BAN ? 5v5 best situation ?

Join us discussing (new) rule, map and mode changes or suggest new ideas!

Moderator: Oversight Staff

kill
Resource Storage

BAN ? 5v5 best situation ?

Postby kill » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:57 am

This is not a suggestion but rather a reflection...

There are too many players banned. It's taking longer and longer to start a game.

What to do to improve the start of games?

Can it have 3v3 games? 4v4? and 5v5?

Any other suggestions? Thoughts on banned players?

Astros
Protector of Nature

Re: BAN ? 5v5 best situation ?

Postby Astros » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 am

There are the same amount of games being hosted now than 2-3 years ago.

As the years go by, it will inevitably decrease because most players will move on whereas it's rare for new players to pick up a copy of WC3 and happen to discover ENT.

Ruiners are going to be banned. Almost every individual who has been banned lately are habitual ruiners. We're talking about plugpullers, dodgers, and intentionally feeding. The remaining players who get banned only do for a few days and have the ability to instantly appeal and be unbanned but most get banned and tend to play normal again. Unless you want me to unban pegase, who has been warned at least 10x to stop afking but does it almost every game. Or should I unban justforgold, who plugpulls because he doesn't like the teams? I could also unban WolfofWestervbro, who intentionally destroys items, afk's at fountains, plugpulls, and feeds couriers if he has a bad game. Which one of these players should be unbanned so the games would start quicker?

I think a bigger issue is people who stack games which lead to the more lower skilled players to not even want to play.

I'm not opposed to unbanning players if the rest of ya'll want them to be unbanned. Heck, if you guys want, I'll just stop banning players altogether.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

plzbanruiners
Armored Tree

Postby plzbanruiners » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:40 pm

Not an easy solution to this at all, so I don't envy your position. If you stopped banning altogether the games will get quantifiably worse no denying that. The only thing that could be played around with is maybe ban duration for severity of ruin. No right answer what's appropriate ban length, it varies per individual.
These users thanked the author plzbanruiners for the post:
Astros (Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:18 pm)

kill
Resource Storage

Postby kill » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 am

Actually, it's not easy to manage all this. You bring very good arguments about players who ruin voluntarily.

I think that the possibility of generating 3v3 or 4v4 games could solve the problem of lack of players at later times.

Thanks for this discussion.

Return to “Suggestions”