Changes to the ban appeal system

Join us discussing (new) rule, map and mode changes or suggest new ideas!

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Walt0101
Basic Tree

Changes to the ban appeal system

Postby Walt0101 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:52 pm

I suggest two changes to the system of ban appeals:

1. The ban should be reviewed by someone else than the person who gave it

In my case, the same person banned me, reviewed himself and found himself innocent.

2. Processed ban appeals should be open to responses

I'd like to respond to it to point out it's both mostly made up and doesn't actually address my original complaint. (I don't want to be disruptive by doing it here though.)

(For some reason, I noticed some other people responding in their threads even though I can't, but I have no idea what's up with that. I assume that was before it was moved to the Processed Appeals subforum.)

I look forward to hearing your opinion about my ideas!

Astros
ENT Staff

Re: Changes to the ban appeal system

Postby Astros » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:18 am

1) Requests/appeals are basically optional.
2) I didn't even deny your appeal. No one else posted on it so your ban appeal already expired by the time I responded.
3) Every game you are in, you are massively under-leveled, under-farmed, and have poor gameplay because you lag every 30 seconds. You should probably prioritize fixing your internet connection to improve your overall gameplay.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Walt0101
Basic Tree

Postby Walt0101 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:33 pm

3) It's not every game or every 30 seconds

I'm sorry, does this forum have somebody else to talk to, or is this the only person here?

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:52 am

The server stopped moderation 3 years ago. It's just people who randomly check in. You should be thankful someone cares enough to sometimes to ban the people who ruin every game.

Also I've played with you, you spend the majority of the game AFK behind a tower somewhere and occasionally come back to feed and !ignore your teammates. At least Bobby makes an honest attempt. You don't.

Walt0101
Basic Tree

Postby Walt0101 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:16 am

It would be strange to spend most of my game afk, since people would kick me after 5 minutes, and sometimes don't even wait until then to try to votekick me.

When I !ignore somebody, it's, as you well know, because they refuse to stop being rude to someone (not necessarily to me). I find it dishonest of you to imply that I when I !ignore someone, it's because I'm not interested in team play with them.

You should be thankful someone cares enough to sometimes to ban the people who ruin every game.

If I meet such a person at some point, I'll definitely be thankful to them. However, that's not what this topic is about at all, so I'm not sure how me being thankful to someone (who I'm not sure even exists) for something unconnected would solve anything.

Anyway, thanks for the chat. It doesn't seem anyone else comes here, so I'll stay away from here for now unless I get another ban by someone angry (or unless I feel like checking the comments).

tomex1995
Basic Tree

Postby tomex1995 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:23 pm

Why i get ban?

mk4r32
Armored Tree

Postby mk4r32 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:51 pm

tomex1995 wrote:Why i get ban?

@tomex1995 for being a troll ruin. Bout time you got banned.

tomex1995
Basic Tree

Postby tomex1995 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:29 pm

ok but i get ban unfairly, I was blackmailed from the beginning of the game, and it's strange that I'm banned from playing with the selected character even though I have good statistics

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:07 am

tomex1995 wrote:ok but i get ban unfairly, I was blackmailed from the beginning of the game, and it's strange that I'm banned from playing with the selected character even though I have good statistics

Define good statistics. Playing techies and getting a high KD isn't difficult. The problem with your techies gameplay is while the enemy team is pushing, you're farming a lane with your mines. If you're going to pick techies, you have a responsibility to know where to mine and help your teammates out. If the enemy team is trying to push, it's your responsibility to plant traps and to the best of your ability, prevent their push. The enemy team is pushing mid lane and you're at bot lane 2nd tower blowing up creeps. Why?

You can't just pick techies, plant mines at random spots, and then claim you can't be banned because you have 'good' statistics. You get banned when you're not helping. It's already bad enough that your team is most likely going to be fighting a 4v5 in most team fights. It's worse when they expect you to at least plant traps in areas that could help your team and you're nowhere to be found. If you aren't aware that your techies should be used to help your teammates, then stop picking it and pick a hero that more suits your capabilities in helping your teammates.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Return to “Suggestions”