Moderator: Remixer

Neco
Treant Protector

[0087] Discussion

Postby Neco » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:48 am

Download and Bug Reports:
Link

0087 Changelog:
  • Changed to 0087 in the map description.
  • Changed to 0087 in the top right corner.
  • Properly fixed the creep camp icon showing (thanks Lynx for reporting this in 0085, and Mini-CML- for reporting it unfixed in 0086).
  • Added correct buff to Pirate's Explosive Barrels (thanks Mini-CML-).
  • Fixed Demonologist's Dark Fissure's tooltip saying you only need three of them when you really need 4 (thanks TNFU. The math checks out, Demonologist himself provides 10 food so 10 + 35*4 = 150).
  • Fixed multiple occurrences where the Demonologist's name was not capitalized (thanks TNFU).
  • Fixed there not being a space between "Provided:" and the food amount (thanks TNFU. Interestingly enough this is how it is by default in WC3).
  • Removed incorrect upgrade class from Ogre's Catapult's movement speed upgrade (thanks Mini-CML-).
  • Fixed Mercy Lumber only occurring once (thanks JustaDoormat).
  • Made all Defender items drop on death (also fixes this, thanks ApomTom).
  • Made Sword of the Magistrate, Shield of Might, and Cloak of Shadows have lighter tooltips (thanks ApomTom).
  • Fixed the tooltip of the Ethereal Mirror stating that it disabled spells (thanks JustaDoormat).
  • Updated MMD:
    • Wrote the synchronisation code better, it's a lot cleaner now, and it sends the information when victory is determined rather than when the game ends. This may desync people, but will ensure that the information is sent while there are still players in the game.
    • Added three new definitions:
      • "race", a string value giving the name of the race that was chosen by the player. This can be "Unknown" or "_NULL" depending on events during the game's setup.
      • "race_randomed", an integer value where 0 means they chose the above race and 1 means it was a randomly made selection.
      • "experience_fed", an integer value with the amount that the player fed during the game (requested by Stealer and Burnshady).
  • Fixed a crash relating to Pirate's Fireworks tower (thanks Stealer for the find).
  • Fixed Feral Towers having the incorrect upgrade description when using their grow abilities (thanks Zimmer).
  • Removed HP regen from all Defender structures apart from towers.
  • Added Perks System, added players who I think are deserving of the alpha tester perk (if you don't get an effect, report more bugs!).
Ideas:
  • Faerie's Hunter's Ultimate ability looks wrong (is an orb ability, they do that).
  • Guide needs update
  • not a lot of people like radio's tower modules being slow to set up. (I like the nerf)
  • add ability to upgrade radon towers inventory slots to 2 to mix and match effects
  • Custom Upgrades System.
    • swapping doesn't swap upgrades (swapping disabled)
    • swapping stops current orders (swapping disabled)
    • swapping upgrades lose their progress (swapping disabled)
    • fix upgrades with -swap/-defender/-restart (overhaul)
  • Update Lucid/Syph/Molt item descriptions
  • chicken music
  • chase music
  • settings tweak
  • lever secret
  • APM calculation for titans
  • Make Minion nukes more unique.
  • Make healing more unique.
  • Terrain Changes.
  • Add small delay to item stocks (in case of double-clicking or lag).

Feel free to post ideas / thoughts for 0087.

Lynx
Donator

[0087] In Development

Postby Lynx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Tbh just a lot if terrain changes and id will feel like a new game.

ZimmeR
Treant

Re: [0087] In Development

Postby ZimmeR » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:47 pm

Lynx wrote:Tbh just a lot if terrain changes and id will feel like a new game.

Neco and I talked abit about terrain changes The past week/s. I already suggested him some Base changes I hope he'll find a way to add them. Since terrain changes are a must for this ver
Last edited by ZimmeR on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[spoiler=]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Lynx
Donator

Postby Lynx » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm

ZimmeR wrote:Tbh

Tbh if you weren't honest when stating that, I wouldn't believe you.
Edit: woooffff wooooofffffff

ApomTom
Forest Walker

Postby ApomTom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:04 am

As for terrain changes, I like these

LiMiePewPew
Armored Tree

Postby LiMiePewPew » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:25 am

Yes, but don't make the bases too casual. I would love to have some challenges at the begin in terms of walling. :D

Edit: Like the old euro, where people thought about walling and they developed some possibilities.
Get PewPewd.

ApomTom
Forest Walker

Postby ApomTom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Reduce the CD for items that titan has to buy multiple of to complete a recipe (regen spines, wards, sof). Those 30 seconds u spend waiting for the items can be the difference between breaking a base or not.

[spoiler=]Yes you can buy the items in advance, but I like to wait until I see how much gold I have to work with and which type of base I'm sieging before buying items[/spoiler]

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm

ApomTom wrote:Reduce the CD for items that titan has to buy multiple of to complete a recipe (regen spines, wards, sof). Those 30 seconds u spend waiting for the items can be the difference between breaking a base or not.

If you played the alpha you'd know that titan items already don't have cooldowns. ;)
Former Editor of Island Defense - ENTID Rules

ApomTom
Forest Walker

Postby ApomTom » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:17 pm

Neco wrote:
If you played the alpha you'd know that titan items already don't have cooldowns. ;)

I played like 15 games this morning but always builder :P. Also you might want to think about a 1 second CD in case of lagging, double click accidents, etc.

This isn't really a suggestion, more of an observation, but the "research centers" for certain builders (mak, gnoll, etc) are a bit bare. They have like 3 researches and the hunter is the only one you can get without gold. Also faerie's RC costs 300 while others cost 150.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 am

Agreed with milliseconds cd to counter laggs/mistakes. Or the make items sell-able for x seconds after having bought them (dota2 style).
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:05 am

You can also give it stock, first 3 items have no CD, then recharge time is 5 seconds for each item.

-Burn

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:49 am

Hey all.

Just wanted to say I've had a busy week with the end of my university term. Combined with a lack of major bugs (reported ones anyway), I might skip this week and allow some more reports to flow in before the 0087 release.

I hope you guys are all having a good week so far!

LiMiePewPew
Armored Tree

Postby LiMiePewPew » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 pm

I don't see major bugs anymore. Is it possible to release a beta version sooner or later?
& let the version hosted on ent for a short period, so the massive players can find any more bugs.
Get PewPewd.

Neco
Treant Protector

Postby Neco » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:46 pm

LiMiePewPew wrote:I don't see major bugs anymore. Is it possible to release a beta version sooner or later?
& let the version hosted on ent for a short period, so the massive players can find any more bugs.

Yeah, was planning this at some point soon.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:37 am

Make it public first, after a shot while, we can make it on the bot. With uak's speed, I wouldn't risk any major bugs.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Old Beta Versions”