blizzard to go to wc3connect.
14th october. 107 games
16th. october: 92 games
@encrypted just remember that there was a community poll, and around 90% voted for the new mode.
What did snow white say when the dwarves saw her naked?
7-UP
https://www.facebook.com/TehLurdOfTehReingsOfficial/videos/710971672378120/

Veinmetal
Aura Tree

Postby Veinmetal » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 am

-sds6bod2fn is the way

revert it back and ban the draft that brought this nonsense mode to begin with: Relo ball. (multiple relo balls were the cancer)

Return to “Suggestion Archive”