DotA mode vote

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Which modes do you wish ENT to host?

Host 6.81d on -em (apem arem) and 6.83c on non-em (ap ar)
20%
Host both -em and non-em both versions: ap apem ar arem v6.81d, ap apem ar arem v6.83c
14%
Host as how it is now: ap v6.83c and arem v6.81d
3%
Host both -em and non-em on v6.83c.
14%
Host all bots only non-em v6.83c.
49%

Total votes: 165

nabo.
Donator

DotA mode vote

Postby nabo. » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:04 am

In relation to this topic, here is the vote poll.

Please read carefully before casting your vote.

If you wish to see any other option, post.
Clan High@useast

• Check the wiki for ENT rules and general information.
  • Talk to mods on ENT chat.
  • Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

shooterball
Armored Tree

Re: DotA mode vote

Postby shooterball » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:46 am

The first choice is the clear solution. Ap and ar games rarely fill on ENT as it is. I have played over 2000 games solely on ENT and i would like to see the apem/arem maps stay on the old map.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Re: bring bak apem -_-?

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 pm

APEM is a terrible mode. I am glad that they have finally gotten rid of it. A lot of players who love the game love it even more with AP. I am seeing far less trolls and noobs on AP. In general, the objective of a game ruiner is to piss as many people off. If the game generally will last an hour, even if they are throwing, it is a huge investment of their time opposed to 15 minutes. In AP, you cannot just do whatever you want like APEM. The games are longer so generally you only see the more serious players. While it does take a little longer to get a game going, the game generally is at a much higher level of quality.

Generally, I see a lot less stacking. The game has several good built in catch up mechanics and I could not imagine the new map on APEM. It just wouldn't work.

Also in APEM, people can roll certain heroes and they just get to big to fast. The maps were not designed with APEM in mind for certain heroes. The game is much more balanced in AP.

nabo.
Donator

Postby nabo. » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:54 pm

@agreements added.

Apparently the votes reset when I added new option. Sorry for the inconvenience to those who voted already.

The votes were 2 4 4 10, where non-em v6.83c only had 10 votes.
Clan High@useast

• Host games through our bots, Manage your stats, Secure your account(s), and check your ban status on ENT LINK.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Topic changed to a global forum announcement. The bots will also link to the topic, so will social media channels. Short link: entqo.com/VoteDotA

Poll gonna run at least 7 days from now. Giving anyone the chance to get an account and vote.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

nabo.
Donator

Re: Dota vote mode

Postby nabo. » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Clan High@useast

Meh
Basic Tree

Postby Meh » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:25 pm

I like non-EM because it forces teams to fight together. Beyond the utter trash noobs who just cry all game and FF/RQ, the games feel like they have been of slightly higher quality due to improved team play. Voted for non-EM

KingKar
Forest Walker

Postby KingKar » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:28 pm

all i want is arem v6.81 that is the best game mode. vote the third option everyone

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:33 pm

thank god this easy mode is getting removed soon. all the noobs will have some tough days ahead of them. Its gona be nice seeing support players with boots magic stick all game again.

alopp12345
Resource Storage

Postby alopp12345 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Frank wrote:thank god this easy mode is getting removed soon. all the noobs will have some tough days ahead of them. Its gona be nice seeing support players with boots magic stick all game again.

Honestly think people are going to be picking supports to play like this? lawl! People didn't even buy wards in -em with all that gold. Been trying out -ap games lately and was a boring game now, usually crush enemy in 10 mins and games over but it takes another 30 mins to actually end it, snorefest.

Erdnuss
Armored Tree

Postby Erdnuss » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Imo, they only tried to copy Dota 2 with the 6.83 Dota map which is pretty sad. I'm a clear follower of the "old" 6.81 Dota version. Pretty sure I'll stop playing Dota on your servers if you change to the new one. :-(
The modes aren't important for me. Actually, I would love to play rd again but I guess that won't happen anymore. So whatever.

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:33 pm

@Erdnuss by that logic you might aswell play the first dota version ever made... heck go back to starcraft aeon of strife... You either adapt to the changes or get left behind. DotA is always ever changing, thats one of the most attractive features of the game and why people have been playing it for so long. Embrace change dont resist it.

Id like to add that having split communities non em and em is going to hurt ENTs player base more in the long run. Lets face it one day this game will die out on wc3. Its just a matter of how you wanna be remembered, as a community who always catered to the noobs or as one that embraced change and kept up to date with the changes made by the creator of the game. In the end which ever vote wins ENT will lose players one way or another. If em doesnt get removed I myself will quit aswell as a lot of long time players since there is no competition and non em games will never fill since people naturally will play the easier mode. If em does get removed one of two things will happen. a) the noobs will quit or join a shittier host bot with lagg or b) they will adapt to the change just like they have adapted to changes made in diff versions of the map. I dont thing there is a middle ground here. ENT has to decide if they care about number of players or quality of players.

mystical_ice
Forest Walker

Postby mystical_ice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:29 pm

APEM should still be kept. A lot of players (myself included) play APEM because 20-30 min games are preferable to 40-60 minute games.

Keep APEM on 6.81, and AP on the new one.

ENT has always been known for multiple game modes, not forcing players to play one or the other.

If players don't want to play APEM, they'll play AP. Don't force them to play one mode or the other please

mystical_ice
Forest Walker

Postby mystical_ice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Why not get rid of RD as well in that case. Let's force everyone to play AP........................

Frank
Forest Walker

Postby Frank » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:01 pm

All these apem qqers are slark/lc/bara players and are worried that their winning strategy will no longer work. The shorter games argument is the most absurd thing ive ever heard. The trend ive noticed is the longer the games are the more fun people have. Ask yourself when you had 60-70-80 min games did you all chat gg wp and meant it ?i bet you did. 20-30min games are unrewarding and usually stomps. You should have 1hr of time to play dota or dont play at all.

Return to “Suggestion Archive”